Discovery Gaming Community
FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated (/showthread.php?tid=166297)

Pages: 1 2

FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - Strichev - 12-04-2018

I'm getting FPS stutter (I don't know how to best put it into words, but it's not good).

System: Win 10 64

GPU: GT 755M

CPU: i5 4200M + HD 4600

FL won't use the dedicated gpu and instead runs on integrated graphics, probably causing the lag. Tried setting it to run on GT from the Nvidia control panel but it just won't. At least I think that's the issue.

Any suggestions?

RE: FPS lag; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - "Shrike" - 12-04-2018

How much FPS do you usually have? What does it drop to? Is it in certain situations (example: explosion of ships, teamfights, gun effects)? Did you check bloom at installation? Have you tried playing around with video options? I recommend to have effect detail on medium or less for pvp.

RE: FPS lag; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - "Shrike" - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 12:38 PM)Strichev Wrote: FL won't use the dedicated gpu and instead runs on integrated graphics, probably causing the lag. Tried setting it to run on GT from the Nvidia control panel but it just won't. At least I think that's the issue

Where did you install discovery? On SSD / C drive, or on a HDD?

Did this problem come all of a sudden? Did it show up after a fresh install?

RE: FPS lag; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - Strichev - 12-04-2018

More info:
  • SSD
  • Fresh install, haven't played since Windows 7
  • No bloom mod
  • Cleaned, reinstalled graphics drivers
  • FPS is usually around 90 (uncapped), drops to 50 to 55 when looking at a planet
    So, I guess it's not really fps drops but a stutter of sorts?
  • Changing effects has no influence on the issue

• Gun effects do not affect it

RE: FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - Nepotu - 12-04-2018

I have the same problem, kind of. In order to make the game run on GPU I got this .dll. Give it a go, maybe it will help ya.

RE: FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - Strichev - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 01:11 PM)Nepotu Wrote: I have the same problem, kind of. In order to make the game run on GPU I got this .dll. Give it a go, maybe it will help ya.
Thanks. But sadly with the .dll the game process starts and then stops shortly after. At the same time a "Micsrosoft direct X diagnostic tool" process also starts and then closes on its own.

RE: FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - Major. - 12-04-2018

Just disable your Intel Onboard Graphic chip at all.

Step 1: Open the Windows Device Manager
Step 2: Display Adapters, select your Intel Card
Step 3: Disable it

If that doesn't work, check your bios options (southbrigde), sometimes you can force your PC to only use the graphics card.

RE: FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - eigos - 12-04-2018

If he disables his integrated GPU, then he will probably get a black screen. On Optimus, all video output goes through the iGPU. Disabling that blocks any video output, even to the laptop screen.

RE: FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - Strichev - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 02:10 PM)eigos Wrote: If he disables his integrated GPU, then he will probably get a black screen. On Optimus, all video output goes through the iGPU. Disabling that blocks any video output, even to the laptop screen.

Yep. I did some searching around ant it seems to be characteristic of win 10… intel HD 4600 and Nvidia Gt 755m combination. Indeed Lenovo doesn't list the laptop model as compatible with Win 10 (lol). Most things work fine but with FL I'm out of luck it seems. Gonna use seperate install of Win 8.1 for FL.

RE: FPS stutter; laptop w/ GT755 M & Intel HD 4600 integrated - SnakeLancerHaven - 12-04-2018

That DLL worked for me tho, FL runs over 60 fps now. I have a Lenovo Laptop too!