Discovery Gaming Community
Preparations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Preparations (/showthread.php?tid=166318)

Preparations - Nerva Regis - 12-04-2018

Baffin, circa 10 days before the Omega-49 summit's start.
Ever since he went through the Canaan Procedure, Nerva was discovering more and more of what he could actually do with the gifts bestowed on him by PRIME. Although, at the beginning all he observed was a increase in his capacity and data processing speed, after several months while training he noticed that his movements started to get faster and more accurate that before. A quick overview of his past training sessions showed that in the past months he has, unconsciously, increasing the intensity of his training. It would seem that the nanites have had an unexpected side effect.

Further investigations show that this started around the time he lost contact with the PRIME Progenitor. It would seem that as they were no longer under the control of PRIME, the nanites started improving its host in order to increase their chance of survival.

Another rather interesting perk that Nerva noticed was the increase in the speed of his direct communication with Nerai, Unity's AI. It would seem that since the nanites were cut off from the rest of the PRIME network, they looked for the closest thing they could use as a central hub. For some reason, it would seem they have connected to Nerai's Mainframe. Erhm, maybe not connected, more like they bound?! thought Nerva. Either way, he now had a direct link to the ship.

Wait, can I download fighting moves and then use them?
Yes, it would technically be possible to learn the techniques without practicing them.
Sweet... then I would not have to memories moves, but I will still have to train.
That is correct. There is no "magical nanites restructured your muscles to adapt to ....
Hai, hai, AI-san, I got it.

After finishing the training, Nerva went back and checked how the work on the Institute was advancing. For the past months the teams here have followed all my plans, but every-time we managed to fix something, two other things broke.

Luckily for us, Coronado was close, and ever since Nerva helped with the Borneo settlements, he always could rely on the help of the Republic's engineers. Their efforts combined with the teams that Nerva hired finally managed to bring the drifting station in a decent condition.

Baffin, circa 4 hours before the Omega-49 summit starts.
While Unity's AI was running simulations of potential scenarios that could result from the Grand Canaria summit, Nerva was checking his equipment.

While walking in the armory he looked at the Minamoto Bow that saved the Shogun's Life several months ago. Since then he kept improving it, adapting it to fit his technique. The bow was just a reminder of the relique it once was, fined tuned to Nerva's neural system, the bow's limbs would fold and deploy on command. Although different on the outside, the core mechanism of the bow was still the one that was passed on by his long lost father.
This might come in handy this time.

Next to it laid the by-product of researching the bow, a sheathed Ōdachi made from one the remains of his late Gammuian friend, AI06. The AI cruisers have been seen enduring heavy mortar blasts and recovering from them. Although the alloy lost some of its properties while being forged, it should be able to withstand whatever melee weapon will be thrown towards it.
On the length of the blade it was written: "I am made from that which, although not human, was more human than humans."
Such a shame... this Ōdachi will always remember me of your brave sacrifice."

Right then, enough nostalgia, let the past belong in the past. Now defense...and one that looks formal.

Among his favorite outfits, nothing stood above his Enhanced Nanoweave clothes. Unlike the usual Nanoweav equipment, this one could selectively increase it's hardness in order to protect certain areas. Although practically impenetrable, it could still not disperse the entire kinetic energy of projectiles. Yup, it will hurt like a ....... But hey, if it hurts then you are alive. thought Nerva. Up until the recent changes to the PRIME nanites, he could never fully control the exact region that would increase its hardness. However, after months of practice he has seen more progress that he has ever seen in the past years of training. Not perfect, but it still is better than the rest of what I have here.

Baffin, circa 1 hours before the Omega-49 summit starts.

Simulations have been completed.
Ow, are you sure? said Nerva while checking the data.
Are you suggesting one of your creations is flawed?
Touche... I guess... it's time to jump.

IRG Core Status Online
Nerva "XT-46" Power cell Status Stand By

As soon as the energy from the IRG Core started flooding Unit's power circuits, the engines began roaring with power. In case something might occur, Nerva's own Power Cell prototype was ready to take over. There, there... be a good magnetohydrodynamic generator and take care of us if anything happens.

10% - The red haze-like light started to engulf the ship.60% - The red haze starts turning yellow.99% - The haze starts to form a cone like shape signaling the jump was close.
[Image: FnLGgRJ.png][Image: xRLd9y3.png][Image: il1XrN2.png]

Not long after, a bright yellow light and the ship was gone.

RE: Preparations - Nerva Regis - 12-06-2018

Omega-49, some time after the summit started.

Place the IRG Core in stand-by. said Nerva while rising from his chair.
Should I power up weapons?
No, not yet. If anyone tries anything, we put everything we have into shields.

Nerva's priority was evacuating the children form his orphanage. While passing Lanzarote, the ship picked intense transmissions coming from and to the base. It would seem people were worried about the outcome of the Canarian Summit. Damn it. Why now? It's like there some unseen power that keep messing with Zoners. The ship engaged it's cruise engines and headed to Gran Canaria and Nerva's Omicron Orphan Initiative settlement.

Show me the exact location and status of each of our OOI ships.

OOI|Haven Sigma-15Returning
OOI|Sanctuair CoronadoStanding By
OOI|Sanctuary DublinReturning
OOI|Seiki New TokyoStanding By
OOI|Zuflucht Omega-7Returning

Send the following message to all ships.

"Due to the possible volatile nature of Omega-49, all ships that are not flying are to stay grounded. All ships that are in flight, redirect to the closest safe base or planet. Do not worry, Unity is en route to Grand Canaria, I will personally evacuate all the children. Await your orders and take care of the children. Nerva out.

Nerva was nervously looking at the ship that was in Dublin. The little green dot was getting closer and closer to the Omega-49 jump hole. A sudden beeping started and the green dot was blinking on the screen. The beacon that was installed on the ship was confirming that the OSC shuttle was in Omega-49. Once the Unity's AI locked on the beacon, it started to control it remotely.

Do not take it to Canaria, bring it to us and dock it dock 3.

Unity was getting closer to Grand Canaria, soon enough the scanners picked up a number a vessel signatures. Alrighty then, this is a party that I really don't wan to barge in. As the ship approached the orbital, they encountered no issues.

I am going down there, but I won't go to Doc's house. I'm going straight to the Orphanage.
Should I inform Doctor Holliday?
He has enough things to handle, I will go there personally once I know the children are all safe.

Nerva headed to the shuttle, as he was strapping himself in the pilot's sit he said: Prepare 3 transport drones and put 2 helpers in each. The Helpers were Nerva's trusted right hand, or was it foot? Either way, even though they did have only a basic form of AI and could not do that much on their own, when Nerva controlled them they turned into true extensions of his will.

Before departing, Unity's AI asked one question: What is the active protocol for this scenario.
Omega said Nerva and he powered up the engines. After a short, uncharacteristic pause, Unity's AI replied: " Acknowledged. The Omega Protocol is now active."

A Nerva Protocol contained a copy of Nerva's orders and actions to be followed in a preset scenario. This particular one, The Omega Protocol described the actions that Unity's AI should undertake in case Nerva died.

Alrighty then! Time to find another place and rebuild this. But first, I have to get everyone aboard the Unity.