Discovery Gaming Community
Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. (/showthread.php?tid=164112)

Pages: 1 2 3

Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Thexare - 08-28-2018

Two reasons.

1. At 4500, it breaks the generic transport pattern - 1k, 2k, 3k, 5k. At 4.5k, the Large Train is the odd man out.

2. Freelancer IDs and Zoners that trade in House space can use the Train, if they want to make use of the cargo pod customization or just like the style. Corporate IDs likewise have the Advanced Train as a 5k version. 4.3k IDs such as IMG have to take a significant cargo nerf if they want to use a Train. Making the Large Train a 4k would give 4.3k IDs a top-end Train option, and give the Large Train a niche for them as a visually-customizable transport. With all those cargo pods that got added recently, I imagine there'd be some interest.

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Goddess Astra - 08-28-2018

Seconded.

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Sand_Spider - 08-28-2018

Purrito Seal of Approval™!

Seriously, this would be awesome to have on 4.3k IDs, especially ones who traverse asteroid/scrap fields frequently (*Cough* Junker ID *Cough*).

But yes. IDs which can use the 4.5k Train don't use it, because they can just use the full 5k version. Bumping it down to 4k would allow far more IDs to take advantage of that vessel. Please and thank you!

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Mr.Fabulous - 08-28-2018

Mr.Fabulous
SEAL OF APPROVALTM

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - JorgeRyan - 08-28-2018

Sounds great.

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Goddess Astra - 08-28-2018

(08-28-2018, 03:26 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: As a second option, we could add more variants, making the increment of 500 cargo the norm (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5) but I don't know if there'd be enough birds to name them after.

If we did that, we should also have a freighter with a single cargo pod and 500 cargo. Which actually sounds great, I would totally fly that.

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Thexare - 08-28-2018

(08-28-2018, 03:26 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: As a second option, we could add more variants, making the increment of 500 cargo the norm (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5) but I don't know if there'd be enough birds to name them after.

I'm not sure how you'd design them. An even longer Large Transport for 2.5k would just look asinine, and you can't really just add one cargo pod to a Train without it looking wrong.

I'm always on board with more variety in ships, especially large "civilian" options, I'm just not sure how you'd do it. Maybe make the x.5 ones a completely new (still Sirian Civ) line with their own style.

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Darkseid667 - 08-28-2018

What? The large 5k trains have too little cargo space compared to transports like a 3.6k Serenity that has 1/3rd it's size. Any further reduction just for the looks would be an abomination for anyone who needs serious cargo space for instance in base building and maintenance.

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Thexare - 08-28-2018

(08-28-2018, 04:16 AM)Darkseid667 Wrote: Any further reduction just for the looks would be an abomination for anyone who needs serious cargo space for instance in base building and maintenance.

There is literally no one that can use the current Large Train that doesn't already have access to larger ships - in particular, the Advanced Train. If bulk is your concern, you're not using a Large Train to begin with.

Edit: There seems to have been a misunderstanding actually. You think I'm talking about nerfing the 5k train. I'm not, I'm talking about the 4.5k. The 5k is unchanged in my proposal.

RE: Large Train should have 4000 cargo. - Vulkhard Muller - 08-28-2018

Please, it would help my symmetrical OCD I do think the Heron makes No Sense mathematically

however i do still feel that the Storks model should be less Long and More Box, pardon my Lovely Art skills but see here:

[=]

The Basis being the Crane and making it more Cube like I feel personally this makes a tad bit more sense design wise.

just my 2 Cents