Discovery Gaming Community
Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance (/showthread.php?tid=165963)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Thexare - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 02:18 AM)Jayce Wrote: It was an internal dev rule, not a server rule. The Phantom card was retconned because of it.

The Phantom bit was retconned because the Phantoms as a whole were retconned because the Phantoms were a really bad import, or at least that's what I thought happened.

Way I see it, now that we've stopped pretending there's other Discovery servers, there's no reason to have a hard rule about not referencing player things.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Unseelie - 11-30-2018

Yeah, actually, one of the bones I absolutely would like to throw people is writing the occasional story into the mod.

If I ever get my hands wrapped around the news system properly, that's really going to look at the "CNS" special reports area for things that I can drop into the mod, for example.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - SnakThree - 11-30-2018

Proper way to mention player-created content without specific names:

"I heard from someone the other day that The Professor was spotted walking down one of the corridors here. Can you believe that? Probably just some drunken rumor. Everybody knows that The Professor is just some Hacker myth made up to make Ageira execs wet their pants in the middle of the night."

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Durandal - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 02:08 AM)Antonio Wrote: I agree, but at least Hall as a character still exists. Here's another infocard referencing a player faction that doesn't exist for over a year at this point:

Battlecruiser Wyoming is an early model of the Liberty Assault Interdictor, which saw action in New Hampshire during Liberty's recent war against Rheinland. In 820 A.S., the Wyoming fought in a skirmish near Planet Colebrook, where it was beset upon by an elite wing of Fafnir bombers. Its unit was able to protect it from being destroyed in the assault, but it was still severely damaged, so the regional command had it recalled to Juneau Shipyard in Alaska for repairs.

After receiving repairs and some minor upgrades, Wyoming was reassigned to maintain watch over Zone 21 until LSF Division 9 requisitioned it for their own use. This vessel proceeded to act as their flagship, but was forced into hiding from the Liberty Forces when D9 was uncovered to be a branch of Wild. It has most recently taken up residence within Kepler, where it acts as a forward operating base for missions across both Liberty and southernmost Kusari.

Yeah this ought be addressed in some way, and I'm not sure why it hasn't been.

Re: current stance on player characters -

Basically we're of the mind that there isn't an issue with writing in people who the players have given full control of, over to the devteam, and have had a noticable impact on the server. In killing off Hall, @Thunderer handed the way his death was handled over to the development team, giving us the ability to canonize him into the lore. This isn't a "Bretonia" thing, and its something I'd not mind seeing done in the future with others, even if sparingly.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - DarkAngel430 - 02-01-2019

Sorry, been away for a while. I've read the latest update and it doesn't explain why my Kishiro Ids are enemy with all Rheinland lawful Ids. What am I missing??

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Enkidu - 02-01-2019

(02-01-2019, 06:04 PM)DarkAngel430 Wrote: Sorry, been away for a while. I've read the latest update and it doesn't explain why my Kishiro Ids are enemy with all Rheinland lawful Ids. What am I missing??

Rheinland is at war with Kusari over the Sigma 21 system, and Imperial Rheinland (Read; Kruger, RM, Unioners) agitation towards the Gas Mining Guild, which Kishiro closely backs. Rheinland blew up a Kusarian station made to stage the claim to Sigma 21, and the two houses are now in an escalating skirmish inside the Sigma 21 system.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Victor Steiner - 02-01-2019

The war

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - xiphos - 02-01-2019

(02-01-2019, 06:04 PM)DarkAngel430 Wrote: Sorry, been away for a while. I've read the latest update and it doesn't explain why my Kishiro Ids are enemy with all Rheinland lawful Ids. What am I missing??

@DarkAngel430
As a Kishiro player the quote below is probably interesting for you. As of 4.90.2 Kusari is at war with Rheinland. The quote is from the official 4.90.2 release thread.

(07-15-2018, 09:33 AM)Xalrok Wrote:
4.90 Part 2

Synopsis
This is the second release for 4.90. This release features the Sigma War between the Rheinland and Kusari/the GMG.

Storyline
With the GMG having rejected Rheinland's ultimatum to leave Saigon orbit and dismantle Ibusuki Construction Site, the Battleship Bayern moved to destroy the installation in a thorough attack that obliterated the station - and anyone unfortunate enough to be in the combat zone. The collateral destruction of the Survey Vessel Unzen and the deaths of Kishiro employees - particularly that of Akemi Yamashita, a high profile Kishiro executive with connections to the Kusari government - at the hands of Rheinland was regarded by Kusari as a casus belli that demanded an immediate military response. Within days of the incident, Rheinland forces in Sigma-21 were attacked by strike wings from the KNF's Hyono battlegroup. Following the loss of Planet Nuremberg and the need for a new homeland to support millions of displaced refugees, Rheinland has no intention of leaving Sigma-21 and abandoning their claim to Saigon without a fight. The Rubicon has been crossed - Rheinland and Kusari are now in a state of war.

The return of the Emperor to Kusari and the rise of the Reformed Empire following the Civil War brought hope for a new era of prosperity, but also lead to a deterioration in relations with Gallia. While trade continues to flow between the two colonies, the establishment of fortifications along the border and the arrival of the Battleship Venissieux in the Tau-53 system underline the mutual distrust the Emperor and the King have for one another. Kusari's claim to the entirety of Tau-53 as Rishiri, a claim which is only partially recognized by the Crown, has only served to further the souring of relations. Though the Battleship Matsumoto has been effective at deterring the Blood Dragon insurgency in Nagano, the fear of an attack from Gallia while the Naval Forces are engaged in the Sigmas could see the battleship recalled to Hokkaido in the near future, leaving the defense of the system in the hands of Samura's private security arm.

Just the Kusari related parts. Klick here for the complete 4.90.2 Storline

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - DarkAngel430 - 02-01-2019

(02-01-2019, 06:57 PM)xiphos Wrote:

@DarkAngel430
As a Kishiro player the quote below is probably interesting for you. As of 4.90.2 Kusari is at war with Rheinland. The quote is from the official 4.90.2 release thread.

(07-15-2018, 09:33 AM)Xalrok Wrote:
4.90 Part 2

Synopsis
This is the second release for 4.90. This release features the Sigma War between the Rheinland and Kusari/the GMG.

Storyline
With the GMG having rejected Rheinland's ultimatum to leave Saigon orbit and dismantle Ibusuki Construction Site, the Battleship Bayern moved to destroy the installation in a thorough attack that obliterated the station - and anyone unfortunate enough to be in the combat zone. The collateral destruction of the Survey Vessel Unzen and the deaths of Kishiro employees - particularly that of Akemi Yamashita, a high profile Kishiro executive with connections to the Kusari government - at the hands of Rheinland was regarded by Kusari as a casus belli that demanded an immediate military response. Within days of the incident, Rheinland forces in Sigma-21 were attacked by strike wings from the KNF's Hyono battlegroup. Following the loss of Planet Nuremberg and the need for a new homeland to support millions of displaced refugees, Rheinland has no intention of leaving Sigma-21 and abandoning their claim to Saigon without a fight. The Rubicon has been crossed - Rheinland and Kusari are now in a state of war.

The return of the Emperor to Kusari and the rise of the Reformed Empire following the Civil War brought hope for a new era of prosperity, but also lead to a deterioration in relations with Gallia. While trade continues to flow between the two colonies, the establishment of fortifications along the border and the arrival of the Battleship Venissieux in the Tau-53 system underline the mutual distrust the Emperor and the King have for one another. Kusari's claim to the entirety of Tau-53 as Rishiri, a claim which is only partially recognized by the Crown, has only served to further the souring of relations. Though the Battleship Matsumoto has been effective at deterring the Blood Dragon insurgency in Nagano, the fear of an attack from Gallia while the Naval Forces are engaged in the Sigmas could see the battleship recalled to Hokkaido in the near future, leaving the defense of the system in the hands of Samura's private security arm.

Just the Kusari related parts. Klick here for the complete 4.90.2 Storline
Thanks guyz. Days of Kishiro trading in Rheinland are over... On the bright side, there's bound to be some action in Sigma-21 :-)

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Grumblesaur - 02-07-2019

(11-27-2018, 12:50 AM)Lusitano Wrote: just a question ... i'm just curious ... why Zurich ? it is not a french region and it is a region where most of the people speaks german !

Zurich is in Switzerland, Switzerland is IRL bordered by France and Germany. French and German are both spoken in Switzerland. Zurich contains system links to Rheinland and Gallia.

Bonus points: the online navmap renders Zurich as a border world. Fancy that.