Discovery Gaming Community
Faction Idea - Shayō Defence Corporation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Faction Idea - Shayō Defence Corporation (/showthread.php?tid=165222)

Faction Idea - Shayō Defence Corporation - Capt. Henry Morgan - 10-15-2018

I've been tossing around an idea for a Kusari secondary fleet for a while that's focused specifically on matters in the Tau region instead of fighting Rheinland. I didn't want a repeat of Liberty's 7,286 carbon copy LN factions, so I thought about going in a different direction with it, and I hit on a PMC operating under government contract. Not glorified bounty hunters, actual military work, filling in for the KNF in western Kusari until the war with Rheinland is resolved.

I've tossed this out there in a couple Discord chats I'm in, and reactions have been a bit mixed. Some good, some bad. I think I've got a good idea here, though, or at least the start of one. I thought I'd put it out here for comments and suggestions, and perhaps gauge interest a bit, before actually pulling the trigger and doing this.

So without further ado....

[Image: GdFDdKV.png]

Shayō Defence Corporation

[Image: Pw35ISB.png]

KNF ID/IFF
SDC|rank.first.last (fighters, freighters)
SDC|shipname (transports, gunboats)

[Image: XlyJlh1.png]

The Shayō (Setting Sun) Defence Corporation was founded in 821 as an independent security contractor by veterans of the Tau War to provide professional-quality security services to Kusari’s civilian corporations. With the chaos of the loss of the Tau War to Gallia and the subsequent civil war, Shayō found no shortage of available work and soon gained a reputation for professionalism. Despite this reputation for professionalism, however, persistent rumors of corruption have followed the company since its founding.

As SDC become better known in the Kusari security community, it soon attracted the interest of both keiretsu. A small subsidiary of Kishiro purchased SDC to provide security for their ships and facilities. With the backing of one of Kusari’s most powerful corporations, Shayō began to attract more lucrative contracts.

Since the beginning of the war with Rheinland, the KNF has been forced to redirect its forces east, leaving the Tau border region comparatively undefended. Instead of allowing enemies such as the Blood Dragons or the Outcasts to threaten Kusari interests unchecked, the Kusari Government has contracted the Shayō Defence Corporation to bolster KNF forces in the region. For this mission, Shayō has been permitted to operate under the KNF banner, and will answer to the main fleet as required.

[Image: 8ABo2vg.png]

SDC follows Kusari lawful diplomacy as per the KNF ID, though this might evolve over time as RP develops. Shayō’s primary mission is to secure western Kusari and the Tau region against Kusari’s enemies, though they can participate in other operations as ordered by Kusari government forces.

Primary Operations Area
Kyushu
Tottori
Nagano
Tau-29
Tau-23
Tau-53

Secondary Operations Area
SDC may operate anywhere in the standard KNF ZoI at the request of Kusari government forces.

[Image: PvdOEVq.png]

Colonel (issa)
SDC|Col.first.last
Shayō’s leading officer has always held the rank of Colonel. There is only one Colonel at any given time.

Major (sansa)
SDC|Maj.first.last
Majors serve as the eyes and ears of the Colonel, and together with the Colonel serve as Shayō’s high command.

Captain (ichi-i)
SDC|Cpt.first.last
A Captain is a capable pilot and leader who has proven themselves worthy of increased pay and responsibilities. Captain is the highest rank that can be reached by Shayō’s rank-and-file

First Lieutenant (ni-i)
SDC|Lt.first.last
A First Lieutenant has successfully completed their training period and has proven themselves worthy to fly for Shayō.

Second Lieutenant (san-i)
SDC|Lt.first.last
A Second Lieutenant is a newly hired employee who has yet to complete their initial evaluation.

[Image: zOXFPSp.png]

Because Kusari has not entirely recovered from its previous wars and is currently engaged in a war with Rheinland, KNF ships are not available for use by SDC. Instead, SDC will use common civilian, Renzu, and surplus Exile ships left over from the recent civil war.

Light Fighters
J3P 5S "Hayabusa" Civilian Scout Fighter
J7P - 34(E) "Neko" Imperial Kusari Light Fighter

Heavy Fighters
Renzu Corp "Saishi" Civilian Heavy Fighter
J17P - 95P(E) "Tora" Imperial Kusari Heavy Fighter

Very Heavy Fighters
Renzu Corp "Sutinga" Civilian Very Heavy Fighter

Super Heavy Fighters
E78-12 "Spatial" Civilian Deep Space Explorer

Bombers
Renzu Corp "Touketsu" Bomber
J50P - B3(e) "Kaibyo" Imperial Kusari Bomber

Freighters
J20P - 21F "Drone" Kusari Freighter
Renzu Corp "Anki" Civilian Freighter

Transports
K60J90P - 54HT "Big Dragon" Kusari Transport
P - 27T "Bumblebee" Kusari Transport

Gunboats
T-833-GB "Ahoudori" Kusari Explorer
CTE-12400 "Condor" Civilian Gunboat

RE: Faction Idea - Shayō Defence Corporation - Sombs - 10-15-2018

Looks like what Sean did with his Samura PMC. It also looks like you won't get much activity. I would love to see any active Kusari faction apart from Aoi, but the only chance for activity would be in Sigma-21 right now, and I'm not sure if you would want that kind of activity. I don't see anything worthwhile for possible supporters of that faction to log for in your ZoI. The only interesting faction remotely close to that region in general would be NO- and you probably can't multibox well enough to RP with yourself on two different factions ingame.

RE: Faction Idea - Shayō Defence Corporation - Capt. Henry Morgan - 10-15-2018

Activity is a fair point, but I was hoping to drive some activity to the region. As to NO, it's not like I'm the only one flying for them, so I could still get some RP done with them. In any case, if there's not a lot of interest in this idea, there's no sense in going forward anyway.