Discovery Gaming Community
To: Eliza Valdez - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Eliza Valdez (/showthread.php?tid=165506)

To: Eliza Valdez - Wesker - 10-29-2018

[Image: cFokERB.png]

COMM-ID: Ezio Aquila
Subject: Legion Stuff
Priority: High

Eliza,

Flying the banner has been quite fun, my daughter is interested in joining - likely more interested in meeting you but that's a topic for another time. Figured I'd mention that while I'm on the line.

I didn't tell you earlier when I first reached out to you, but that "episode of nostalgia" I mentioned was me working out of state. More specifically, working for the Bretonians.

Our issue with the Oracles and others within Malta has me thinking, gathering more people in "our" corner as opposed to the collective might be helpful when National Council eventually is forced to completely take a side. Between us and the Nomads, I know they they were on our side in regards to that little skirmish outside Malta this past week, but the larger picture of this issue still leaves me with doubts - they failed us before they might do it again.

I'm going to reach out to some of my contractors in the SIS, I was pretty much just hired to kill people on their shitlist - Gallics and what not. Asking them to help us would be, well, helpful. Maybe as that continues we could ask them for some help with the Oracle issue. They might know something we don't, and that could help us discredit them.

I'm telling you this because I think it might be a good idea for you to reach out to anyone you might know. The recent formal recognition of neutrality between us and the Rheinlanders might leave you with an avenue on that end. Maybe the Buro will listen. Just an idea, if anything turns up let me know.

PS: I know I shot one of them, but still.

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Ezio Aquila.

Attachments: None

RE: To: Eliza Valdez - Backo - 10-30-2018

[Image: 9cumj2P.png]

COMM-ID: Eliza Valdez
Subject: Re: Legion Stuff

Dear Ezio,

I hope your daughter is doing well in the Amalfi, she seems like a smart girl. Though if having her in the legion is fine by you I would gladly welcome her in our ranks, should she really desire to join us. Though I would hope that her desire to simply meet me would not be the driving force to that.

It's good to hear that you've gotten in touch with the Bretonian Intelligence Services, I've personally kept an on and off contact with a Bretonian Commodore by the name of Kaze Reidman. She has been fairly receptive to our ideas and was willing to work together towards mutually beneficial goals. Though being on the military side of things she wasn't exactly a person to seek for tasks such as dealing with the alien worshiping fanatics, in fact she was rather clueless about them and had queried me about them once. Either way, more contacts within Bretonia could always be a good thing.

As for the National Council, they have indeed been seeing eye to eye with me on the recent subjects that we discussed, but so far they seem to be more about words than actual actions. I would say things are better than before but there's still more to be desired. They are good at keeping the peace at Malta and don't swing too hard in either direction of the political playing field. All that's left to do is to ensure they remain ever so in our favor on the important subjects that concern our dear homeworld. The legion is too small as it is to ever try taking the political power of Malta, plus I'm sure we both remember how that ended last time, right?

Oh and I've already been in touch with an agent of the Bureau of Marine Intelligence. I think that's how they were called at least. They are interested in information about the Order and in return I requested information they have about the Commune and Oracles that would put said groups in bad light in front of Malta. Vi has been rather quiet though, perhaps I should remind her I'm still waiting on that.

Still, I don't particularly like the fact Rheinland is trying to expand into the Sigmas. They are not very likely to allow cardamine flow through their space or piracy on the traffic passing through. Hopefully the Kusarians would be able to bring them into a stalemate and in the end weaken both houses so that our grasp on the Sigmas would be strengthened. And yet any such wishful thinking is not even taking into account the fact the Corsairs would also try to gain further foothold. So many fronts that we have to be vigilant on and not enough men and ships to secure them all.

Yesterday after you left I talked to an Order captain that wasn't under the command of Golanski. They were willing to agree to a state of non-aggression as long as we do not engage their forces. I've yet to inquire how much leverage they can use on the Order's main fleet to convince the more fanatical ones to agree to something like a state of cold war at least, allowing some of our forces to be re-positioned somewhere else than Beta's defense lines. But more importantly, if the Order ceases it's attack and demands on our sovereignty, the alien cultists would no longer be able to use them as propaganda that the 'nomad overlords are the true saviors of Malta'. Too bad Golanski is too thickheaded to realize his approach has only made matters worse, I've actually had the displeasure of having to deal with him before too.

But yeah, now I'm just trailing off. I should probably compress this novel that is our situation report into something easier to process and send that over the internal comms for the rest of the legionnaires to know what our current status and immediate goals are. Hopefully they haven't forgotten the internal comms array exists by now.

Ciao!

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Eliza Valdez.

RE: To: Eliza Valdez - Wesker - 10-30-2018

[Image: cFokERB.png]

COMM-ID: Ezio Aquila
Subject: Legion Stuff

Eliza,

Maybe the Order in it's totality has developed a situation similar to ours, subdivisions have always been prominent in the many years I've been alive - but now there seems to be a trend of these same subdivisions breaking off from the Order's main representative. In other words, they could be useful in the short term.

I share your concern with the Rheinlanders, but if you plan to rule them out. That leaves us with only one potential organization that both opposes the Federal Government and the Corsair Empire. Trouble is, they're quite far south of us and I've never herd a word from them towards us since the days of the Crimson Cross. My Rheinlandic is solid, but whatever tongue they use in the Omegas is beyond me, maybe you might have better luck?

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Ezio Aquila.

RE: To: Eliza Valdez - Backo - 11-08-2018

[Image: 9cumj2P.png]

COMM-ID: Eliza Valdez
Subject: Re: Legion Stuff

Apologies for the delay, Ezio,

As of recent the Order has given up their assault on Alpha. Hopefully this is Golanski finally realizing the futility of his actions and not them planning something big against Malta. I don't see why we should poke the hornet's nest further. for now at least. If the Order has found something else to busy themselves with currently, all the better for us. With the recent victory in Tau-29 I would consider capitalizing on the newly created opportunity against the Crayterians much more important anyways. They have been a plague for us for much longer than the Order and had caused Maltese economy much more concern as they sit right between us and the Cardamine markets of Liberty.

About Rheinland I am not too sure if we should backstab them as of yet. While their advancement on the Sigmas concern me, I don't think it has yet reached a point in which we need to outright act against them in any way. Some long time ago I've been in contact with the Hessian Army after running into their operatives during a Gamma raid. Their opinion was somewhat favorable, considering the circumstances of our meeting. Though just like the Rheinlanders they were against allowing any passage of Cardamine through their space or Rheinland as a whole.

How have things gone with the Bretonians as of late? Have you had any progress there? My Rheinland Bureau contact has been very cold. But with the recent advance of Basilica against Crayterian positions I'd imagine that could go on the backburner for now. Oh and I've noticed your daughter has joined our ranks. She did very well in Tau-29, you should be proud of her.

Ciao!

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Eliza Valdez.