Discovery Gaming Community
Game of Spies - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Game of Spies (/showthread.php?tid=165501)

Game of Spies - Wesker - 10-28-2018

[Image: eD85CMh.jpg?1]
Viernheim -> Lab S-47 Planet Tangier, Muspelheim (//Omega-47)
010/28/818 AS, 20:45

They've arrived within the perimeter Direktor. The voice of an officer over a private comm was heard through a device over Markward's right ear.

The dark, powerful, vile, freezing winds of Tangier's nightfall howled through the air as Direktor Markward and dozens of guard personnel stood within the Hangar bay awaiting the arrival of Admiral Golanski. Markward's new positions gave him several benefits, but all of those came with even more strings attached, with his new position, he knew well more than most about the Generalmajor - and his wit began to draw in suspicion.

Still, the task at hand was clear mostly to him, though he knew Heinrich would take over for the bulk of the conversation when necessary. To the rest of the SOA personnel that were aware of the events unfolding, it was all but a finalized peace agreement. Anyone could draw up suspicion of course, but none would go about to question the officers within the SOA, that kind of loyalty was ensured - which was the main reason for the meeting occurring on Tangier and not elsewhere.

As Markward -and everyone else in the room- stood ever so still, the sound of another voice over his private comms signaled the movement forward of two guards in particular.

His shuttle will depart soon, be ready.

As the two moved in place at his side, everyone else in the room assumed either their respective positions in the hangar bay or a collective formation along with the rest of the non-essential personnel. A demonstration of formality, nothing more, the Hessians had adopted it to an extreme for the sake of a clean and somewhat intimidating aesthetic.

RE: Game of Spies - Omicron - 11-17-2018

Admiral observed the planet increasing in size as they cruised closer. Tangier was much like he remembered, a place that even The Order would pass up as inhospitable nightmare unfit for colonization. The dying, ancient suns and stellar remnants Omegas were devoid of terran-like planets with sole exception of an anomaly of Gran Canaria located on the other side of colossal Barrier nebula. Heinrich was not in position to pick.

“De-cloak as soon as we enter the designated orbital spot. Hail the Viernheim. You've got the helm from now on, Captain.”

Admiral’s last command to ship’s commanding officer were brief. Spectre, a Recon Cruiser dating 818 A.S. was his first real command in The Order and he never lost the sentiment to his former warship. He made his way towards cramped shuttle hangar knowing he could delay no longer.

“This is OCV Spectre, Overwatch vessel on diplomatic mission to Tangier. We are transmitting our IFF codes on laser link. Requesting permission to enter your perimeter…”

Shuttle powered up shields and descended as directed towards the orbital elevator. Volcanic activity made majority of the surface unstable at best but the Hessian facility they were directed towards was located in thicker crust of the major ‘continent’ far away from fault lines that make rest of the planet so treacherous to tread. Launch pad activated the anti gravitic harness locking the vessel motionless just above the platform. The hangar’s doors swallowed entirety of hull as ventilation now struggled to balance out the vastly inadequate atmosphere of Tangier. The crew disembarked, Admiral Golanski, two of what Hessians could assume could be his bodyguards in matching Order battlesuits as well as a pilot. Golanski came forward, deducting oxygen levels are coming on to standards they were accustomed to and motioned to the rest that they do not need the masks.

The Hessian defilade greeting them reminded him of some of The Order’s own protocols and antics. At least the Anna’s elite strived to aspire towards highest military culture and standards as The Order maintaining their own little theatre to preserve their former roots. He played along, only glad to be part of it and obliged the highest ranking Hessian commander on sight with a proper salute out of respect. “Admiral Michal Golanski, The Order Overwatch.”

RE: Game of Spies - Wesker - 11-18-2018

Lab S-47 Planet Tangier, Muspelheim (//Omega-47)
010/28/818 AS, 21:00

Direktor Lief Markward. Responded Markward, Golanski seemed to be what they had anticipated, much like the officials within the Armee he took no chance at security and outlined himself with his own set of guards. The salutations went as quickly as they came, after waiting for Golanski to take in the display around him - Makrward quickly spoke up to move on to business.

The Armee expresses it's gratitude for your arrival on such short notice. Right this way, we're just a short walk from the meeting area. The group of six began to walk towards the other end of the hangar between the two sets of large ranks of S.O.A personnel. Upon reaching the end of either rank the Direktor turned slightly, eyeing the Admiral for a question.

If you would Admiral, I and the Generalmajor would like to inquire your stance with the Union - assuming there is one. We understand they've very different cells accross Rheinland, but seem to answer to one body at the moment. As we begin it would be important for us to know exactly where you stand. As Markward finished the group approached the end of the hangar which lead to a short hallway connecting to a large elevator. As the door opened, Markward had his posture tilted a bit, waiting for a response.

RE: Game of Spies - Omicron - 11-19-2018

“The Unioners?” Golanski walked past him into the elevator, not surprised that the first topic they would press him on was that of the affair of the Alster Union. He remained calm and his face did not betray any emotions.

“It is impossible to maintain healthy bilateral relations with the Alster Union in the long term, Director. I can trust an Unioner only as far I have them at a gunpoint. There was a contact for a time. Subsequently it was tossed into void when Bundschuh party became too juicy of a target for these pirates.”

He waited for the industrial elevator to start moving, looking at how sturdy it could be to carry many tonnes of unprocessed ore or even starfighters to a hidden underground hangar with ease.

“In ‘PEACE’, they are united under one idealistic banner of revolution.” He stressed out the word, not hiding there was little behind that term. “When one presses them to face responsibilities for their acts, their so called Union allegedly disintegrates followed by claims that you cannot judge them all with the same measure. Every Alster cell for itself.”

“Not so long time ago, Director Corin Frei had plead for peace with The Order. Director claimed higher causes like driving Nomad forces out of Rheinland and cited events of the war twenty five years ago. The strategically conscious majority of our forces were cautious and refused to enter in cohorts with the Unioners as official Overwatch stance dictates. There are always black sheep however, we can talk about them later”

RE: Game of Spies - Wesker - 11-19-2018

010/28/818 AS, 21:05

Hmm, both fortunate and unfortunate. Markward said as the doors opened to reveal a medium-sized lounge-like setting in front of them. A table in the middle with circular couches surrounding it. Immediately upon exit Markward and the rest of the group walked forward, taking a seat quickly and offering the Admiral a seat in the process he spoke up - turning to one of the guards walking towards the other side of the table. What do you think?

I think there's still something in line. A vile female Bretonian accent came about from the guard walking towards the other end. Upon finishing the sentence she took off her helmet and put down the weapon in her arm. Upon turning everyone else in the room reached the obvious conclusion it was the Generalmajor.

Excuse the secrecy Admiral, I simply prefer to remain more anonymous ever since I was killed.

There are a few more topics I want to quickly brush over, then I believe we begin to expand upon why you're here.

What is your take on this war north of us, in the Sigma systems?

RE: Game of Spies - Omicron - 11-19-2018

“War is sometimes the only option.” He answered to the remark and seated himself comfortably. The only female in the heavily suited up outfit, Anna Heinrich… easy but efficient cover up. “No offense taken, Anna.” Admiral opted to call her by the first name. “I recognize quality of non-existing to those not privileged to know your whereabouts.”

The Sigma war had caused him inconveniences. Hessians knew little if any of that as his stakes in the region were more in depth than most. Saigon was more of a curse than promised land.

“I believe Rheinland government is compromised. Not in a sense of infestation but I am less sure about Rheinland Miltiary and even less about its cancerous outgrow we call BDM. The Order disproven Rheinland allegations against GMG in wake of Fulda incident and posted the proof for everyone in Sirius to see. A known Nomad agent filling seat of Core Guildmistress - who would had thought - declared war on GMG soon after. Rheinstag felt under siege due to threat of Guild’s battleship, name of which never figured on their roster. It did not stopped there.. They were more than ecstatic to execute every civilian in Sigma 21 causing their own ally to turn against them.”

He leaned back on the chair.

“It is at the very least intriguing, don't you think? The Order opposes this unlawful aggression and will stand for GMG’s independence. I would like to hear what you too have to say about the war in full detail. I believe it leaves a lot of critical locations... undermanned.”

RE: Game of Spies - Wesker - 11-25-2018

010/28/818 AS, 21:05

The Bundestag's idiocy is something I feed off of... we feed off of. They're determined to repeat history and I more than hope that they do so. Considering the lifetime of the Munich system, they'll soon find this war is a lifeline more than a border skirmish, and if they loose - they would have lost more public approval than ever. Mix that with their capitalist dependent polices and millions will be pushed into the arms of the Volkservolution. So with that in mind, you already know my opinion, and I'm pleased your stance falls in parallel.

As far as the Bundestag's advances in the north and more importantly their commitments, I'd guess Dresden will be empty of Federal presence before my next visit. If the Bundestag abandons the system completely, we'll have more than enough leverage to commit to other fronts.

Pausing for a moment, she thought if it would be better to inquire more from the Admiral, or just move on.

What has me more interested is what's to come of Rheinland's trade policies, EFL and IDF transports have been moving in droves to the Frankfurt system. If Rheinland sells itself to Gallia in return for resources, we may be able quickly find ourselves in control of much more than a single system.

Is the Federal Government's hatred for you mirrored in all the other houses? Or have there been exceptions?

RE: Game of Spies - Omicron - 12-11-2018

“...Consider it universal.” He himself was man of no nation and The Order answered to no government preferring the path of exile. It was hard to comprehend by his allies and foes alike. There was a note of rather complicated emotions about this statement. It was not hatred but negative nonetheless. His few aides did not protested even despite most of them having stronger roots in the Colonies. Nodding to his statement solmeny, they were in it together.

“It is only natural that The Order reciprocates their every trespass, any and all aggressions against Order operatives within their jurisdiction and beyond in kind. We do not tolerate the Great Houses activity in our turf, for this purpose widely interpreted as entirety of the border and edge worlds beyond conformity of their gates and lanes. No offense intended to current span of Hessian territorial possessions, naturally but as you already know, our reach extends far beyond borders of our home systems.”

After a round of being questioned, he sought to gain the initiative. There were concerns that interested him both personally and for strategic benefit of The Order in knowing full extend of dispositions in regions remote to bulk of his fleet. The recent developments in Sirius nagged him for long, put him out of the comfort zone. He needed answers as well.

“Naturally I have questions of diplomatic nature as well. Your stance on House of Bretonia, Kusari… Would help us establish a picture of what common goals we can aspire towards together. In particular, Bretonian expansion does not appear to be halted by the Gallic advance. If anything, it seems only to accelerate their exodus into neighbouring border worlds. Where their citizens settle, navy follows shortly after. I believe this directly affects the Red Hessians.”