Discovery Gaming Community
Mad Scientist - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Mad Scientist (/showthread.php?tid=16572)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mad Scientist - me_b_kevin - 02-16-2009

i've got a character in mind that'd i'd like to create....but it's likely he'll not be an ingame character, atleast for the most part.

i kinda aim for him to be the mastermind behind Planet Primus, an exceptionally smart individual who delves deep into questionable science.

i'd like for him to be open for others to RP with as well. i have a ton of ideas for his development, and i just wanted to get the communities feelings on the matter.

i imagine him to be a mix of Dr. Moreau/Dr. Frankenstein/Dr. Bishop type of character who's basically behind all the weird stuff on Planet Primus.

his main focus wouldn't just be on Genetics either but he'd be fluent in all forms of science.

here's Planet Primus Info:

DIAMETER: 13,146 km.
MASS: 5.81 x 10e24 kg.
TERRAIN: Terrestrial
TEMPERATURE: -32C to 25C
ESCAPE VELOCITY: 11.8 km/sec

Primus was discovered by Zoners in 490 AS. First explorers were amazed by weird wildlife species inhabiting the planet and lack of any large plants. Air was fine for breathing, and soon several thousands of Zoners colonized the planet. In 40 years time, many of them died of unknown causes. Zoners conducted further research that revealed strong radiation sources inside the planet that were harmful to human beings planetside. Transports were sent to Primus in hope to evacuate the planet's population before it's too late. However the transports were destroyed by unknown alien ships. Afterwards, aliens (that were later called "Nomads") took the system under their control, and Primus became unreachable for Zoners. Communications with planet were lost, and after the only jump hole into Omicron Theta collapsed, inhabitants of Primus - if any of them survived - were completely isolated from Sirius sector.

Mad Scientist - Primus Avatar - 02-16-2009

hehehe, awesome background. Do you need an "Igor" by your side ?:laugh:

one thing i thought of was that Primus could be a good place to sell slaves for his "experiments".

EDIT: 35 views and only 1 comment?! am i that unpopular?
come on let me know what you think

Mad Scientist - MB52 - 02-16-2009

Not sure what to say, but if anyone could pull it off elegantly then you are the man to do it.

I think Primus could use some background of some sort. Just like Gammu got some background from the harvesters, you could make some interesting RP for this easter egg planet.

Mad Scientist - Aaronny - 02-16-2009

I'm not sure what you'r trying to do, create a planet named Primus ? I'm all confused there

' Wrote:I'm not sure what you'r trying to do, create a planet named Primus ? I'm all confused there

there are two planets in Omicron Kappa (was called an unknown system in SP) both of which were easter eggs to the original game.

one is called Gammu and the other is called Primus.

Gammu is populated entirely by robots and Primus is the only planet in the game that has Monkey headed people on it.

i'm trying to make a character that is responsible for the mystery behind planet Primus. So that the planet can be more fully intergrated into Discovery instead of being refered to as a "Joke", as well as offer some interesting RP for myself and whoever else is interested.

Mad Scientist - tazuras - 02-16-2009

I think this is a great idea and I would love to help if I wasnt busy trying to create a player faction at the moment. However I will keep an eye on it and offer as much help and feedback as I can.

Mad Scientist - Walker - 02-17-2009

' Wrote:I think this is a great idea and I would love to help if I wasnt busy trying to create a player faction at the moment. However I will keep an eye on it and offer as much help and feedback as I can.

You can blame me Dreygon, I'm the person keeping him from helping you:P

Mad Scientist - Caedes - 02-17-2009

Hmm, this is a good idea. The Omicron systems need more RP.

I support this and don't really mind how you RP it (it'll be good anyway)
I just have a few questions:

Will be he be an evil scientist or just a crazy old guy like Dr. Bishop (Fringe)?
Will he kind "control" Primus or just be hiding on the planet, close to his experiments?
Would he have any real interaction with the other humans in the nearby systems (Order, Zoners, Corsairs, Hunters, Nomads).
Finally, if you do decide to make him a proper character, what ID, IFF and ship would he use?

I mean, I can imagine a scientist loving to work with the Order or Hunters because of the alien technology and organisms they obtain.

Mad Scientist - me_b_kevin - 02-17-2009

' Wrote:Hmm, this is a good idea. The Omicron systems need more RP.

I support this and don't really mind how you RP it (it'll be good anyway)
I just have a few questions:

Will be he be an evil scientist or just a crazy old guy like Dr. Bishop (Fringe)?
Will he kind "control" Primus or just be hiding on the planet, close to his experiments?
Would he have any real interaction with the other humans in the nearby systems (Order, Zoners, Corsairs, Hunters, Nomads).
Finally, if you do decide to make him a proper character, what ID, IFF and ship would he use?

I mean, I can imagine a scientist loving to work with the Order or Hunters because of the alien technology and organisms they obtain.

i've not worked out all the details yet....i've been spending my "daydreaming" sessions on it so it's building rather quickly.

i wouldn't say he's evil per say, perhaps misunderstood? concerned only with his own agenda...maybe?

i would very much like to interact with others....it's one of the main reasons for making this guy.

and yes....i would think he "controls" the planet.....in a sense. i don't want to say too much until i get everything worked out.