Discovery Gaming Community
Hellbound - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Hellbound (/showthread.php?tid=164045)

Pages: 1 2 3

Hellbound - Meallan - 08-25-2018

Hellbound

[Image: UPu0Ck1.png]
New London System, Southampton Shipyards, 25.08.825AS

Meallan Dagon's eyes looked at the real time video being displayed by one of the screens that mimicked windows inside the passenger deck of the DL-Hai "Grizzly". His jaw tensed when he saw the scorch marks made by asteroids or whatever hit it when the ship was offline for years. Several layers of the ablative armor plating were hanging out of place or corroded by radiation, and he could see by the flicker emitted by the ships security lights that there was issues with the electrical grid.

[Image: SRqEgiO.gif]

Grabbing the pda that contained the preliminary scans, he thanked whatever gods existed in Sirius that the Bretonians, his kin, weren't sleeping on the job. First thing they did when the ship moored was a full scan of the ship after shutting down the powercore and purging all fuel from the ship. Yet, the news he received while in transit were not the best. The Armed Forces would only allow the ship to be moored and repaired for less than two weeks. And while the official bill was being paid by the Armed Forces, his sister told him that funds were a non-issue if need be. Money would not be the issue he surmised, but the timetable was too short to make bring it back at full.

The "Grizzly" shook somewhat and the klaxons turned red, signalling the landing procedure. He sighed and shook his head, laughing to himself. The chance to work on the Hellbound fell onto his lap without notice, but he grabbed it with both hands. And in the end, that bloody beast would fly again. But this time, it would be for the good guys at long last.

RE: Hellbound - Sinclair - 08-25-2018

Emma was frustated. She's been sitting on her toolbox for half a hour, waiting for someone to let her in. She stood up, and took out her terminal from a pocket of her coveralls. After a moment, she called the station control and said -Oi! If the boss of this junk-heap is around, tell him to open the airlock, or i'll go up for you lads, and land my footsies on your bottoms! -She sat back down, and waited.
As she looked up, she could see the massive hull of the ship -The outer hull seems pretty hurty. Let's hope she's looking better on the inside. -After a few minutes, when she really was about to leave for control, her terminal started to vibrate.

RE: Hellbound - Nen - 08-25-2018

HMS-Agincourt was berthed in her drydock for routine retrofits and maintenance. Three weeks being the reported time it’ll take for all the retrofits and her testing. Then she’ll be ready for space trials. Though most captains would be anxious during this time, wanting to get back to the fight, Mara Blythe found herself to be quite happy, giddy almost. Refits gave her a chance to exorcise that temptation to tinker and wrench, not as if her crew will complain nor will the dock staff have any reasonable exception to a ship’s captain and a licensed engineer helping oversee the operation.

Unfortunately the actual work would have to wait, first was the paper work that needed to be done. Just always there to hold back the interesting stuff. As she was looking over the schedual and manifest her Neural Net terminal started buzzing. Huh, wonder what this is all about, probably just some desk monkey getting on my case for not filing that report yet. The actual message however was something more unexpected.

‘Report to mooring point B19, ASAP. You will be briefed when you arrive’

“Now why would I be needed over there? B section is for battleships.” Mara subsequently spent the entire trek there trying to answer that exact question in her head. Though none of her answers were even close to the actual answer. An answer that was now staring her in the face as she looked out the glass seeing a strange and badly damaged warship moored at B19.

“Well, this just got a whole lot more interesting. ”

RE: Hellbound - Meallan - 08-25-2018

Salute, salute, salute, nod, salute. Meallan did his best while dealing with the Bretonian protocol, but he was somewhat happy. He always was when he could put his hands in what one could call an unique ship. A Sargeant of the Armed Forces was guiding him and handed him a small pda with the team composition. Four marshalls of the 404 Agency were in the four corners of an imaginary box surrounding him, something he was already used to after having them around for more than a year, thanks to the Nemesis. He swiped through the profiles and after a minute he stopped, the marshalls stopping automatically as if they were connected to him, and he rose his finger at the sergeant already beckoning a question.

"Why this team?"

The sergeant looked back and rose an eyebrow.

"Commodore Dagon hand-picked them from our meager roster, sir. We just don't have people to spare and frankly, I still don't know how she managed to arrange you a fifty man team for this, sir."

Meallan sighed and nodded to resume their pace. He kept on swiping, reading their backgrounds. His logistical officer was to be a whisp of a woman, with a decent record and a lifer on Southampton. Ok, he thought. His electrical chief, however, a captain of the secondary fleet, currently waiting for her ship's refit. Good grades, but little to no experience in these kind of projects. And the one responsible for overseeing the engine department, Meallan rose an eyebrow at this man record. He had been doing this before Meallan was even born. He was just not that good of a team-player. His eyes kept reading the records and finally they arrived at an elevator that would take them to the repair bay where they would start the repairs of the Hellbound. As the elevator rose, Meallan finally looked up at the ship once again, through the window. He asked the sergeant if he could already contact the EVA team that was cleaning the outer hull, to which the sergeant answered in a positive manner. He opened a comm and issued his first command on this project.

"Hi. I'm your Chief for these next weeks. Do me a favor, and remove the name from the bow of ship... Yeah, remove the plates if need be. Scratch the name with one of the robotics if you have to. Thanks."

They had left the name of the ship intact. Meallan shook his head and sighed. People do have short memories.

RE: Hellbound - Sinclair - 08-25-2018

"Hi. I'm your Chief for these next weeks. Do me a favor, and remove the name from the bow of ship... Yeah, remove the plates if need be. Scratch the name with one of the robotics if you have to. Thanks." -Sooo formal -Emma thought, then picked the open channel so everyone could hear her -Okay bossy, now open the damn airlock... pretty please, with cherry on top? -Then she thought about why this mysterious boss would want to scratch the name -Of course it's bad history, but hell if it means anythin' to the frogs, we should let them pee in the bed! -She made a mental note to ask this mysterious man.
The airlock and the door at the end of the hallway opened up in the same second

RE: Hellbound - Vovasishe - 08-25-2018

Roy woke up in his own small room in the Southampton quarters. A few minutes later, already shaved, he donned his standard BMM uniform. Dixon quickly moved to the canteen for a quick breakfast.

“Again, oatmeal..”

Roy grumbled and began to eat. Having finished with his porridge, he began to drink his tea, black with milk, while reading the latest news.
“Well, at least they didn't spoil this tea. All we needed now was a bloody barbarian placing milk before the tea.”

Suddenly, the loudspeaker croaked to life.

“Engineer Roy Dixon, please, report to mooring point B19, ASAP.”

Dixon was surprised, but didn't show it. He just grumbled at his life. He put on his cap and started his walked to the mooring point bay.

RE: Hellbound - Meallan - 08-27-2018

[Image: p6oXM7m.png]

Twenty minutes later, the team was assembled in the B19 viewport room. Meallan was looking at the Hellbound through the window, when the sergeant coughed, signaling everyone was there. Turning around, he started talking, with his finger pointing at the ship that was moored.

"Two weeks."

The group looked at Meallan, and some, if not all faces were looking at him funny due to what he said. Meallan stretched his hand to the sergeant that quickly handed him his pda, to remind himself of the key points, before rising his eyes to meet the crowd again.

"That's the timetable we have to put this dame back into the dance. And she's an old lady. A tough and mean one, granted, but she's been out in the cold for a long time."

He pulled the personnel files and started organizing his thoughts.

"And since this dame deserves to get back into the action, we're going to sleep twenty four hours in these fourteen days. It's gonna be hard. You'll feel like crap, but I can tell you that in the moment she"

Meallan's finger pointed again back at the ship.

"gets her engine running and out of that berth by itself, you'll feel like the proudest guy and gal in the shipyard, knowing it was worth it."

He looked down at the pda and started calling out names.

"Captain Mara Blythe, you're my Electrical. Your team file is in your inbox."

He gestured for her to come to his.

"Engineer Dixon, Roy. Engines. Same thing. And since the old lady came limping, I guess you got your work cut out."

Meallan nodded at the middle-aged man who was already walking to his side.

"Engineer Sinclair, Emma. Logistics and structural."

He looked around and a small girl, scratch that, woman finally came to view from behind the significantly taller people around her.

"Your team is also in your inbox."

Meallan gave the pda back to the sergeant and looked at the remaining techs and workers.

"First step, we're to put every section, every bulkhead, every room to a stress and re-pressurization tests. All of us. If we find a breach, we plug it and we signal it. So get your EVA suits and tools, because I want this finished.. Today."

Meallan and turned to the three engineers nearby, as the crowd dispersed to prepare for the task ahead.

"Evening, ladies and gent."

He walked towards the window and placed his hand on the glass, looking at the Osiris.

"Sinclair, I need you to request a doctor to keep an eye on the team and a supply of high-performance drugs. I want them clear-headed, keen, aware and watched. Also, get me a Libertonian engineer, one of the bunch that are stationed here. That dame is a first gen, so I bet we're going to find a lot of old liberty style systems."

Turning around, he crossed his arms and looked at the two women and the man.

"After the stress check-up, we'll reconvene. Any questions?"

RE: Hellbound - Sinclair - 08-27-2018

Emma looked up to the cheif's eyes. -Well bossy, it should be a who the hell are ya, a why do you scratchin' the name off, and a do you have someone you'd really like, in ascending order. -Let's see much you'll tell me -Other than that, I can probably get one of the medical teams that we have here, but stimulants are another story. We don't have enough for that on place. We can do the work on four shifts instead of three, so the workers can be more focused too. -Well bye-bye normal sleep circle -she thought, then added -I'll need the three smallest workers you have to check up the inner hull. She sat down on her toolbox, already organizing shifts and supplies on her terminal. As she looked up again on the cheif, who looked like a giant from her position -So?

RE: Hellbound - Nen - 08-27-2018

Two weeks?! For a warship of her size? , Mara’s face contorted at that fact, thinking about all the potential issues on the ship. The entire computing systems are probably fried from being exposed to the solar winds for years without any shielding. Likely outdated too. Wiring and capacitors are probably not up to modern standards and seeing the wear of neglect as well.

How the hell did we get our hands on a warship of a class used by a known terrorist cell? Is what Mara wanted to say, but this project seemed to be one of those were discretion is the smartest choice. Though this Sinclair women seemingly ignored that fact. At least a name would be useful however, would be annoying to use ‘chief’ or ‘sir’ the entire time.

“Do we at least have schematics and specifications for the ship? Wiring diagrams, reactor wattage, floor plans, et cetera?” she at least wanted to know what she was getting into before working to death for two weeks, a plan of action.

RE: Hellbound - Meallan - 08-27-2018

The whisp of a woman was clearly fitting the bill of a logistical officer. Questioning, working and no time for bs. Meallan rose an eyebrow and smirked, like the playboy he was.

"Name's Chief. And i'll be your chief for the next two weeks. I'm here on a very special favor since your Commodore does have some pull."

He looked at the remaining engineers and turned to the window, looking again at the ship.

"That is the Hellbound. For many, that name doesn't ring a bell. For those that do remember, that name triggers your survival instinct not to touch it or even be close to it."

Walking alongside the window, his eyes were fixed on the ship, noticing all the details that he could from that far out.

"This lady has seen and created more bloodshed than any other ship in its class. You simply can't find another one alive and kicking like her. She has traveled all of Sirius and burned all of Sirius. Their owners back then weren't coy in using it to shoot down civilians and innocents. And weren't afraid when they were outnumbered ten to one."

His feet turned and he faced the engineers again, still with his smirk plastered on its face.

"And it's last owners weren't better, to be frank. The Reavers found it and brought her back online and ripping steel like she used to do. Only thanks to their unusual habit of disappearing from time to time is that you got her in your hands. You can thank the Commodore on that, I guess. So yeah. By meantime, let's not publicize what ship is it."

Walking towards Sinclair, he stopped in front of her, while she was sitting on her toolbox. She looked like a little girl, for all concerns. Yet his face turned to the Captain.

"There are some schematics in the data-cores it seems. The power core is almost brand new, with little use, so I venture whoever fixed her the last time had access to them. Don't rightfully know what's what, until we check if the ship is in order for us to work it without zero-g suits. The wiring however, from the preliminary scans, is old. Captain, you'll be tasked with reviewing every inch of it. Capacitors, shunts, grids, the whole nine yards and then some."

He bend over and tapped twice at the already on-the-job whisp.

"Get me the oldest and most experienced cowboy engineer the Libertonians have sent, and I'll get you the crew to check the inner hull. And I still want docs and meds. No stabiline, no euphoria creating stuff. I just don't want them to fall asleep on the job."

Meallan got up and looked at them all, with the middle-aged man seemingly grumbling to himself.

"Anything else?"