Discovery Gaming Community
Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance (/showthread.php?tid=165963)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Sand_Spider - 11-28-2018

I just tested out the PScrap field in Bering. It's pretty good, actually - Even in a Wrecker, it feels nearly as good as the field in Texas, except now you don't have to worry about radiation damage and constant nebula lightning flashes (which gave me a massive headache). Junkers are by default a neutral party in the first place, so I wouldn't imagine the Unioners or Seperatists giving you too much hassle, if all you stick to is the PScrap as opposed to the Military Salvage. Vulk mined in a Collector, which had even better yields since it's a snub, and more hardpoints for mining than a Wrecker (A CSF would work nearly as well for team mining).

The Congress is still neutral in the Bering conflict, which may or may not influence independent Junkers being treated as neutral within Bering, as well.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Enkidu - 11-28-2018

(11-28-2018, 08:08 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: I just tested out the PScrap field in Bering. It's pretty good, actually - Even in a Wrecker, it feels nearly as good as the field in Texas, except now you don't have to worry about radiation damage and constant nebula lightning flashes (which gave me a massive headache). Junkers are by default a neutral party in the first place, so I wouldn't imagine the Unioners or Seperatists giving you too much hassle, if all you stick to is the PScrap as opposed to the Military Salvage. Vulk mined in a Collector, which had even better yields since it's a snub, and more hardpoints for mining than a Wrecker (A CSF would work nearly as well for team mining).

The Congress is still neutral in the Bering conflict, which may or may not influence independent Junkers being treated as neutral within Bering, as well.

Actually we InRp told junkers that we (Unioners) wouldn't harass them mining military salvage excessively, although we definitely will if we see them filling Separatist POBs or Separatist transports.

Yeah, the status-quo is that the Junkers are neutral. Congress seems slightly more Union-sympathetic, and Marauders slightly more Separatist-sympathetic, but not so much that reps are physically changed by the conflict.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Hoss - 11-29-2018

(11-28-2018, 08:08 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: I just tested out the PScrap field in Bering. It's pretty good, actually - Even in a Wrecker, it feels nearly as good as the field in Texas, except now you don't have to worry about radiation damage and constant nebula lightning flashes (which gave me a massive headache). Junkers are by default a neutral party in the first place, so I wouldn't imagine the Unioners or Seperatists giving you too much hassle, if all you stick to is the PScrap as opposed to the Military Salvage. Vulk mined in a Collector, which had even better yields since it's a snub, and more hardpoints for mining than a Wrecker (A CSF would work nearly as well for team mining).

The radiation damage was never an issue - so long as you could dock at the Spire which offers 'free' repairs. Yet another way in which the value of the Spire to players has been critically undermined. And armour boosted Wreckers and Sallys are especially suited to the Pequena Negra, with smaller ships entering at their peril. A fantastic pvp environment, potentially anyway. We used to have Xenos and even Nomads passing by... Another superbly realistic aspect of the game lost to this update. For me the cloud is beautiful and atmospheric, but there you go. As for Bering, you can't fit a square peg into a round hole: it's just not a Junker system. That's my ten cents anyway and I hope the devs reconsider.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Lythrilux - 11-30-2018

Bering feels very artifical to me. I agree with Antonio's sentiments more or less.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Jayce - 11-30-2018

I have a serious question. It's always been a rule that player factions and specific player characters were not to be mentioned in infocards and canon lore. The infocard referencing Phantom bombings on Cambridge was removed due to this rule, as well as a number of other infocards. Why is a player character being mentioned in the infocard of the York, rather than a generic non-player character? If the precedent has been changed to allow player characters to be mentioned in lore, why was the BAF exclusively chosen for this honor? I understand a significant player character was sacrificed to allow this reference to take place, but that is not the only important, influential character on the server, and displays a degree of favoritism.

[Image: xbFM5DS.jpg]

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Antonio - 11-30-2018

I agree, but at least Hall as a character still exists. Here's another infocard referencing a player faction that doesn't exist for over a year at this point:

Battlecruiser Wyoming is an early model of the Liberty Assault Interdictor, which saw action in New Hampshire during Liberty's recent war against Rheinland. In 820 A.S., the Wyoming fought in a skirmish near Planet Colebrook, where it was beset upon by an elite wing of Fafnir bombers. Its unit was able to protect it from being destroyed in the assault, but it was still severely damaged, so the regional command had it recalled to Juneau Shipyard in Alaska for repairs.

After receiving repairs and some minor upgrades, Wyoming was reassigned to maintain watch over Zone 21 until LSF Division 9 requisitioned it for their own use. This vessel proceeded to act as their flagship, but was forced into hiding from the Liberty Forces when D9 was uncovered to be a branch of Wild. It has most recently taken up residence within Kepler, where it acts as a forward operating base for missions across both Liberty and southernmost Kusari.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Thunderer - 11-30-2018

I didn't ask for this, but I didn't mind when I was offered. And I'm pretty sure this has been the case before, because I've seen a few wrecks with player character names, a number of Benitez for example. Since when do you think it's been a rule though, as "since always" can't apply if there used to be those Phantom bombings? And is it a written rule, or more of an implied one?

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Jayce - 11-30-2018

It was an internal dev rule, not a server rule. The Phantom card was retconned because of it. I personally was told that I couldn't add any official player factions or characters into infocards that I've written.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Thunderer - 11-30-2018

A lot of things have changed with the new devteam. I think you were present in the Tau 29 event, too, which allowed player actions to influence the storyline.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Venkman - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 02:20 AM)Thunderer Wrote: A lot of things have changed with the new devteam.

Big yike.