Discovery Gaming Community
To: SCEC HQ || From: Colleagues - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: SCEC HQ || From: Colleagues (/showthread.php?tid=165126)

To: SCEC HQ || From: Colleagues - Gardarik - 10-10-2018

Transmission received

Date: 11th October, 825 A.S.

[Image: dFesb4p.png]
To: S.C.E.C HQ
Encryption: <Heuristic Encryption Protocol V.02>
Subject: Condolences

...transmission established

...loading authorized data

...rolling feed

Dear comrades,

Allow me first to introduce myself. I am Andrei Kasatkin, Academic of the Federal Academy of Sciences. I hereby express my deepest condolences to comrade Mstislav Belov and SCEC personnel as to their loss. I sincerely hope that our medicine will alleviate and eventually put comrade Belov back in operational shape. He is an old friend and a talented student of mine and I wish I could helped him in the time of need.

Aside from being a civil scientist and professor, I also chair Agency 72. To my regret, I cannot tell you more of our division at the time due to confidentiality except for the fact that we deal with the AI research and directly under the supervision of HCSTA. We have been watching SCEC's progress since its inception and are pleased at its contribution to both People's science and our own research. If the conditions allow, possibly we can have a joint operation.

I would also like to bring to your attention the fact that the research we are dealing with can possibly... help comrade Belov to "recover" so to say. He can lose his "humanity" in the process so I defer this option to your authority, and the decision of his family. In any case, I wish him the soonest recovery.

Mutata ipsi pro futuris

Andrei Kasatkin

[Image: zXNF32M.png]
End of the Transmission

RE: To: SCEC HQ || From: Colleagues - SCEC - 10-10-2018

[Image: YERiZNG.png]

This is an automated message from the H.C.S.T.A. Your transmission has been received. Commissar, Alexey Novikov will be here with the recipient, shortly.

RE: To: SCEC HQ || From: Colleagues - High Commissar Novikov - 10-10-2018

[Image: SieN1Jt.png]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
RECIPIENT: Andrei Kasatkin.
SOURCE: Mykolaiv Research Station, Omega 52.
SUBJECT: -- --

...encryption code authorized
...loading data

Zravstvuyte, esteemed comrade.

Novikov here. It really is saddening that one of our major research scientist had to experience something like this, he never deserved it, none of us do, but we just can not steer the reality. It is harsh, sometimes it is marvelous, but should we stop working from our side? Never. And even at this state, I do not think Belov wants this. Seeing the man I respect, lying like that, similar to being dead, hurts all of us and thank you for your concern, duly appreciated.

Now, your words do sound compelling. If anything that might bring Belov, back to his operational state, I would personally invest into that. Whatever the price is. Loosing his "humanity" can mean a lot of things, which I am generally confused about, rather than being skeptical, but I am hoping to know more about it. I am sure a meeting can be held, and I, as well the secretariats, know more and shedding some light, onto this subject can be commenced. About joint projects, if it benefits, in generally the Corps, and the republic, I personally will consider.

For now, serve the best as you can, for the betterment of the Coalition.
[Image: gvuwB4Y.png]
HCSTA A.Novikov,
С Уважением,
Для Родины.
Attachments:
[x] [x] [x]

END OF THE COMMUNICATION

RE: To: SCEC HQ || From: Colleagues - Gardarik - 10-13-2018

Transmission received

Date: 12th October, 825 A.S.

To: S.C.E.C HQ
Subject: Mstislav Belov augmentation

...rolling feed

Dear comrade Novikov,

It has been long time since when in your jurisdiction. I hope you are doing well. It seems that in the absence of comrade Belov you are supervising SCEC directly. I assume it would be adequate to address you on this matter.

I will avoid getting into details of what we actually did as until the technology is refined it cannot be disclosed even to such superior officers as yourself. To be brief, comrade Belov sustained numerous injuries to his brain, that eventually led to necrosis of peripheral neural system. To get him back in shape, we had to use genetic editting to establish and stimulate production of modified enzymes and proteins for partial regeneration and integration of the lost parts of neural system. However, not everything can be regenerated. Thus, we turned to our profile - cybernetics - and compensated organics with machinery. The proteins mentioned before were also designed to facilitate acceptance of non-organic components by comrade Belov's body.

Used augmentations:
Aside from given augmentations we installed a respiratory alleviation system due to the collapse of comrade Belov's trachea after the incident.

I must admit, that using my position I insisted on carrying out additional tests and experiments. To our surprise, while toying with neuroamplifier augmentation connected to comrade Belov's brain that was meant to stimulate his brain parts that succumbed to necrosis after exposure to extra low temperature and limited access to Oxygen, we detected anomalous brain activity. With the neuroamplifier, we managed to make the anomalous brain waves coherent. Previously, we have seen such brain activity only twice in terms of "Volhv" project that you are absolutely oblivious about, which is for the better. To say it short... comrade Belov possesses "psyonic" abilities. By no means he is a sorcerer, our people are beyond those superstitions, but we believe now he is capable of telepathicaly convey his thoughts and emotions, alike the effect of "nomads" communication. It is still necessary to confirm this with some tests and it goes without saying that Doctor Belov will require time to recuperate to get back in shape. In the meantime, we will be working with him to explore the limits of his new "abilities" as we did with other subjects in terms of "Volhv" project. A truly marvelous day for our science!

This being said, I believe that he can return to his duties to SCEC within a few days or weeks. It is unclear whether he will so desire, as his new abilities might benefit our Nation elsewhere.

Until then, I remain
Andrei Kasatkin

Mutata ipsi pro futuris

End of the Transmission

RE: To: SCEC HQ || From: Colleagues - High Commissar Novikov - 10-13-2018

[Image: bfCqLNS.png]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
RECIPIENT: Academic Andrei Kasatkin
SOURCE: Mykolaiv Research Station, Omega 52.
SUBJECT: Belov's Augmentation.

...encryption code authorized
...loading data

Zravstvuyte.

Glad to hear back from you. And yes, after Belov was sent to highly supervised medication, I am chairing the Expeditionary Corps and it's internal and external affairs. After knowing the reports about Belov, after his accident in the facility, it was sure to me that he would not even make it alive. It surely is surprising how he is not dead, yet not one, but majority of his organs are either dead or functioning, slightly. Organically, I myself knew that he would not stay alive, after that treacherous incident.

The confusions are long gone, and after seeing the files you have attached, it slightly felt good that Belov would stay alive, even with augmented organs and whatnot. It looks compelling so far. And, under my supervision, Belov would not be returning sooner. He still has to rest and recover from all what happened to him, for the past two weeks. Worry not, there surely be a place for him, to work without any worries, in our glorious Nation. Belov will forever have a lot of potential, even after his death. Another subject I want to mention, I am intrigued about all the things you have done for our comrade. Also to mention the telepathic ability, I personally will be overseeing about this. It might be a step ahead in our research, marvelous at it's height, amazing works comrade Kasatkin. And yeah, I will think about a joint expedition since you have not only shown the work of a true scientist, but helped a man's life from being a living hell.

Work without any remorse, science surely has no boundaries my comrade. Dosvidanya.
[Image: gvuwB4Y.png]
HCSTA A.Novikov,
С Уважением,
Для Родины.
Attachments:
[x] [x] [x]

END OF THE COMMUNICATION

RE: To: SCEC HQ || From: Colleagues - Gardarik - 10-16-2018

Transmission received

Date: 16th October, 825 A.S.

To: HC Alexei Novikov
Subject:Sharing information

...rolling feed

Comrade Novikov,

I hope that your administrative duties of being a High Commissar are not impeded by overseeing SCEC. The progress with Doctor Belov is going steady. He already can walk on his own, the intake of nutrients was stabilised by the organism, and the implants were overall well accepted by the organism. The production of WBC is within acceptable limit and is steadily decreasing to the norm. Hormonal regulation and synthetic emission of bioinhibitors is working well. I would say that within a week or two he can deal with administrative job and even piloting a ship. However, he is better to avoid stresses and anything that can destabilise the hormonal balance as this can lead to rejection of non-organic parts in his body. He is also better to avoid physical exercises and, obviously, combat.

As for his psionic abilities - we detected a limited ability for telekinesis. At the moment still uncontrolled, small objects like spoons were lifted a few milimetres off the ground. We are still running tests but it seems that a limited dosage of cardamine, especially liquid one, can enhance the process. It is possible that the abilities will grow stronger in the future.

The second reason why I address you today is to share mapping information. In a casual talk with Doctor Belov I learnt of your previous endeavours in deep Omicrons and their mapping. I must admit, we mapped those systems before yet never shared the information due to secrecy. We dispatched our research vessel "Perun" to inquire and collect any kind of information. Mapping was carried successfully and the vessel managed to scout significant share of systems referred to by the Order as Omicron Iota and Omicron Major. The vessel managed to stay relatively undetected and collect data from the probes. Herein I will send the footage with comments.

I hope that the data provided will facilitate your research endeavours and further expeditions. As noted in a comment, the Agency is interested in the AI installation in Omicron Lost and would appreciate assistance in its research.

This said, I bid you good day.

Andrei Kasatkin

Mutata ipsi pro futuris

End of the Transmission