Discovery Gaming Community
To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium (/showthread.php?tid=164819)

To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - Yoshida - 09-28-2018

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

Dear neighbors,

It is unfortunate that we speak so rarely. Understandably you are doing this to appease your Libertonian overlords and masters who carry the biggest weight in both the war front and in regards to your war-torn economy.

What we don't understand however is your stance towards Natio Octavarium. We never imagined you'd be pushed around so easily.

What if the Lane Hackers set up operations in the orbit of one or two planetoids in Coronado system? There are plenty of them which remain unexploited by the Republic. And there is already the example of Octavarium, so you cannot tell us that this is not allowed. You gave them parts of Tau-44 which you paid a deep price for -- in blood -- as the system was lost and regained from the Gauls so many times. And this is not just any system, but it was your original home for so many years. So how did they get away with this?

Natio's Taskmasters say that you have been manipulated so badly, that they didn't even give you anything substantial for all that. Not directly of course, but they implied as much. We know Pecos' thin atmosphere and low oxygen levels damaged your mental capacity, but we never imagined so severely in order to hand over Colonial territory to landowners from Malta.

You have been pushed around enough, and we do not wish to see our neighbors be disgraced any further. We are willing to support you against the Natio Octavarium, unless you are planning to give up even more territory.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - TheShooter36 - 09-28-2018

[Image: x2ns7a.png]

Greetings, yes i will say that even after your insults, direct or indirect. i shall still greet you.

So you are Goro Yoshida that former Fleet Admiral and several Integral Systems Engineering personnel spoke about in the past. I did not expect you to come with such an arrogant and insulting behaviour, while speaking about "supporting" us. Here is an advice before i introduce myself: Have some decency and respect towards your potential cordial partners. You will see what i mean soon.

Now i should introduce myself like a proper Crayterian. I am Zack Xander, Fleet Admiral. Director of Crayter Uniformed Forces, also you simply know that as Crayter Military, Commander of Crayter First Fleet, Captain on CFV-Olympia and a member of Quorum* .

As much as your cause is... i will dare to say, admirable, i believe you are quite misinformed, "Professor".

Let me inform you perhaps. How? By starting all the way from how we encountered Natio Octaviarum and how events flowed.

Now, get ready for a short history lesson:

Natio Octaviarum, with their rag-tag fleet of snubcraft and transports, came to us, almost begging. For shelter, a place to re-grow and lick their wounds. We are not like those power hungry houses and their weenies, which is why we considered a ceasefire with Lane Hackers in first place. Thus, we let them construct Melbourne Station to have a base of operations and settle civilians on Borneo's underground settlements. We did not löse territory as you can see. We just let them be there as guests. Then, from what i read through records left by former Fleet Admiral Michael Richard, Octaviarum and Crayter Republic signed a treaty and formed a federation of sorts, where Natio Octaviarum was recognized as a legal entity within Crayter space and given rights to govern their settled places and their bases, plus vicincy around them to some extent, where said vicincy did not conflict with Crayter juristication. I believe what is still dark to me is Canberra Star City, however Tau-44 governor Aeryn Condor confirms that they were given permission to convert an asteroid into their base at Makassar Field.

Now i believe the history lesson is over. In case of that was too long for a being like yours, i believe i can sum it up shortly, like, even shorter…

Octaviarum came to us for home, We opened them our borders, We let them have home. They constructed bases, which we let them, they are acting according to big plans laid by Quorum.

However… i must thank you, even after how you portrayed the whole situation. Wait, Because of how you portrayed the whole situation, you sparked my interest. I would like to have a request from you, if you value our neighborship that much. I would like to given access to where Octaviarum claimed that they manipulated us badly and so on. I am ready to pay a rather hefty amount for that data.

Someone of your legendary resourcefulness and famed archivism of Hackers can fulfill such request. Do not fail me, Professor, you have a name to keep after all...

For Those We Left Behind!

Xander, out.

Signed, Zack Xander
Fleet Admiral
Commander of First Fleet
Crayter Military

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - Yoshida - 09-30-2018

...uploading.data...

Yes, Admiral Xander, I am Professor Yoshida of the Lane Hackers.

Should I remind you that respect is earned? Don't act all surprised to me or try to insult me back, it is petty.

Should I remind you that one thousand political refugees died by the actions of your men and then the Republic refused to even negotiate the possibility of retrieving the remaining 2,500 units which were picked up by our ships? Or should we respect how Natio Octavarium grows at your expense?

Anyway. Despite the lack of respect, the Lane Hackers harbor no ill feelings towards the leadership of CR. I would like to emphasize this statement since you are valuable allies against the Gallic war machine. As you may well know, the Lane Hackers have a strong presence in the Independent Worlds and are in position to strike right behind the front lines. Unfortunately the CR never took advantage of our strategic position, nor sought any cooperation with us since the peace treaty. Provided that you are interested as well, perhaps we can start building a modicum of cooperation on trade and military. Small actions of goodwill which can restore the respect we once had for your great Republic.

Regarding the Natio Octavarium, please allow me to answer your history lesson with an older one. Once upon a time the Lane Hackers co-owned the system of Vespucci with the Hellfire Legion. We were brothers and sisters in arms, personally I spent many months on Fort Leniex, a legendary starbase which you probably don't even know it exists. We equipped the Legion with formidable technology, and they were a real menace on the battlefield. Their rise in power created hubris, Mr Xander, and then the inevitable happened. They decided our activities were not in accordance with their ideology, and shortly afterwards we were expelled from Vespucci.

Does that story ring any bells, any similarities with your situation, Mr Xander? Perhaps one day I might entertain you with a story about the third partner of this relationship, the Vagrant Raiders who now go by the name 'Natio Octavarium'.

Foreseeing that history is going to repeat itself and the landowners of Malta will inevitably turn against you, the Hackers, by our own volition, contacted you and offered unconditional support. Even while their Ministers flock to our channels to offer their support*, we were willing to sacrifice this lucrative partnership in order to support you. And yet I did not receive a semblance of gratitude, not even a single acknowledgement, only irony and challenge.

As for your request, as I said, they implied that much, the wording was however much more moderate and mundane. They have also talked about you Mr Xander, by name, however again I am going to respect the privacy of our conversations and will not share anything.

Our offer of support stands and is unconditional. However the Lane Hackers will respect whatever choice you make on both subjects. the decision lies on your hands.

* // Read-only access, link works only once, content is removed upon viewing it thus cannot be used anywhere else.

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - TheShooter36 - 09-30-2018

Greetings again.

Well, i feel i owe you an apology. For my rather harsh behaviour while you truly offered support. You were trying to help while i was delusional.

Your history lesson was interestingly...familiar. We had a similar situation with Planetform around 807 A.S. as well. So be assured that results are well known from our side as well. Arrogant corporate weenies backstabbed us basically.

I believe i should explain the situation in Taus, as your operational network does not really reach that far, which we may alleviate in the future depending on circumstances.

First of all, Tau 44 is intended to be a central hub of trade and prosperity according to current development plans laid by Quorum and Intelligence's analysis. With the help of allies, we are re-colonizing Borneo nowadays and repairing Minato Harbor. Daid allies include Octaviarum, even if i am not content with their recent actions.

That brings the fact that i cannot influence everything by myself. Certain elements of Republic can and did in the past, overrule my decisions. Such as Crayter Intelligence Service and Quorum's majority votes.

As a personal comment, i think that Natio Octaviarum should be kept in check and precautions has to be in place. I cannot say that for rest of the Republic, especially those intel guys who can ***** hang a Fleet Admiral. *shivers in flashbacks for a second*

Now, while we need Octaviarum to a degree, we consider Hackers as a huge potential, especially if you can branch out to Taus, which with our assistance, you surely can.

Aside from Tau front, there are concerning developments within Liberty and Independent Worlds. All of a sudden, Libertonians "overlords" swiftly enacted embargoes on our vessels, classifying gods damn corporate transports as "foreign military craft" and effectively banning us from Liberty. A region that was crucial to keep our FTL Drive production flowing, we are forced to go great lengths and smuggle materials from Gallia nowadays. Which is where we are in need of assistance and as a result of that, we seek further alliances with several Liberty "unlawfuls". Liberty turned their backs to us, now we need primarily Hackers to "pay them back".

That is where our trade and military cooperation will kick in, aside from halting Gallic advance. We would like to discreetly support you with materials and aid you with providing you alternate base of operations. Such as Sabah Research Section with limited access. Or Borneo Orbital at Tau 44. In addition, should you become interested in our vast array of ships, we can definitely arrange some to be "lost" and reappear in your posession. If someone asks we do not know how they appear on your hands of course. Technically anyone can buy our ships by contacting Crayter Defense Industries. So with a middleman or two you can "legally" access them as well.

To be honest, i am interested in your latest additions to your arsenal. Vindicator Very Heavy Fighter. Should we can arrange a limited amount of such a transfer, to be used as E-War testbeds by Military and Intel.

Also, did you mention that they mentioned me by name? Can you give hints if not entire conversation?

Xander, out.

Signed, Zack Xander
Fleet Admiral
Commander of First Fleet
Crayter Military

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - Yoshida - 10-04-2018

...uploading.data...

Admiral Xander, the Lane Hackers are the biggest information brokers in Sirius because we maintain a reputation of trustworthiness. Subsequently I cannot reveal the content of conversations we have with anyone, even your very own subordinates.

However you do not need to be a magician to speculate what was mentioned about you and CR's future in general which would explain why we are ready to give up this lucrative relationship and unconditionally support you against the Natio. Not that it matters anymore, you have made your final decision on this subject, unfortunate as that may be.

Liberty has betrayed you Admiral. They want to keep you dependent and economically weak. They want their corporations to take over the contracts your shipping fleet used to have. Losing 1/2 of your major markets will be a huge blow to your war economy. You should show strength and respectively ban transports of Libertonian origin from your space. These people have no morals, the only thing they respect is strength. The Lane Hackers know this all too well. This is the reason we were founded in the first place.

We are ready to receive material support from the Republic, and in return strike targets of your own choice. Abductions, assassinations, extortions, blockades, pretty much anything you deem appropriate for the damage and disgrace they brought to Crayter.

Technology exchange is something feasible and possible. Lane Hacker technology is second to none in Sirius, however in order to have a successful deal we need to undertake steps to minimize the incompatibility of our technology with yours.

Finally, you mentioned Crayterian politicians. I wanted to ask you about the Quorum and the Intelligence Service. Have they displayed behavior contrary to the interests of the Republic? If in a future scenario, you received indisputable proof of Natio's schemes, is there a possibility they may try to block your efforts? Your cautious wording leads me to suspect foreign loyalties may be at play.

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - TheShooter36 - 10-05-2018

Greetings again.
A quick note. Your calculations about our war economy may be exaggarated. We undeniable hit s loss, however it is not that severe as you make it to be. It would equal around %10 of loss at maximum. Nothing we cannot shrug off in time as we find alternatives and middlemans.

Good to hear that you are supportive. As you mentioned, Liberty practically betrayed us. And obviously i want revenge. For every Libertonian you extort, hinder and humiliate, i decided i will pay you some amounts of money. Think it as a out of books contract for your boys. Plus there will be regular materials from Ares Logistics, the logistics division run by military. However, i must ask something in return and that is, your aid and joint operations against warmachine of Gallia. Plus limited access to one of your installations, either in Cortez or Magellan. For strategic deployment.

The thing about Quorum and Intelligence is, they actually never shown a contrary behaviour to interest of republic. However, if one's actions deemed harmful, intelligence tends to do questionable things to said persons. With undeniable proof, i believe i will have full support of Republic's governing bodies.

Xander, out.

Signed, Zack Xander
Fleet Admiral
Commander of First Fleet
Crayter Military

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - Wolfgang Weisen - 10-10-2018

...Operative.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: 2.png]

You are very optimistic, Fleet Admiral Xander.

As every Lane Hacker has their own colorful background, mine is decades of work in economics for Interspace Commerce. Liberty is the economic powerhouse of Sirius as well as the most populous one. We know your routes in Liberty and I can estimate with fairly good precision the losses your war economy will incur from this ban.

As for joint operation, I've been informed that we will arrange a specific date and time over in private channels.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Weisen

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - Agent Bravo - 10-28-2018

[Image: CR-Eagle.gif]
Feed:Message only
Encryption: CIS-1

Greetings Admiral, Professor.

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Agent Zeta, CIS Overseer.

Admiral Xander, how are you? I see that the First Fleet Command suits you.
Professor, I hope my message finds you well.

Pardon my intrusion but we followed the exchange of messages and Admiral, you must know that CIS never sleeps and we didn't interfere as the Admiral seems to have learned from the former Fleet Admiral Richards experience and he will not harm the Republic in any way or form.

The reason why we interfere now is the said joint operations and possible exchange of technology.

Professor, in our Republic, the CIS can access anything we need and thus the material can be delivered by our agents, but we need something. As Fleet Admiral Xander put it, the Liberty has shown their ugly part and we want to know why.

Why after so many years of fighting together against Gallia and free entrance in Libertonian space now we are no longer welcome? Are we talking corruption or another infestation? Their actions are making my Agency try every possible scenario as of why and we hope that you may have an insight into this matter.

As for Natio, my Agents have them under our scope in Tau 44, a system which we share and why we do that, I am afraid that the Fleet Admiral has already explained.

Now we turn to CIS. Who we are and what we are doing? We are an Agency designed to protect and defend the Republic against anyone, internal or external elements... We respond only to the President directly and our powers extend over everyone within our Borders, Military or Civilian. You can call us fanatics but me and my people are ready to lay down our lives for the good of the Republic. These powers were given after the upheaval in recent years, prior to Yuma colonization, and since then we are safeguarding the Nation.

Anything else you may want to know about us? Please contact us on CIS Channel 1 and one of our operators will connect you to me.

Zeta out.

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - Wolfgang Weisen - 10-30-2018

...Operative.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: 2.png]

CIS Overseer,

We are sorry to hear about the fate of Fleet Admiral Richards. That traitor should get what he deserves. The Lane Hackers are famous for our Mania-Interrogation technique, we can use it on this scum and uncover every little secret he has yet to spill out. Provided that you are interested of course.

As for your question, yes the Professorship would like to discuss in person an important matter with you or with Fleet Admiral Xander, whoever has the proper authority to represent your Republic. We will also supply you with coordinates so that your jump ship avoids all sorts of danger along the route.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Weisen

RE: To: Leadership of CR | Subject: Natio Octavarium - Agent Bravo - 10-31-2018

[Image: CR-Eagle.gif]
Feed:Message only
Encryption: CIS-1

Greetings Professor,

All depends with whom you wish to discuss: Military issues goes to Admiral Xander but we deal with a broader scope within the Republic and our ....recommandations to the Quoroum are taken seriously as it is known we don't really interfere within the day to day affairs of the Republic unless we have good reason.

As for them to question our reasons or the why is beyond question as we are known to be loyal to the Republics and the ideals of our nation.

I can come aboard a CIS Celestra whenever you agree to meet but I must state that there are some days when my duties are ... Well, let's say I am not available.

As for the interrogation methods, I would be more then happy to witness that but not on our former Admiral. He is needed for something else. But we have some Gallic Commanders which we can try on. And if needed maybe our Interrogation Team and yours can make a small exchange of methods.

Waiting forward to your message and hopefully we settle to a day and hour. Looking forward to see this relation grow between us and maybe we can offer more to eachother in the face of your new ... Adventure.

Zeta out.