Discovery Gaming Community
Logs of a dead man - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Logs of a dead man (/showthread.php?tid=164604)

Logs of a dead man - Goatman - 09-20-2018

Day 1

Well, thats it. I'm officially dead. It's strange how i feel alive more than ever. I know i shouldn't have left the scene this way. I know there would have been some people trying to convince me to stay and keep on fighting.

I will miss those friends but eventually, i might contact them... maybe. It's not that i don't care about them, it's simply that i couldn't stand this crap anymore. I never wanted to become such an important figure and not to mention that my investigation was gathering more attention on me.

I know that the fleet is in good hands with Reyes and Evans being the watchdogs. I think i should contact Nazawo to let's him know that i'm still alive and planning to leave liberty. He might know somewhere i can hide until i made up my mind.

Wonder if some people didn't bought my death but it's too late to come back. Pretty sure the whole navy believed my death but for others... I think i managed to really fake it ... i hope

I can't contact Sanders nor Miller yet because i fear they might blow up my cover or simply don't understand why i left. My old friend Ducky is willing to lend me one of his ship so i can move around unnoticed. I created a neuralnet account using AW3 so maybe they will stumble accross this it and try to contact.

I have to find more proofs about liberty navy being deeply exposed to nomad infection so my best bet will be to start investigating what they really are. I think my best bet will be to get to Cambridge university and get my hands on some data.
AW3

RE: Logs of a dead man - Goatman - 09-21-2018

Day 2

I've met Talbert (Ducky) on Manhattan to get my hands on a ship. I borrowed a T-833-GB Ahoudori from him. He asked me to keep the spirit of his ships and keep at least goose in the name so i went with DeepSpace.Goose. I think the name fit well since the purpose of my travel is to uncover the thru that lie deep.

My trip to Cambridge was finally a dud. I realized that a dead man can't have access that easy to not so sensitive datas. My questions regarding the nomads might have draw some attention to me. The unwanted one. I think they might try to follow me but again i might be paranoid.

The only information i had was that i should get into the Omicrons and get in touch with order. I already met some of their pilots while i was flying for the 5th fleet but still unsure if i can trust them. For now i'll fly to New Berlin to pay visit to someone that ducky said could provide some informations. Why do i have the feeling this will turn into a wild goose chase? *chuckle*

On personnal note, its only been few days since i'm alone and it's weird. I'm happy but sad at the same time. Wish i could have told the buddies what i was about to do. I'm sure that is one Admiral who didnt bought my "suicide". Why do i have the feeling that Reyes didn't fall for it? Yet again must be paranoia or simply i respect his intelligence too much. *grin*

We'll see if someone contact AC3 on the communicationi board. Now let's go feed my old dog and get some sleep because i'm not about to rest in peace... yet *laughs*
AW3

RE: Log of a dead man - Goatman - 09-23-2018

Day 4

Was a long bumpy ride to Omicron Theta. I had some encounter with the Corsairs as i crossed their "home". I spotted few nomads ships in the cloud they call Maldava cloud. Nothing i couldn't handle. Last time i saw this much nomads it's was during some patrol in deeper Alaska. Pretty sure the Corsairs know stuff about those entities but i still think they can't be trusted.... but again it's my biais due to years of navy Indoctrination.

However, It's my first time on a "real" Freeport and i must say it a clash of culture for me. Here you see people from all accross sirius, friends and foes drinking and eating together. They talk casually like they we're normal peoples. In space they get at each other and here... i never thought i would see that in my life. *laughs*

With my nice, undented ship, clean clothes and freshly shaved baby face, i drew some attention. I don't know if it's good or bad attention yet but think i should let's my beard and hairs grow to blend in. I'll stay here for few days here to "learn" to be a denizen of the omicrons or at least try to be one. I have to stop acting like a navy officer because in this part of the universe, i know that boyscouts doesn't last long. It's hard to look the otherway when someone is in danger but i have to.

Think i'll get to the bar, have few drinks with the local and listen to their story and maybe learn one thing or two *smile*

RE: Log of a dead man - Goatman - 10-25-2018

A month later

Well seem like i blended right in. But old habits are hard to get rids of. Looking the other way when i see injustice or crime being committed still hard for me but i need to get away of the boy scout i use to be in lliberty.

I had to get back to Kusari to get the Ahoudori fixed. My last encounter with the nomads didn't really go as planned. I made it alive and it's all that matter but the old lady was in rough shape. Unfortunatly i had to use my "hidden" back account to pay for the bills. Hope nobody will be able to track down the transaction otherwise i might blow up my cover. Right now i feel like a trapped animal on New Tokyo. I know alot of people here and i would like to go say "hi" but i can't.

So far my investigation led me to believe that nomad's are more than erratics, hostiles and reckless creature they want us to believe. While they mostly act like they we're part of a "hive", some of those "creatures" actually have their own personality and will. I think they might have a hierarchy that is about my comprehension right now.

The last few weeks in the omicrons made me believe that my own government is well aware of the threat but hide it even to the navy. I remember that i've read report about fleet of liberty, rheinland and even kusari ships being totally hijacked by infected... WHAT IF the whole liberty's republic government officials we're under the influence too? *sighs*

It's the kind of thoughts that's make me second guess my decision of leaving the "safety" of liberty. I should have told not only to Ducky what i was about to do but to Gregor too. Anyway it's too late to come back in time. I need to find the truth. For many years i fought never asking questions but now.... i have more and more questions that i can't answer. *shake is head*

off to bed now. I deserve some rest and find a good story to tell Ducky why the ship is such in bad shape...if i ever make it back.

RE: Logs of a dead man - Goatman - 10-26-2018

Feel homesick. Being on New Tokyo make me realize that i miss my comfy house on Houston. I expect uncle Ducky taking good care of my house but more important i hope he didn't tell my dad the whole story. The old bastard would be mad enough to get a bounty on my head to bring me back alive. *shrug*

So far, i've made NO discovery nor could get informations from the order's pilots i've encountered. Instead all i had was warning to avoid the topic or simply was "invited" to leave. Starting to wonder if my idea was a good one. Sure thing, what i've seen in the omicrons is far from what i was expecting. The most dangerous specie there aren't the nomads but the humans. *sighs*

I'm starting to believe that nomads were sent as a plague to purge humanity from their sins. Or maybe we did something or it's more simply than this. Mother Nature is sick and twisted so eventually, each predator eventually become the prey to another specie of predator which is stronger, faster and have evolved in the shadow. *shiver*

Could it be that simple? We're no longer the apex predator but the prey? A disease to be removed from sirius? I shouldn't have left liberty's space. I miss everything. I feel like i'm losing my mind. Pretty sure Gregor would laugh at me. Think it's time that i head back to liberty space and.... take a break from this stupid endeavour. That's it, i'm done here. I'm not suited for such undertaking... for now.

I'll have to find a way to either "revive" or get myself a new ID. Either way, i'm put my quest on ice. Let's get some sleep and head back to liberty. Pretty sure i'll be able to find someone that could help me with my legal status. *shy smile*