Discovery Gaming Community
Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance (/showthread.php?tid=165963)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - SnakThree - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 12:51 PM)Minh Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 02:08 AM)Felipe Wrote: Situation was caused by Ageira attitude towards Rheinland, so whelp, what ive said so long ago to Snak is happening now. Enjoy (sun).

I think there is one reason why Ageira is almost kicked out from Rheinland. If I remember right when "GMG" (put in quotation marks, because it is unsure inRPly who actually did it) destroyed the gate in Frankfurt, Ageira outright suggested they will treat non-Ageira people helping the relief efforts as hostile and even take away their cargo.

There is no suprise such a behaviour should pretty much annoy Rheinland government.

Or it is just something that would generate drama (preferably inRP only) due to friction and competition stemming from otherwise monopolized ordeal. Developers decided to do this and obviously Ageira had no say in it, nor was informed that new Lane segment was created by them out of nowhere for no reason at all. Gaps, gaps everywhere.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Thyrzul - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 01:15 PM)SnakThree Wrote: Developers decided to do this and obviously Ageira had no say in it, nor was informed that new Lane segment was created by them out of nowhere for no reason at all. Gaps, gaps everywhere.

Did you really expect Rheinland not to look for available and preferable alternatives after this? I'd say Ageira did have a lot of say in how these events developed.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - SnakThree - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 01:47 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 01:15 PM)SnakThree Wrote: Developers decided to do this and obviously Ageira had no say in it, nor was informed that new Lane segment was created by them out of nowhere for no reason at all. Gaps, gaps everywhere.

Did you really expect Rheinland not to look for available and preferable alternatives after this? I'd say Ageira did have a lot of say in how these events developed.

Ageira: "Hey, we can fix this issue no problem, we would just like to have our highly dangerous (self-exploding) and highly-protected (patents, monopoly, long term contracts for 500+ years at least) deliveries limited in written laws (rather than common sense that would have been applied through last 500+ years but due to gameplay limitations could not be realized) to Ageira/DSE/Universal"

Rheinland "Hey, the biggest shipper of your products that make our nation's traffic run smoothly can no longer ship it"

Rheinland "Damn Ageira, not fixing our problems. We need to find alternative, that is three times further away from us"

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Lythrilux - 11-24-2018

(11-23-2018, 10:28 AM)Xalrok Wrote: Hopefully we'll also have the new Puerto Rico and Omicron Chi finished by then, the latter having something that will give the Gammu AI a goal to work towards.

Might it be just as if not more effective to give AI old Kappa back? Not that I'm against a Chi design because the system is pretty sucky (although I think it'd also be better just to delete it). The Kappa re-design really hurt the appeal of the AI faction. It took away something that made them stand out and compressed them into a corner as if to be forgotten from both the Omicrons and the mod as a whole.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - WesternPeregrine - 11-24-2018

On an unrelated point, why did the Outcasts removed themselves from the Sigmas and their age old turf war with the corsairs, by giving their single sigma base to Kruger?

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Banned player t202085 - 11-25-2018

(11-24-2018, 02:03 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 01:47 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:

Ageira: "Hey, we can fix this issue no problem, we would just like to have our highly dangerous (self-exploding) and highly-protected (patents, monopoly, long term contracts for 500+ years at least) deliveries limited in written laws (rather than common sense that would have been applied through last 500+ years but due to gameplay limitations could not be realized) to Ageira/DSE/Universal"

Rheinland "Hey, the biggest shipper of your products that make our nation's traffic run smoothly can no longer ship it"

Rheinland "Damn Ageira, not fixing our problems. We need to find alternative, that is three times further away from us"

You were warned though, it's not like this came out of the blue

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Lanakov - 11-25-2018

Thanks a lot for this update, it certainly rekindled the BURNING FIRE OF VENGEANCE in me. Clearly a lot of work and ambition was poured into this, and I am grateful for it.
Very curious to see how things go from there. But first, there's a new SUPERDUPONT episode that NEEDS to come out of this.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Piombo65 - 11-25-2018

[Image: l5xP0f5.png]

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Thunderer - 11-25-2018

The tip of Hitler's hat looks like De Gaulle's nose.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Doc Holliday - 11-25-2018

Bretonian encroachment into Omega 49. Oh this ought to be fun. Reminds me of when Dab powergamed Omega 3 and Freeport 1.
*puts on his robes of diplomacy*