Discovery Gaming Community
Robot Factory. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Player Owned Bases (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Robot Factory. (/showthread.php?tid=165619)

Pages: 1 2

Robot Factory. - Hammerhead - 11-05-2018

I built Robot Factory. It is an AI base directly besides the ONLY planet the AI own. It has no commercial value as it is not near a mining operation etc. Like other bases next to key planets such as in Gamma (Puerto de Sol, Houston (Scrap Palace), New Berlin Planet etc. It does have real value in RP opportunities and more player participation

It only purpose is to generate RP and fun. AI have no Cap ship bigger than a destroyer so it is a base not able to exercise brut force.

It does encourage player participation.

So why the **** destroy it? What mentality would negate an effort to encourage the potential of more RP, more fun, more engagement pvp etc .

I cannot get my head around people who are so blinkered to their own "policing" of systems that they cannot realise the negatives destroying a perfectly benign base. Beating the crap out of any incentive because of ideology and NIMBY mentality is perverse and counter productive.

RE: Robot Factory. - Laz - 11-05-2018

I have answered your PM. I believe a thread and a PM are somewhat unnecessary, but you do you.

RE: Robot Factory. - PKPower - 11-05-2018

2ic here, just wanted to give my hot take as well. Maybe you should have approached us via transmission beforehand and did some RP before plopping down that base. That could maybe have spared you the effort and displeasure of loosing the base. Maybe we could even have worked something out - who knows. Anyway, as per our lore we're very territorial and just ignoring an unknown base right next to our home planet would be more than just a little out of character.

RE: Robot Factory. - Hammerhead - 11-06-2018

(11-05-2018, 11:09 PM)PKPower Wrote: 2ic here, just wanted to give my hot take as well. Maybe you should have approached us via transmission beforehand and did some RP before plopping down that base. That could maybe have spared you the effort and displeasure of loosing the base. Maybe we could even have worked something out - who knows. Anyway, as per our lore we're very territorial and just ignoring an unknown base right next to our home planet would be more than just a little out of character.

My apologies. I built in the belief that the only AI clan (Prime) had disbanded and there was no other. Hence I built without consent as there would have been, in my understanding, no one to seek approval from.

I looked for any AI clan/faction on the forums, but could find none.

Robot Factory was going to RP a robot maintenance, repair and manufacturing operation. In the absence of no AI faction to get consent to build an AI owned and operated base, it can only be logical to build without consent.

My apologies to Laz, The Collective and PKPower who is a member of PRIME (I think) for inadvertently making this stuff-up.
I genuinely thought there was no AI faction active after PRIME disbanded. https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=156960&highlight=PRIME

FYI there is no affiliation on the base as AI cannot set the POB to AI affiliation.

RE: Robot Factory. - Silverlight - 11-06-2018

It's called Robot Factory, I'm not sure what sort of activity you thought it would bring but it certainly wouldn't be immersive RP

(11-06-2018, 03:38 AM)Silverlight Wrote: It's called Robot Factory, I'm not sure what sort of activity you thought it would bring but it certainly wouldn't be immersive RP

Of course it is called Robot Factory. Therein is the simplicity of a name, and the methodical pragmatism of an AI functionality. The name is its form and function. Now all of Sirius can get their AI workers repaired, rebuilt of built to spec. ( We even have some of our robots in action on Yaren base!Wink )

Would you prefer me to have called it Rob's Wreckers?

RE: Robot Factory. - Silverlight - 11-06-2018

So you're playing a submissive AI base that effectively supports ai slavery?

(11-06-2018, 03:54 AM)Silverlight Wrote: So you're playing a submissive AI base that effectively supports ai slavery?

Actually the opposite! An assertive opportunity for an entirely new manifestation of AI development. - adapting as wants need. A collective morphing into individual personality.

AI to be the lead supplier of robotic hardware, which we manufacture on Gammu, with a Valued Added Product (VAP). To repair and service Autobots, Robots, and "Dumb" AI software, firmware and hardware.

AI are not robots but sentient Artificial Intelligent beings.

RE: Robot Factory. - HassLHoFF™ - 11-06-2018

Not stepping on someone's feet, but as long as it doesn't violate rules like distance to stellar bodies, installations, etc and it has a proper IFF like AI IFF you must not aware an attack of said faction. To my knowledge at least.

RE: Robot Factory. - Freeport 7 Memorial - 11-06-2018

OP if you don't belong to the cool kids club you can't even start trying to RP
And what's the problem if it's not immersive RP? not everyone is a Shakespeare, just let people have fun... this is quite unwelcome for new players really
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=165583
I also do not understand why I am not alowed to maintain the base, well I do in-RPwise but not in-gameplay, and both should balance eachother. Sigma-17 is practically a desert is so rare to see players there, and how many real GMG players there are, 4 or 6? Maybe less. A PoB could help invigorate that system a little even if it was just with a different RP approach other than Rhin-GMG pew pew, but hey. The PoB is already being dismantled so meh
better luck next time I guess