Discovery Gaming Community
Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE (/showthread.php?tid=165002)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Dark Chocolate - 10-05-2018

Look at this mess... : (

This new weapon seems to OP as hell... may be the range needs to be reduced to like 600-700m... idk.. something needs to be done..
Also it looks Awful.. Look how those beams passing through the target and going on... Shouldn't the beam stop when it hits the target..? Is it supposed to penetrate and pass on like that ? It looks bad...

Atleast while getting swarmed by SNAC Bombers, it required them to take the risk and dive towards you in order to land a hit... It required the bombers to have decent amount of skills to take down a capital ship...
Look at these Corona Cancer Bombers.... There seems no way to counter them when they shooting you from that far with a beam that you cannot dodge... PLEASE Fix this...

Also... What is the logic of the "Balance Magic" Plugin ?
Can Fighters actually survive SNAC hits now ? O_O Damn.. Why ???

I mean.. It's not like I'm any expert with SNACs... And I've been killed by SNAC bombers numerous times..
But as far as I know.. It takes lot of skills and experience to be able to hit snubs with it..
People might have spent lot of time to master it..
And now suddenly....They can't one shot kill snubs anymore...
It feels like... a Bazooka can destroy a house... but if you manage to hit a person with it.. It won't kill him.. He would receive reduced damage and survive the blast from the missile ! Becoz Balance Magic O.o

So.. people can't upload those spectacular SNACMontages now I guess....
Why change something that has been awesome and loved since years..

Please revert SNACs back to their former glory...
Please Fix Corona... Or delete it if that's an option.. Bombers were already pretty damn awesome....

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Lythrilux - 10-05-2018

Days without SNAC thread: 0

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Tenacity - 10-05-2018

I saw the stats on the corona beam tonight (hadnt used one yet) and was like "wow, this thing looks amazing".

Then I bought it, and realized that it has no gimbal. It literally relies on your ship being exactly 100% pointed at the target you're trying to shoot, which makes it 100% useless against anything smaller than a transport.

I ditched it and went back to my scorcher bombs. No thank you.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - -Rax- - 10-05-2018

#AntimatterMatters

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Antonio - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 07:49 AM)Tenacity Wrote: I saw the stats on the corona beam tonight (hadnt used one yet) and was like "wow, this thing looks amazing".

Then I bought it, and realized that it has no gimbal. It literally relies on your ship being exactly 100% pointed at the target you're trying to shoot, which makes it 100% useless against anything smaller than a transport.

I ditched it and went back to my scorcher bombs. No thank you.

It does reduced damage to smaller classes. For ships smaller than a transport, use chainguns/scatterguns and mines. For caps, use it in cockpit view, it's really not hard to aim at all. Maybe if the bomber has a bad torpedo placement it requires some prediction but if the mount is central it's literally effortless. As pointed out countless times by anyone understanding the core problem of the weapon, the range is just too high for a weapon that's impossible to dodge. Bombers auto hit caps while caps can't do anything in return.

Also saying "oh yeah it's not broken against snubs so it's useless" is just ignorant when you don't look at other classes as well. It absolutely is broken against caps, which is more than enough to ask for a nerf. This isn't an AND variant but rather an OR - if it's game breaking against just 1 class, let alone 5, it needs a balance check ASAP. Besides, you said you swapped to a scorcher which is just as useless against snubs. No bomber torpedo is of any use against snubs at the moment, so it doesn't matter if you use a corona or a scorcher or a nova.

Dev team Wrote:Balancemagic damage values:
Ship Type = FFr, Trns, Gnbt, Crsr, Bcrs, Btls
Corona Beam Cannon = 750, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Kazinsal - 10-05-2018

We do not at this point intend to revert the past two months' changes to bomber balance. Nor do we intend to rewrite the whole Freelancer engine so beams don't have visual overpenetration. We can however take another look at the Corona's stats.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Durandal - 10-05-2018

0:00 - 0:25 - Explain to me how this scenario of three competent bomber pilots and a destroyer engaging a battlecruiser would be different without the Corona.
0:25 - 1:33 - Explain to me how two noob battleship pilots chasing a kiting cruiser without even making an effort to stop, reverse, and engage a pile of competent bomber pilots is a valid demonstration of anything.
1:33 - 2:12 - Explain to me why two gunships chasing down a single snubcraft without reversing or using TS/TZ to engage their pursuers expect anything other than to be engaged with impunity from behind.
2:12 - 2:45 - See first and second responses to video segments.
2:45 - 3:48 - Explain to me why the Maus expects anything other than to be skewered alive when running away and not returning fire when the best defense would be to turn in circles towards the bomber group.
3:48 - 4:56 - Lol wtf, are you kidding me? This was literally a no win scenario through numbers alone, why even bother to include it in the montage?
4:56 - 6:08 - Serious question, does the person flying actually know what turret zoom is? It's almost like gunboats are utterly hopeless against a bomber swarm without it.
6:08 - 6:40 - See response to segment 6.
6:40 - 6:59 - See response to segment 7.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - sasapinjic - 10-05-2018

I have sulution:
Give Corona to all class, all will be OP and nobody can dodge !

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Reddy - 10-05-2018

corona is fine, just the range is a bit much for a safe weapon like this

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Vexykin - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 11:28 AM)Reddy Wrote: corona is fine, just the range is a bit much for a safe weapon like this