Discovery Gaming Community
Missions are not worth it anymore - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Missions are not worth it anymore (/showthread.php?tid=164646)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Missions are not worth it anymore - StDH - 09-22-2018

Thank you for increasing the Hurricane cost to 100k, it's surely worth knowing that when i die i will loose 8'000'00 mil worth of torps and have to rebuy them again for 8'000'000 mil.

Considering the best mission you can get is 5'900'000 mil, this is utterly wrong.

4 Carriers just cruised up to me and after a while BC's spawned. Thankfully the mission was assasination and needed only 14 torps to destroy the Carrier. Of course i naturally could not beam the cargo because of BC's and Carriers. So i just make 4'750'000 credits but lost 1'400'000 for Torps.

Note: BS with 2.5x armor and BC's with 4.0x
Note2: Carriers still have equipped Cerbs.

Now consider that mission was in clear space.

Omicron Tau, full of rocks that WILL stop you. Get Core missions which have only BC's and you end up dead faster than with Makos.

I'm sure people will be happy to Alt+Tab for hours to make money.

Understand this. Not everyone is willing to trade like a mindless drone. Everyone has different reasons why they enjoyed Disco.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Laz - 09-22-2018

I am failing to see a problem here. Before missions were broken af and far far more profitable than even the most broken of trade routes. It got patched and now there is no reason to do stuff anymore? Perhaps you should have been around when missions were totally trash for money. (Also using location specific points is stupid because you can just go elsewhere)

To quote @Thyrzul from the Discovery Public Server:
Quote:Hurricanes didn't exist and nobody gave this many fucks about missions being bad.
Hurricanes happened and missions suddenly became better.
People noticed that missions are still better in certain areas with certain ships than in other areas with other ships,
Hurricanes get more expensive, and people still cry rivers about imbalance.

You can, you know, just trade. And yes, I saw that last comment. Very few people enjoy trading, I myself only know three people that enjoy it.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - StDH - 09-22-2018

When i got my first Cap, Hurricanes were already there.

If you add equipment, just to nerf it months later. It's just killing the game for new people.

If you don't care about new people. Then the community should stop crying about Disco dying.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Lythrilux - 09-22-2018

I've been talking about this in Discord. These changes are pants on head silly and the epitome of lazy balancing. Huge sweeping changes were applied to the structure of missions as a whole just because Corsair Missions in Xi were questionably good. No battleship missions across factions play the same. People have different heavies, armour, sell points etc the list goes on. You can't just treat all missions the same

So the end result is factions with heavy battleships will be a bit inconvenienced by these changes and will have to try harder but factions with light battleships will find these borderline impossible. Missions should be an accessible activity for all.

I really don't want to belive that the crying in Antonio's thread lead to such knee jerk lazy balance, but at the same time I secretly had a feeling the changes would be this messy, and not be carefully applied on a case by case basis. Talking to people in Discord, it seems the camp that campaigned for such changes have such a narrow-minded viewpoint on missions that they actually believe they're killing traders and destroying interaction.

Just to clarify, I don't think the Hurricane changes themsleves are what's worst (but I will add that for factions with light battleships, hurricanes are their only means of actually doing them). Making the NPCs even harder was a terrible idea for sure however.

All in all, these are not constructive changes which make missions harder. It's lazy balancing which pushes missions closer into the hands of a select few whilst cutting others out of it completly.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Banned player t202085 - 09-22-2018

I'm not so sure that harder NPCs are a terrible idea, I'm hoping that this will lead to more co-op play, although I am concerned that Core| and its indies (being the only Omi faction to not have access to some sort of heavy) are going to have a nightmare of a time vs npc nomads now. I would urge you to consider making changes to nomads that spawn from Core bases/missions in order to balance that out.

All of that said I am yet to actually try these new missions but even before the change we still had to roll as a group of 3.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Antonio - 09-22-2018

It's almost as if the hardest and most profitable missions should be group effort. 200m per hour was not fine, something had to change. We'll see how this change specifically impacted missions.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Titan* - 09-22-2018

instead of destroying everything why dont thy just nerf hurricane blast radius to prevent it from damaging 4-5 ship at the same time?

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Greylock - 09-22-2018

Then people get creative with nightmares.

Turrets? What turrets?

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Titan* - 09-22-2018

biggest reason why missiles have big radius is big ships like valor wasnt taking damage if small blast radius missile hit its front. That issue is fixed very long time ago, they can just give all capital missiles super low explosion radius like between 25-50
look at drone torps they have 10-20 explosion radius only issue i encounter was kusari destroyer wasnt taking shield damage because its a vanilla ship.

I think light missiles, fast tracking missiles should get big explosion radius. Giving them big radius not gonna be an issue because of low damage
Heavy missiels like Hurricane,Trinity,Nightmare,Apocalypse and Javelin missile should get low blast radius, they dont track most ships than BC/Battleship anyway and most of these ships doesnt have issues. I also believe Kusari destroyer bug can be fixed.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Greylock - 09-22-2018

That brings us back to the issue of when the npc caps get up close, you're dead even with cau8 just from their overwhelming firepower, infinite powercore, and now in the case of cruisers, cau8.