Discovery Gaming Community
IDs and Engaging Transports - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: IDs and Engaging Transports (/showthread.php?tid=165713)

IDs and Engaging Transports - Lythrilux - 11-10-2018

So in light of recent events, I want to ask for some clarification regarding interactions between some IDs and transports.

You all know of IDs like the Xeno ID, which has a line explicitly permitting them to blow up transports without a demand in Liberty.

There are also other IDs, like pretty much every other House unlawful ID, the Order ID and the Coalition ID that explicitly do not permit these IDs to engage transports. House unlawfuls must make a demand first. The Order indie ID can only shoot transports if they're carrying alien stuff and refuse to fork it over. As far as I can tell, the Coalition ID outright cannot shoot transports or demand anything from them.

And then you have pretty much every other ID, that neither says they can or can't engage transports without a demand. So what should they do?

I could have sworn that there either used to be a rule, or at least green statement, that said every ID needs to make a demand first. I can't find a source on that though.

RE: IDs and Engaging Transports - Kauket - 11-10-2018

Freighters aren't transports.

RE: IDs and Engaging Transports - Lythrilux - 11-10-2018

Ty.

Yeah, just speaking generally in regards to this.

RE: IDs and Engaging Transports - SnakThree - 11-10-2018

(11-10-2018, 02:59 PM)Auzari Wrote: Freighters aren't transports.

Fairly certain that this is erroneous, because rules have trade ships named as freighters and transports, but ID rules have "except transports" thing, while it should have "except trade ships".

RE: IDs and Engaging Transports - Thunderer - 11-10-2018

Freighters are very powerful combat ships. I am not joking. I thought that this was already known.

Most transports, on the other hand, are not.

RE: IDs and Engaging Transports - SnakThree - 11-10-2018

(11-10-2018, 03:58 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Freighters are very powerful combat ships. I am not joking. I thought that this was already known.

Abusing rules to apply "trade ships" exemptions for combat-oriented freighters or transports is poor idea as the staff usually nails people hard for it.

RE: IDs and Engaging Transports - Thunderer - 11-10-2018

All freighters are combat-oriented.

RE: IDs and Engaging Transports - Kauket - 11-10-2018

Quote:Fairly certain that this is erroneous, because rules have trade ships named as freighters and transports, but ID rules have "except transports" thing, while it should have "except trade ships".
(11-10-2018, 04:05 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 03:58 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Freighters are very powerful combat ships. I am not joking. I thought that this was already known.

Abusing rules to apply "trade ships" exemptions for combat-oriented freighters or transports is poor idea as the staff usually nails people hard for it.

Quote:Freighters: Trader ships with cargo holds smaller than 650 units
Transports: Trader ships with cargo holds larger than 650 units, including Liners

so yeah they should ideally be saying trade ships but as Thunderer said, Freighters can really be used as battleboats.