Discovery Gaming Community
A sip of freedom - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A sip of freedom (/showthread.php?tid=165120)

Pages: 1 2

A sip of freedom - Nyctophilia - 10-14-2018

...neural.net.log.located
...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.819
Location - Unidentified
Log Author - Jane Foster

Holy Jesus. Words cannot express how I feel right now. I'm in my own ship. Outside of this wasted planet. I was counting days when I could finally get a right ammount of money to support my life outside of Liberty, in open space, without my goddamn uncle telling me what to do and how. Like... How incompetent he could be that he couldn't support his own nephew's life?! And all this talking about that I'll have a way more brighter future than he had, yeah, to hell with this! There is no future for me. Only present.
Now... About present. The Rogue gangs should still remember me, maybe they will be fond in my services as... I don't know. An information broker? Like I always was? Gonna tell them where one convoy's heading, they'll intercept it and we share the cash. Like it was before. Right. So. The last time I heard from that punk, he said that if I ever get a thought of visiting Rogues, I should fly into the badlands, but be prepared for anything. He even gave me the coordinates, 7E, told me they have a base there. Might be a good time to pay them a visit.

RE: A sip of freedom - Nyctophilia - 10-14-2018

...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.819
Location - Buffalo Base
Log Author - Jane Foster

Well, it went better than I anticipated. I reached Buffalo without no Navy pilots seeing me on my way there and with no problems in the Badland;, no Rogues saw me as a potential threat. There are rumors of multiple ships vanishing without a trace in Badlands, but I can't find it relevant. This nebula is more secure than the entire freaking New York.
Luckily for me, Marcos, the guy who gave me the coordinates, was on a station by the time I arrived. We had a nice chat, he said that he was a good friend of my uncle, which I actually am aware of, and he was sometimes helping us in really dire situations. Never anticipated to see such a good person amongst a bunch of thugs. We made a deal - I monitor all the incoming traffic in New York, while Marcos's gang intercepts the convoys. Depending on the result, we share the cash. That way, lawfuls won't be even aware of me being a part of it all. I like it. We'll start tomorrow and see how it pays off.
Oh, and... He also paid attention to, I quote, "a prevailing black in my rags". Well, yes, I love dark shades. Places. Even Badlands seem more safer than whatever is outside of them. Marcos said that most of the Rogues have aliases and maybe I should pick one for myself. Something... related to darkness, I think. Will serve me better in cutting ties with my uncle. And my family in general.

RE: A sip of freedom - Nyctophilia - 10-15-2018

...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.819
Location - Buffalo Base
Log Author - Jane Foster

Today was our first raid on the traffic. Calling it a success would be an understatement. We were lucky - apart from all the casual transports passing the system, a huge DSE convoy was heading from California to Colorado, and, as always, law enforcers had better things to do rather than monitoring the traffic. Marcos was more than generous to these corporeal bastards. I anticipated Rogues to be more treacherous, but after all that I did today, they consider me as one of theirs. Survival is a key for them. If they won't be able to support each other, they will just suffocate in this pisshole.
And after a proposal to actually join the Rogue gang, I was thinking... How do casual civilians live? Are they just suffering in this hypocritic hell? Or is everyone around me a hypocrite, even Marcos? I said that I'll think about it. Staying a civilian is a perfect option for me and for the Rogues. Nobody will ever suspect me to be connected with them.

...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.819
Location - Buffalo Base
Log Author - Jane Foster

What in the actual hell?! For the last few days, we had a streak of successful raids, and then suddenly, Marcos's gang gets ambushed by the LSF ships! He said that these ships appeared out of nowhere, they haven't seen them coming on radars. They pulled away from them and reached the Badlands, but at the cost of one of their men, James. That's bad, he was actually good in combat and interception. The atmosphere is getting hotter, Marcos's gang suspects me to be a snitch. I actually don't know what to do in this situation. My intuition tells me to run, but by doing so, I will prove that I gave away the information to the LSF on Marcos's gang. Even if I didn't. But if I stay, I risk my own life. Grrh... Marcos seems to keep his trust in me after this incident, but the others... Not quite. I'll keep distance from his gang for a while. If they get ambushed by the LSF again, I'll start investigating it. Ships, appearing out of nowhere... It's not something good.

...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.819
Location - Buffalo Base
Log Author - Jane Foster

Marcos's gang was ambushed five times already for the last month. I've ran an analysis, the ambushes are inconsistent. They never happen in specific locations or in a definitive time period. What actually unites these cases is that the Rogues were always ambushed in an attempt to intercept a convoy. Is it some kind of a trick? Are the LSF agents working in cooperation with corporations to exterminate Rogues? Using civilian convoys as baits? No, there must be an another pattern in there...
Marcos said that they were always ambushed at a tradelane which connects Norfolk Shipyard and the Texas Jumpgate. My one and only guess would be that these ships were coming from the Zone-21. Gonna tell Marcos to keep hes eyes open next time he approaches the area of that minefield. Next Ageira convoy is heading to Texas and I think these LSF ships will be there.

...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.819
Location - Unidentified
Log Author - Jane Foster

Remember how I said that Rogues are not as treacherous as I thought? Forget it. Just the moment when I warned them about a possible LSF ambush and right exactly when it happened, one of Marcos's men decided to assault me, calling me a traitor. I'm done tolerating this. It's time for me to leave Liberty. At this rate, I don't even care how Marcos and his gang are gonna last. But I've got all the needs to survive for another year. Which will be enough to find an another job. Gonna fly around Sirius and find the best fitting place for me. At this rate, I can afford to be anyone anywhere. Well, maybe except for Liberty, but it's not worth a damn.

...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.820
Location - Unidentified
Log Author - N̸̫̈́y̶̘̲͂ͅc̷̩͆̏̌̚ṫ̴̹̟ó̶͓̘͈̙̒p̵͇͈̓̾h̸̠̤̝͝i̵͍̬̚l̵̙̻͉̮̀í̸͇̑a̶̧̱͑̔̇͂

It's been a while since my last record. Things went way smoother since then. I've got in touch with the Blood Dragons and we were commencing the same kind of business as I had with the Rogues. Mostly ambushing Samura convoys in Honshu and Kyushu. Sadly, they've found a replacement for me in their inner ranks, so we had to go part ways. So for now, I'm roaming around and gathering various info on Kusari Exiles for the Naval Forces and Hogosha. Not like I wanted to be a part of Kusari Civil War, put there is a certain profit in it. Maybe one day I could even afford to visit one of these luxury liners and see how does it feels to be in the elite of the society. But that's for another day. For now, I need to find a new job.

RE: A sip of freedom - Nyctophilia - 11-30-2018

...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.822
Location - Unidentified

Oh. Sweet. I had a diary.

Well. Gonna say that even more time passed since the last record,

Everything looks the same for me. Same people, same interactions. And... I'll be honest, I'm glad it stays that way. Just recently I found out that Marcos's gang was completely compramised. What I heard is that Marcos's own location is unknown, but he the last time was seen to be hauled somewhere into the Zone-21. Bad. The others ended up locked up in Sugarland. Good riddance, I say.

And... My uncle passed away yesterday. And I just received a notification about it. Certainly a nuisance, but he must have left something for me as an inheritance. As in... I'll certainly have a use for that AI my parents left for him. And maybe he left some notes for me aswell. Anyway, time to visit my "home".

...processing.decryption
Date = //.//.822
Location - Unidentified

I... I don't have any words.

I was just sitting in my Uncle's den for... I don't know how long. With nothing but tears on my face.

How? How is it possible? It doesn't matches up in my head... How could I be that ignorant? That arrogant? And I had none to express my pain, my feelings to. I was completely alone. Only myself, my Uncle's logs and the Watch.

Like... He told me everything. How to fly a ship, how to utilize the neural net. And in his logs? And as I remember myself... I was such an arrogant child. But he still loved me. He... Didn't hit me once in my life. Although... Sometimes I wish he did, huh. Maybe he was too kind for this world.

God... I... The day I left Liberty, I... I said I won't miss him. I didn't knew how wrong I was.

I'll... Attach his records about me and my family to this diary. For future's sake. There's some... Interesting details.

...processing.decryption
Date = 12.25.794
Location - Manhtattan
Log Author - Barry Foster

The happiest day of my life. I can definitely say that. The day when my niece was born. Mary and Jerard couldn't pick a name for her, so they asked me.
They are a fancy family. A curacaan and a government servant. So, I thought. Why don't go for something that rings a bell? Nathalie, for an example... Nathalie Crouse. They liked it.
Of course, their relatives organized a huge party in honor of Nathalie's birth and... Naturaly, nobody wanted to see me there. Yeah, that was anticlimatic. Mary had to apologize for their behaviour afterwards. But she said that I'll be allowed to see little Nathalie afterall. If there won't be any grannies around, that is. And I definitely won't like to see them, no sir.
Well... Considering, which kind of parents the girl has. She has a great future. Better than I had, that is.