Discovery Gaming Community
To: The National Council of Malta. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The National Council of Malta. (/showthread.php?tid=165348)

Pages: 1 2

To: The National Council of Malta. - Felicity Willing - 10-20-2018

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Felicity.Willing.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 128b.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10.png][Image: 20.png][Image: 30.png][Image: 43.png]

Good evening, esteemed Dons of the National Council,

with utter anxiety we are observing the development of events around Malta; we have already withdrawn our most high ranking diplomats in case civil war breaks out, yet we hope that this turn of events will be avoided.

However, today we are contacting you on a rather sensitive matter.
You probably should know the name of Charlotte DeFrance and The Calliope a Lucullus-class Liner that was lost a few months ago, and, apparently, brought to the Outcast space without their prior consent.
Now, we happen to be interest in their current place of stay and well-being.
I have a full understanding that any information has a price, and that such a sensitive information might be especially valuable even when exchanged between the old allies, neither we are asking you to act like a good samaritan.
Speak your mind, and unless your request is utterly ridiculous - i am sure i will be able to grant you your desire.
I am waiting patiently for your response.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Felicity Willing - 10-23-2018

...uploading.data...

Your silence is concerning, i would still like to hear a response in regards to this sensitive matter.
As soon as possible.

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Foxglove - 10-23-2018

[Image: dFYLGGb.png]

Signora, you should give an old man the time he requires. Where I am from, that is called respecting your elders.

Speaking of civil war, the Council sees the possibility for that as low. Even if it were to break out, the Council has time and time again proven its persistence. You could say we are here to stay.

Now for the actual heart of your request: It was not easy to dig up anything about the names you mentioned. We have fleeting mentions of a Gallic Luxury Liner in the old records of the Corsica Intelligence Division, a now largely domestically operating force that is concerning themselves with matters of internal security rather than outside one — that job has been largely delegated to the military forces.

While the papers neither mentioned the name of the Gallic Luxury Liner, nor any inhabitants by name, it it stated that approximately two-hundred people were captured alongside the liner. The people were brought to Malta to work in the Cardamine fields while the Luxury Liner now resides in custody of the CID. Sadly, Malta has a habit of not keeping track of who comes and goes on the space ports. However, a Gallic Luxury Liner unloading a bunch of workers is something that spreads by word of mouth and so I was able to entreat certain people into telling my men that they had seen uniforms of the CID at the scene. That is insofar unusual as taking care of captured combatants usually is handled by the military or the private families in whose possession the prisoners are in. Whether the name of that ship was Calliope, I could not ascertain, however. Since it was the only ship matching your described type, if the ship was in Maltese possession, it would be this one. It evidently departed Malta at some point, as I cannot find it anymore.

This is where my knowledge ends, however. The CID reported on the incident as a medium priority one, since they managed to capture a valuable vessel and a sizeable amount of people. However, if they did apprehend a Gallic princess, this was not mentioned. They are either not in possession of the VIP, or they deliberately omitted that fact. I am tending towards the first myself. What makes you so sure the princess was aboard this vessel, Signora? What do you have? And if you, in fact, speak truth, we might be looking at the possibility that the princess has been sold to a plantation owner within the fold of the National Council.

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Felicity Willing - 10-26-2018

...uploading.data...

It is relieving to hear that The Council has it under control out there, even despite the recent claims from The Order.
We both know they have always been a bit paranoid about seeing the nomad incrusion anywhere they step, but their claims also rarely happened to be baseless.
Code:
[24.10.2018 19:34:33] Order|CV-Ennead: Maltese have decided to be on Nomads side, so let them be.
As for the our business.... I am grateful for your will to cooperate even on such a sensitive matter. I don't feel like i am in position to ask you to investigate further, as you have already been of great assistance to the cause. This, at least, will move the investigation from the dead point.

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Foxglove - 10-26-2018

[Image: dFYLGGb.png]

I am glad the information I provided was of some service to you. However, I would need to ask that you keep the Council informed about any developments that might be uncovered by you or the Lane Hackers in general regarding this matter. If there truly is a Gallic princess on Malta, that might be the political bargaining tool we needed. On a sidenote, the Calliope was found. The CID has taken it to their base of operations and have so far had little luck with breaking the ship's extensive security barriers around its data core.

[Image: utRRVQQ.png]

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Foxglove - 11-02-2018

[Image: anzUAwD.png]

Young lady, I don't believe we are quite done yet.

You still haven't told me what exactly sparked this inquiry. I want you to tell me what you have. Maybe in turn, I will allow you access to the Calliope, too.

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Felicity Willing - 11-04-2018

...uploading.data...

You do understand that the disappearance of such people can not go unnoticed.
You do understand that whoever have noticed their disappearance - will be looking after them.
You do understand that whoever is looking after something - will turn over to someone exceptional at looking for information of any sort.
The people who are looking for her have turned over to us for assistance, all the tracks have led to Malta.
You do as well understand who could be looking for this particular liner and it's special passenger, and why he could be brave enough to turn over to us for assistance.

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Foxglove - 11-04-2018

[Image: 3HPkrac.png]

Is that so, Signora?

Let them speak to us here.

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Foxglove - 11-08-2018

[Image: E6ek0wx.png]

Usually, you find it less difficult to find words. Is something the matter? I would like a name, signora.

RE: To: The National Council of Malta. - Felicity Willing - 11-11-2018

...uploading.data...

It was them who chosen this way of addressing this matter, not us. Nor we have forced them to do so.
Thus - i am rather certain it is perfectly fine if we uphold their trust, and not get them involved.
We, Lane Hackers, do always uphold our word.
And it seems like you want to try and let your promise slip from my attention. I have told you what you wanted to hear.
Now - i want the access to Calliope.