Discovery Gaming Community
bounty hunter destroyer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: bounty hunter destroyer (/showthread.php?tid=16606)

Pages: 1 2

bounty hunter destroyer - retnuh - 02-17-2009

Im about to purchase a bounty hunter destroyer, even though i've previously flown a talarca cruiser i didnt pvp in it. I just want to know the basics of flying one vs different opponents e.g. do i stay in the same place using turret view to shoot fighters? or thrust away shooting backwards? use ek in some way? any input would be greeaaat, thanks!

bounty hunter destroyer - Robert.Fitzgerald - 02-17-2009

From my experiences, the Bounty Hunter Destroyer is pretty fast. Fly it in normal flight mode against most targets. No idea how to use it against heavier cruisers or a battleship though.

thanks for the advice, wont they just get behind me if i do that though?

edit: what i mean is what do i do if that happens:lol:

bounty hunter destroyer - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-17-2009

' Wrote:thanks for the advice, wont they just get behind me if i do that though?

edit: what i mean is what do i do if that happens:lol:

Either see how quickly you go boom, or do an EK and pivot.

Lastly, of course, you could just hit V and get your turrets firing behind you, of course. However, in any case, if you're in a destroyer - by yourself - against an enemy battleship - just thrust away. You have a thruster - they don't...

Oh, if it's an enemy cruiser - then you're up a small, flowing stream primarily containing fecal matter without a hand held propulsion device.

bounty hunter destroyer - Jinx - 02-17-2009

the 4.84 destroyer is fairly weak. - it is too slow to perform real gunboat manouvers and too weak to go turret mode.

but your best chance is to E-kill joust with gunboats. - your chances to win increase when your aim with special warship weapons ( light mortar, inferno ) is good enough. - all in all, don t be disappointed too much from the destroyer - but its not a powerful ship at all.

bounty hunter destroyer - Tenacity - 02-17-2009

against larger ships, run away from them, use rear view or turret view to shoot backwards at the enemy ship as they pursue, and use strafe to avoid fire.

thanks for all the advice, i will use it! when you say its a weak ship in 4.84, does that mean it will be improved for 4.85? if not do you think maybe i should save up for a battlecruiser version instead?

also are those light mortars effective? when i've used them in sp they made little difference as they drain too much energy to be useful, maybe it's just me??

bounty hunter destroyer - Tenacity - 02-18-2009

' Wrote:thanks for all the advice, i will use it! when you say its a weak ship in 4.84, does that mean it will be improved for 4.85? if not do you think maybe i should save up for a battlecruiser version instead?

also are those light mortars effective? when i've used them in sp they made little difference as they drain too much energy to be useful, maybe it's just me??

they can turn the tide of a fight, but keep it on a seperate weapon group and only fire the mortar when you are 100% sure it's going to hit. Also, never use mortars against the enemy if his shields are up, save them for busting through hull.

bounty hunter destroyer - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-18-2009

The big thing with destroyers - or cruisers and battleships, for that matter - is one of energy balance.

Too many times what do we see, but big ships loading themselves down with all Cerberus turrets because they do the most damage. Which is fine when they fire - but experimenting in SP will show you that while they look cool... you can kiss your energy levels goodbye REALLY quickly.

So you need to load up with weapons that you can fire - and fire - and keep on firing... and then when you get a chance, do the old 'whack-a-mole' with a heavy weapon.

The light mortar isn't that bad of a weapon, and while I agree with Tenacity that it's a great hull buster, if you happen to have two of them, they work quite nicely to drop shields with the first shot while the second pops the hull open.

bounty hunter destroyer - retnuh - 02-18-2009

i haven't currently got any light mortars equiped, ive got two missile turrets and the rest defense turrets. is this a good setup?

wasnt sure whether to equip the light mortars as i presumed a confrontation with another cruiser would certainly result in my death no matter what i equip. is this true? would it be possible to defeat say a huntress if i equiped the mortars?