Discovery Gaming Community
Problems with Rep changes..... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Problems with Rep changes..... (/showthread.php?tid=165622)

Problems with Rep changes..... - Axel Torvals - 11-06-2018

Ok, so I have unsuccessfully used /droprep (yes, logged out after each attempt, even restarting the game) about 20 times to get rid of my Lane Hacker IFF. After spending a fortune doing this with no luck, I tried going to FP8 in Sigma 15 and taking the Core bribe. My rep went green with the Core then when I launched it was back to 2 pips short of full red. I docked, logged out and tried again, with my new improved Core rep actually taking a mission for Core on FP8. I launched for the mission and my Core rep was back into red again !!
I have spent nearly 10 million on th character trying to change the rep away from Lane Hacker and it ain't having it.

Anyone got any ideas why ??

RE: Problems with Rep changes..... - Burning - 11-06-2018

Might be a stupid question, but do you have a Lane Hacker ID mounted? If the answer is yes, make sure to get a different ID that fits your ship. Faction IDs have some reputations locked to a certain value.

RE: Problems with Rep changes..... - Axel Torvals - 11-06-2018

(11-06-2018, 01:57 AM)Burning Wrote: Might be a stupid question, but do you have a Lane Hacker ID mounted? If the answer is yes, make sure to get a different ID that fits your ship. Faction IDs have some reputations locked to a certain value.

Yeah I do have a Lane Hacker ID, but I am in a Civilian Eagle with Codename and Civilian weps, no Lane Hacker specific tech except for the ID. I will try unmounting it and see what happens though.....

Yup, you were right on the money there ! The Lane Hacker ID was messing up the bribes and the /droprep. Hadn't encountered that issue before. Thanks for the good thought, mate !!

RE: Problems with Rep changes..... - Burning - 11-06-2018

(11-06-2018, 02:00 AM)CaptainDel Wrote: Yeah I do have a Lane Hacker ID

Then that's your problem. You can get the Freelancer ID which is available pretty much everywhere and it allows you to modify your reputation as you please, as it has no reps locked besides nomads. Make sure that you have only one ID per ship, having multiple ones at the same time is against the rules (even if they're unmounted).

edit: Alright then, I'm glad I could help. Big Grin

(11-06-2018, 02:05 AM)Burning Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 02:00 AM)CaptainDel Wrote: Yeah I do have a Lane Hacker ID

Then that's your problem. You can get the Freelancer ID which is available pretty much everywhere and it allows you to modify your reputation as you please, as it has no reps locked besides nomads. Make sure that you have only one ID per ship, having multiple ones at the same time is against the rules (even if they're unmounted).

edit: Alright then, I'm glad I could help. Big Grin

Yeah thanks again, friend. Been playing on Disco for years and never came across this before....... first time for everything !