Discovery Gaming Community
Unrelated release post POB stuff - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Unrelated release post POB stuff (/showthread.php?tid=166030)

Pages: 1 2

Unrelated release post POB stuff - oZoneRanger - 11-25-2018

(Thread moved from https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=165963 by Mod)

Stopped reading after....

"Bretonia will be set ablaze, and its flames signify the burning resolve of Gallia to take vengeance upon the Sirian houses for their treason."

Good luck with the update, Kudos to all involved and thank you all, for the time spent on getting the patch out.

I am almost glad that the Base I kept alive for a good bit, that was in Bretonia right near South Hampton Shipyard, evaporated from one day to the next full of supplies and cosumables, with no base declaration given. At the time, an offer was made to look into where it went, but I told that person not to worry about it, It was the only thing keeping me tuned into the game and logging in every day and that with it gone, no reason to stick around much in game.

So now I read the update and I am glad I let it go. It would have meant Two or Three months of looking after a base that was going to get wasted anyways. Happy I did not waste my time on it.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - Durandal - 11-25-2018

(11-25-2018, 07:45 AM)oZoneRanger Wrote: Stopped reading after....

"Bretonia will be set ablaze, and its flames signify the burning resolve of Gallia to take vengeance upon the Sirian houses for their treason."

Good luck with the update, Kudos to all involved and thank you all, for the time spent on getting the patch out.

I am almost glad that the Base I kept alive for a good bit, that was in Bretonia right near South Hampton Shipyard, evaporated from one day to the next full of supplies and cosumables, with no base declaration given. At the time, an offer was made to look into where it went, but I told that person not to worry about it, It was the only thing keeping me tuned into the game and logging in every day and that with it gone, no reason to stick around much in game.

So now I read the update and I am glad I let it go. It would have meant Two or Three months of looking after a base that was going to get wasted anyways. Happy I did not waste my time on it.

I have literally no idea what you're talking about. No POBs have been removed and you are very free to put in a request to have it relocated.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - oZoneRanger - 11-25-2018

(11-23-2018, 09:11 PM)DarkTails Wrote: I'd rather things make sense and have ingame events and rp back it up. A military advance of this caliber isn't realistic to what's happened nor sustainable. Gallia has been defeated multiple times, and yet the story devs ensure nothing the players do matters in the Gallic war because they already have their own minds made up on the matter.
+1
(11-25-2018, 07:46 AM)Durandal Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 07:45 AM)oZoneRanger Wrote: Stopped reading after....

I have literally no idea what you're talking about. No POBs have been removed and you are very free to put in a request to have it relocated.

I did not say it was removed. Two months ago, it disappeared from one day to the next. No Attack declaration, nothing. At that time, there seemed to be a base glitch of some sort. In the shout box, when I asked about it, I told the person I was talking to not bother going through the trouble of finding out what happened to it. It was the only reason I was logging in. And with the base gone, no reason to keep putting time into RP that was going nowhere, and in seeing the update and the advancement of the story line, I am glad I did. None of my game time wasted.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - SnakThree - 11-25-2018

(11-25-2018, 08:26 AM)oZoneRanger Wrote: I did not say it was removed. Two months ago, it disappeared from one day to the next. No Attack declaration, nothing. At that time, there seemed to be a base glitch of some sort. In the shout box, when I asked about it, I told the person I was talking to not bother going through the trouble of finding out what happened to it. It was the only reason I was logging in. And with the base gone, no reason to keep putting time into RP that was going nowhere, and in seeing the update and the advancement of the story line, I am glad I did. None of my game time wasted.

If you believe any random on shoutbox or in the street, you will be disappointed in life.

There is a thread for POB restoration when it disappears without a reason. You failed to take measures, so you most likely did not care about it enough. Therefore, you have no right to ***** about how you lost your precious POB if you took zero steps to find out what happened.

RE: Release - Discovery 4.91: Pyres of Remembrance - oZoneRanger - 11-26-2018

(11-25-2018, 08:33 AM)SnakThree Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 08:26 AM)oZoneRanger Wrote: I did not say it was removed. Two months ago, it disappeared from one day to the next. No Attack declaration, nothing. At that time, there seemed to be a base glitch of some sort. In the shout box, when I asked about it, I told the person I was talking to not bother going through the trouble of finding out what happened to it. It was the only reason I was logging in. And with the base gone, no reason to keep putting time into RP that was going nowhere, and in seeing the update and the advancement of the story line, I am glad I did. None of my game time wasted.

If you believe any random on shoutbox or in the street, you will be disappointed in life.

There is a thread for POB restoration when it disappears without a reason. You failed to take measures, so you most likely did not care about it enough. Therefore, you have no right to ***** about how you lost your precious POB if you took zero steps to find out what happened.

Dude...... get a grip. It disappeared....I gave no ****´s about it. It was a chance to break away from the game and play other stuff.
No one is crying here. Put your flamethrower away if you do not have a clue about it.

It was no random, it was an Admin in Green who offered to help and restore it and I said NO to the offer. After 9 years of playing, not much keeping me active anyways.

Have a Nice Day SnakThree.

RE: Unrelated release post POB stuff - Lucas - 11-26-2018

Cool and all, but who says your base will be sieged? Or would have been.

So far no base has died, there are 2 near Southhampton still as well as 3 or so around the Planet. Doubt they will be sieged if they do not harm gameplay or interactions.

Gl in other games tho, even if this is the wrong subforum for declaring that you left

RE: Unrelated release post POB stuff - oZoneRanger - 11-26-2018

Man....If it had been attacked, then at least I would have had some RP fun with it. Not leaving, Just not active. Feeding a base stopped being fun.

RE: Unrelated release post POB stuff - Banned player t202085 - 11-26-2018

You said that the base was the only thing keeping you here but the base is gone, so... Why are you still here?

RE: Unrelated release post POB stuff - Smokey. - 11-26-2018

Are you the owner of the NL Samura base??

RE: Unrelated release post POB stuff - oZoneRanger - 11-26-2018

Hanging around till I find a good use for my nemp launchers and 20 or so Nemp Bombs. What? Need me to leave or something? Deal with it I guess, I hope my digital presence is not to much of a bother for your finer sensitivities.

I enjoy reading other peoples stories. I appreciate the amount of time and work that goes into creating the Disco Universe. I am sitting on Billions of credits and gear and ships, so I do not need to grind and spend hours and hours in-game. The RP I had going was going nowhere and the only thing making me log and play a bit was the Base. With nothing else peaking my interest at the moment in Disco, I spend my time grinding on WoT or WarThunder, or BSGO, Crossout, and lately on an Indy survival game in alpha called Survius.

Just because I am not playing much or writing much and even if I criticize the direction of the story line, it does not mean I have lost interest in the Game.