Discovery Gaming Community
The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone (/showthread.php?tid=164081)

The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - Skorak - 08-26-2018

So there was a lot of feedback on Bristol's location blocking the Freeport and providing a safe zone for ships to run to.
This is the first of the issue people mentioned in feedback and PMs it just all takes a while.

I have for now picked the following as useful or doable spots:

[Image: unknown.png]

I should have probably numbered these but too late now:

All of the following free the Freeport junction. We will also destroy any base that will be built there should our move request be passed.
1. 34DE: Opposite site of the system, still close to the Freeport but further away from the mining area. Good access for buyers.
2. 45E: Will be close to the Freeport, not much further from the Mine field. Better defensability and nice spot with the exclusion.
3. 45FG: Close to Freeport, pmuch same range to mining field.

This one will also reduce the safe zones of the faction in the system from 2 to 1.
4. Marshall: Moving the station closer to Marshall will keep the mining area at pretty much the same distance. But it might make the installation very unattractive to ore buyers.

I'd like to ask your opinions on this. This is not a poll, the decision where we request this moved will be our own. It's also not guaranteed staff will move the base.
We have hopes though considering it's a community wish to improve gameplay in the area.

RE: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - Sombs - 08-26-2018

I still think you should do what I said Thursday: Put it to Marshall Station, don't occupy more space than that area. People want FP2 and the surrounding area as activity hub, give it to them. Marshall is already defended, so if Bristol is moved there, there are not further "losses" for anyone coming to Bering while you have the NPC station better defended, and each PoB is defending each other too.

RE: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - Settra - 08-26-2018

First of all, kudos to you and the rest of Harmony for deciding to move the installation.

As for actual positioning. I'd have to say I agree with Sombra. Move it to Marshall

RE: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - Enkidu - 08-26-2018

UN would prefer it if Bristol was at Marshall. It means UN and H supported miners are equidistant more or less from the field.

Thank you for approaching this topic instead of being combative. I'm unsure if I'd be so mature about it myself if the positions were reversed.

You're a really good 1ic, Skorak

RE: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - Skorak - 08-26-2018

My only worry with moving it to Marshall is commercial viability. would those people that buy, fly there? I don't actually trade military salvage so I have no idea what the most common routes are.

RE: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - Yazov - 08-26-2018

Well, Freeport 2 is trying hard to shoot down my OS&C ship on approach to Bristol. Marshall might be somewhat more soft in that regard, so yea - i don't mind flying all the way there to grab a load of mil.salvage.

RE: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - Enkidu - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 07:11 PM)Skorak Wrote: My only worry with moving it to Marshall is commercial viability. would those people that buy, fly there? I don't actually trade military salvage so I have no idea what the most common routes are.

I do, and most of the routes use the Hamburg hole.

RE: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - LaWey - 08-26-2018

Marshall station sit right near to hamburg hole, that nohow not less attractive, maybe only for OC trips, that position make it high attractive for Gamma arti/relics trade.

Tanith ninjed.

(08-26-2018, 07:26 PM)Anton Okunev Wrote: Marshall station sit right near to hamburg hole, that nohow not less attractive, maybe only for OC trips, that position make it high attractive for Gamma arti/relics trade.

Tanith ninjed.

Communism slow, syndicalism speedy!

RE: The situation of Bristol - Free for discussion by anyone - LaWey - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 07:28 PM)Riehl Wrote: Communism slow, syndicalism speedy!
Slow, but sure.