Discovery Gaming Community
Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges (/showthread.php?tid=164060)

Pages: 1 2 3

Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - DiscoveryGC Admins - 08-26-2018

We're currently encountering a rather unpredictable bug with POBs.

In the case of it, sadly frequently, happening, POBs will be set to a mining event mode.

In this mode, the station will not become hostile when shot, nor will it raise its shields.

Additionally there seems to be an issue with some POBs not repairing at all, consuming resources without replenishing their health pool.

So for the time being POBs may not be attacked by players nor may new bases be constructed(the construction is prevented by requiring an unobtainable commodity)

All attack declarations will be valid again once the bug is fixed.

We'll update you once this bug is fixed.

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - SnakThree - 08-26-2018

But the POBs can be upgraded and used to manufacture goods? Now we can't even prevent docking if shields don't come up. Odd timing but oh well.

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - Skorak - 08-26-2018

If you could report any odd occurences with pobs that would be greatly appreciated. It might help figuring out a pattern.
We already had to restore five bases.

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - Karlotta - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 08:47 AM)Skorak Wrote: If you could report any odd occurences with pobs that would be greatly appreciated. It might help figuring out a pattern.

A week ago I shot a POB (Derry Trading Post in Dublin) to prevent a Molly from docking there, and I got a bout 20 green messages that said

[17.08.2018 18:06:32] The rock is too tough. You need mining arrays for this.

I thought it was linked to me having a BMM ID or something. My setup was BMM ID, Templar VHF, debs+flashpoints.

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - Lythrilux - 08-26-2018

Sounds like a lot of these cases are happening with POBs inside asteroid fields. Are there any cases where this isn't true?

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - Eurobeat - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 12:30 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Sounds like a lot of these cases are happening with POBs inside asteroid fields. Are there any cases where this isn't true?

Not sure if it has anything to do with the bug, because it was reportedly shot by a hacker, but Emlenton Storage & Exports is far from any fields and was sent to another dimension when it was shot just once

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - St.Denis - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 12:30 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Sounds like a lot of these cases are happening with POBs inside asteroid fields. Are there any cases where this isn't true?

There does not appear to be a pattern ie location, Core level etc

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - Freeroamer - 08-26-2018

Care to state which bases have been restored?

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - St.Denis - 08-26-2018

Those that were destroyed without an Attack Declaration

RE: Prevention of POB Construction and Sieges - kerfy - 08-29-2018

(08-26-2018, 08:47 AM)Skorak Wrote: If you could report any odd occurences with pobs that would be greatly appreciated. It might help figuring out a pattern.

I have had items vanish from my POB. most notable was a transport cloak. I have had goods dissapear and reappear as well..