Discovery Gaming Community
Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 (/showthread.php?tid=163911)

Pages: 1 2

Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - Lythrilux - 08-19-2018

Change this:
Quote:7. All bounties must specify the persons hired to take the bounty before they can start collecting on it. Players using the Bounty Hunter ID may freely claim on lawful bounty boards without the need for registration, unless the board specifically states otherwise.

To this:
Quote:7. All bounties must specify the persons hired to take the bounty before they can start collecting on it. Players using the Bounty Hunter ID and the Union Corse ID may freely claim on lawful bounty boards without the need for registration.

It's utterly silly that Boards can just mitigate a feature of the Bounty Hunting rules designed to reduce the frustrations of Bounty Hunting itself. I don't even understand why the option for them to require that additional bit of paperwork even exists - it's just a headache for everyone.

The Bounty Hunter ID isn't generic and is part of a Sirius-wide organisation with long-standing ties to various groups and Houses in lore. Why each individual BHG requires signing up to certain boards where the diplomacy is friendly/allied is whack.

Some Boards already let BHG auto-register, but I really don't see why that shouldn't be the standard across all Boards. On another note, this gives the BHG ID a definitive edge over the Freelancer ID. For good measure, the UC ID should also be added there for the some of the same reasons listed above.

RE: Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - GrnRaptor - 08-19-2018

It would be nice if the UC "Can claim any bounty" line was understood to be anywhere and not presumed to be ZOI restrictive while we're at it.

RE: Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - Freeroamer - 08-20-2018

(08-19-2018, 11:53 PM)GrnRaptor Wrote: It would be nice if the UC "Can claim any bounty" line was understood to be anywhere and not presumed to be ZOI restrictive while we're at it.

I would agree that all IDs that aren't generic should get a line on bounty claiming..

RE: Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - Sol - 08-20-2018

I'd prefer this rule to be enforced, unless the bounty board completely locks out Bounty Hunters Guild from claiming from them.

RE: Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - Felipe - 08-20-2018

I prefer if the rule stays as it is.

Yes i know and understand the point for BHG but you see, if i need to choose to pay bounty to who i want to hire and who i do trust, or to no one, will be to no one.

I personally dislike the idea of paying *for other tag get activity*.

So *cough* i prefer paying for Lambdo (for example) to shoot some pirate bothering me, than to pay for a random BHG that shot some random lol somewhere.

And while (i think) most BHG ided players would be nice and all, when im concerned they paying for the *not-so-nice* guys.

However, thats just my opinion (that no one asked btw).

A BHG ID'd player is reliant on working, active boards with active targets unless they want to play as a nerfed freelancer ID. If I could, I'd make an elementary bounty board for the BHG and lawful mercs, bountying the local criminals where their primary ZoI is, and for the locations where the BHG is supposed to hunt in lore as well.

It wouldn't pay much, but allow anyone to get in quickly and have something to do. That way choosy bounty boards would not have to be bothered.

RE: Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - SnakThree - 08-20-2018

If you want BHG to have access to simple action, then how about we allow them to hunt all criminals without getting paid?

RE: Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - Saronsen - 08-20-2018

What if BHG got small instant FLHook payments for killing criminal IDs?

Based on ship size of course.

Very original idea Snak.

RE: Alter Bounty Hunting Rule 7 - Binski - 08-20-2018

I agree with the OP, I always believed the BHG ID was meant to be able to bounty hunt just based off your ID pick. Needing to register on top means you might as well just go Freelancer and keep some more neutrality.

(08-20-2018, 06:07 AM)SnakThree Wrote: If you want BHG to have access to simple action, then how about we allow them to hunt all criminals without getting paid?

No bounty? they're just vigilanties in that case!