Discovery Gaming Community
Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance (/showthread.php?tid=165963)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Unseelie - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 10:10 PM)Reddy Wrote: Birmingham station destroyed, southampton station destroyed, newcastle cut off, 6 valors and a number of bcs all ready to demolish new london. If thats not doom and gloom i don't know what is

Don't tempt us

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - SnakThree - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 10:41 PM)Riehl Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 10:36 PM)St.Denis Wrote: Do you think the Gallic Underworld would allow you to just waltz in?

Don't you have enough of your own problems at home?

What are you insinuating?

Also, they might, they might not. That's what RP decides, not armchair forum threading. : 3

Sorry, but sometimes story is pushed without any RP backing.

I was told that the new bend in Frankfurt was inRP created by Ageira as Rheinland paid for it. Out of which money would they pay to create new segment and move JG, making room for unannounced project that Ageira would be absolutely suspicious of in light of RheinGov refusing to allow Universal Shipping (main faction that should be delivering White Boxes needed for creation of this new bend) is beyond any RP backing I have witnessed Ageira/DSE/Universal way.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Minh - 11-23-2018

@SnakThree Shouldn't be Ageira Trade Lane tech reverse-engineered already? I recall Kishiro doing that in the vanillia game, at least according to the gossips.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - SnakThree - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 10:48 PM)Minh Wrote: @SnakThree Shouldn't be Ageira Trade Lane tech reverse-engineered already? I recall Kishiro doing that in the vanillia game, at least according to the gossips.

Not everything that should be plausible based on lore or roleplay must be done in gameplay as that would make some unique factions not so unique. Ageira and EFL is in direct competition already and that is more than enough to cause some interesting developments.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Lythrilux - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 10:46 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 10:36 PM)St.Denis Wrote: Do you think the Gallic Underworld would allow you to just waltz in?

Also, they might, they might not. That's what RP decides, not armchair forum threading. : 3

Well, on the other hand, that kind of RP feels artificial and it doesn't really draw in player interest. Highest points of Disco activity have been sourced from real, organic and (mostly) believable encounters and roleplay. Players felt like their actions mattered.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - HassLHoFF™ - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 10:54 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 10:48 PM)Minh Wrote: @SnakThree Shouldn't be Ageira Trade Lane tech reverse-engineered already? I recall Kishiro doing that in the vanillia game, at least according to the gossips.

Not everything that should be plausible based on lore or roleplay must be done in gameplay as that would make some unique factions not so unique. Ageira and EFL is in direct competition already and that is more than enough to cause some interesting developments.

Fair enough... Then I resubmit the proposal for cargo restriction for IDs.
Freelancer ID can transport everything.
Shipping IDs only are allowed to trade goods and supplies
Mining Faction IDs areonly allowed to trade metals and Ores
OSC only transports human cargo

etc.

Tbh this is meant to be serious. I mentioned it already a couple years ago.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Minh - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 10:58 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Well, on the other hand, that kind of RP feels artificial and it doesn't really draw in player interest. Highest points of Disco activity have been sourced from real, organic and (mostly) believable encounters and roleplay. Players felt like their actions mattered.

Agreed on that, but back then we had more players to be able to do that. My only worry would be something like this: Imagine situation in which there are three PVP events - each having few-week breaks - and two factions. One is ran by veterans, the other is a pretty fresh creation.

In all three PVP events, the newer faction is ruined and lose the ground under their feet due to roleplay consequences made through PVP. The players go highly discouraged and, in the end, dissolves the faction as they have no chance in achieving anything on the long run.

I saw factions being abandoned due to weaker PVP players even without such a thing.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Enkidu - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 11:03 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote: Fair enough... Then I resubmit the proposal for cargo restriction for IDs.
Freelancer ID can transport everything.
Shipping IDs only are allowed to trade goods and supplies
Mining Faction IDs areonly allowed to trade metals and Ores
OSC only transports human cargo

etc.

Tbh this is meant to be serious. I mentioned it already a couple years ago.

'Shipping' in English can include passenger ships.

Equally mining organisations contract airliners to move employees in the real world where they essentially are the reason why that flight exists. I know because I once sat on one. Was entirely filled with Russian and American Shell employees headed to a shared Alaskan drilling site.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Kaze - 11-23-2018

(11-23-2018, 10:58 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 10:46 PM)SnakThree Wrote:

Well, on the other hand, that kind of RP feels artificial and it doesn't really draw in player interest. Highest points of Disco activity have been sourced from real, organic and (mostly) believable encounters and roleplay. Players felt like their actions mattered.

[Image: I9w7lY6.jpg]
<3

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - DSE|= - 11-24-2018

(11-23-2018, 07:09 PM)SnakThree Wrote: Probably the most balanced gain/loss is for Ageira here. Major breakthrough in jump gate technology but lost monopoly on Gate/Lanes in Rheinland. Excited to see how this pans out on two very different fronts.

I have sent you this RP thread SnakThree. HERE

Also we need to get our thinking caps on if we don't want to lose custom in Rhienland. Hell! I've been talking to Core about building a TL from Frankfurt, Sigma 15 and Rho. Too much to lose if Ageira and =DSE- don't fight.