Discovery Gaming Community
Sci-Data Availability - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Sci-Data Availability (/showthread.php?tid=165475)

Pages: 1 2

Sci-Data Availability - Kalhmera - 10-28-2018

Hey guys,

So look I take no pleasure in writing rants but I need to get this out here. I have not been able to take part in events due to the fact that those events are done at times that the Europeans are awake and that's not a bad thing but its unfortunate that events are not done for us Americans. I heard of an event today and it started at 5 AM my time and obviously i was not awake to participate.

Now your wondering why am I am writing all this... Well the issue is I cant get sci data, there is nothing I can do in game to get it and the top people on this server with thousands of sci data dont want to sell. So I literally have to nag and try to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get sci data and I literally cant get anymore. I am asking the Admin/dev team to come together to either have events for the American players on here or have a system that people can get sci data.

RE: Sci-Data Availability - Tenacity - 10-28-2018

I have an idea, just put Sci data on my ships that people can take when they kill me. They'll get sci data, and maybe i'll get better at pvp.

RE: Sci-Data Availability - Karlotta - 10-28-2018

Or even better, scrap the scidata concept entirely because it's grossly unfair in favor of people who play at the same time as the people creating scidata events, and who are informed of the mechanics, time, and location beforehand.

Instead, sell the "rewards" for credits at a base in /conn, make fun and bragging rights the motivator for participating in events, and hold them at peak times when they don't suck activity out of normal gameplay during the only times when the server isn't effectively dead already.

RE: Sci-Data Availability - Tenacity - 10-28-2018

I do find it a bit odd that to get 'science data', you have to participate in 'combat events' - which quite often become 'pvp events' , where the ships that most 'scientists/researchers' tend to fly are absolutely useless.

Sci data should've been something obtained from exploration, not combat.

RE: Sci-Data Availability - SnakThree - 10-28-2018

Repeating myself once more with hopes staff will notice:

Sci Data should be obtainable from staff-owned POB (aka Midnight Runner) at premium price (50% more that street value), that would work as money sink.

RE: Sci-Data Availability - Lucas - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 07:43 AM)SnakThree Wrote: Repeating myself once more with hopes staff will notice:

Sci Data should be obtainable from staff-owned POB (aka Midnight Runner) at premium price (50% more that street value), that would work as money sink.
+1
I think this is how it used to be back when the runner was a thing. At least I do remember being able to buy it for 6million when the normal market price was somewhere around 3-4mil.

If you think the times when those events are being held is unfair, then click on me and change it yourself. It's understandable that those events are held on EU times mostly, as there are literally twice the amount of players online at that time, or am I completely wrong here?

RE: Sci-Data Availability - Sombs - 10-28-2018

Returning the Midnight Runner would be the easiest solution. People can aim for something when they trade.

RE: Sci-Data Availability - diamond1 - 10-28-2018

Considering they're looking for people to host events, it should provide a more flexible chance for everyone to gain rewards out of the events in many different timezones. I can see what you mean, since most of the events are either 3-5 am in the morning which makes them impossible to reach for in most scenarios.

I said this once before when i was chatting with somebody, that placing random bases in jumpdrive-only accessable areas, By random chance - should have some data as a reward. This could spike a demand for the jump drives, Increase exploration, and it would also mean that if someone lands in an area they're not supposed to, it could provide interesting roleplay.

RE: Sci-Data Availability - Antonio - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 07:16 AM)Tenacity Wrote: I do find it a bit odd that to get 'science data', you have to participate in 'combat events' - which quite often become 'pvp events' , where the ships that most 'scientists/researchers' tend to fly are absolutely useless.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=150964

RE: Sci-Data Availability - Kalhmera - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 09:39 AM)Antonio Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 07:16 AM)Tenacity Wrote: I do find it a bit odd that to get 'science data', you have to participate in 'combat events' - which quite often become 'pvp events' , where the ships that most 'scientists/researchers' tend to fly are absolutely useless.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=150964

those have not been re-stocked or moved and re-stocked in sometime sir.