Discovery Gaming Community
Musketoon Nostalgia - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Musketoon Nostalgia (/showthread.php?tid=166543)

Pages: 1 2

Musketoon Nostalgia - Wesker - 12-12-2018

Space->Hangar bay, Boulogne Base, Picardy
12/11/741 A.G.S, 23:00

Directeur Alice Marie Du Conseil, approaching docking port... well the only one I can see. The recent set of events leading up to Alice attaining the rank of Director within Council had flushed her into the arena of fightecraft warfare, she was only mediocre, nothing like the larger names in the Royal Navy. Mathis Lancelot, Maurice Cornett, all of them were quite ahead of Marie. To make matters worse, the weaponry installed on the GRI issued lynx was very much out of her comfort zone, the sluggish discharge rate and even more sluggish projectile speed only held back her abilities further. For a more advanced pilot it would have been suitable - but that wasn't the case for Alice.

Upon docking and landing on the base, the hangar bay personnel composition all fixed their eyes on the Royal Navy vessel landing on their station. None of them had probably seen one up close, nevermind still pieced together completely. Slightly nervous as she was no more fond of the Brigands, Alice kept focused on anyone resembling the woman she spoke with over the neural net...

Nothing, Alice disembarked the ship, now completely decorated in a Council uniform, still with her fancy sidearm at her waist. Climbing down the latter from the cockpit of her lynx she immediately unsealed her weapon holster, turning in sync to find what seemed like an armed guard approaching her.

And who were you expected by exactly? "Eloise". She replied almost immediately after, with a more commanding tone to mark her rank and to indirectly remind the man of her affiliation. Wait here.

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Laz - 12-12-2018

The thuggish brute stomped away and out through a door to the side of the hangar, the entire time carrying a rather disgruntled face, almost as if his time was being wasted. While this was happening, most of the engineers and other workmen were busy admiring and probing the unknown ship stationed in their work-space, seemingly eager to inspect the clean looking craft. It's shape and texture made the Brigand's own contraptions look primitive by comparison.

After a few brief moments, the nameless henchmen returned back to Alice, this time joined by someone matching the appearance of the mysterious Eloise. "Welcome to Boulogne, I'm Eloise. I hope the journey wasn't too taxing?" She reached out a hand to shake Alice's hand.

She gave of the impression that she wanted to appear more intelligible then her peers, and given some of the childish behaviour that could be observed from around the rest of the hangar, it was rather evident why. Everything about her, from her outfit to manner of speaking, was done to try and raise this image.

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Wesker - 12-12-2018

Hangar bay, Boulogne Base, Picardy
12/11/741 A.G.S, 23:10

Merci, the trip wasn't so harsh, it'll be less fearful when these weapons are replaced with something a bit... better? She responded as she shook the woman's hand, strange, in a station of barbaric pirates the head seemed to be nothing like the rest, if anything, more like a school professor or someone else of high social status. It was typical for leaders to present themselves in an orderly fashion among the more civilized groups in Gallia, but the Brigands didn't quite fall under that category in Alice's opinion, and as such Eloise was all the more mysterious.

What are you're first... impressions, thoughts, anything beyond wanting to rip the ship apart? She spoke with a hint of fear still, in order for the weapons to be installed she would -to an extent- have to surrender the ship to Eloise and the engineers. Alice came to treasure her lynx much more as she realize it was really the last positive piece of her past excluding her "stolen" Valor. Alice turned back to face the ship as Eloise appeared to gather a first glimpse impression, after looking for a second she turned back - only to find Eloise was still studying it.

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Laz - 12-12-2018

Eloise was in somewhat deep thought while she examined the ship. The structure and build of it particularly fascinated her engineering mind. After a moment or two her focus snapped back to reality when she realised she'd just been asked a question by Alice. She quickly turned back around from the ship over to her guest.

"Oui.. yes. This ship is magnificent. I wouldn't dare to deconstruct it, even to find out how everything fits together, but I will confess how interesting that'd be." She was rather honest when it came down to the ship. While smashing the thing to bits would be rather insightful, it goes without saying that it'd be a bad business move.

"Look at the weapon mounts, I can already see the vastly different design to our own. I doubt it's going to be as simple as hammering them on the side of ship and hoping for the best." While saying all this, Eloise was busy looking up at the ship from below, probing the ship where she could from her limited perspective. "We'll probably need to remove one of these mountings to see the interior measurements though."

Her focus was on one of the lower mounting plates, presumably the fifth or sixth mounting slot. The main problem with removing one, would be putting it back on how they found it.

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Wesker - 12-12-2018

12/11/741 A.G.S, 23:13

So long as I have a place to stay and oversee the process you're free to do what you must to ensure the changes go through. Marie replied.

I know it's difficult to estimate these things, but schedules encompass my life and my position. Can you make a guess at how long this would take? She followed up a second afterwards, turning her attention towards Eloise now for what would /hopefully/ be a favorable response.

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Laz - 12-13-2018

"Hmm. Difficult to say. Hours? Days? It's entirely dependant on how the inside of the mounting plates looks. If our weapons are compatible but just need a bit of adjustment at the base, it should be a rather quick endeavour to get some new ones made and fitted." Once gain Eloise was busy inspecting the guns on the bottom of the ship.

"If you so desire, you can use my office up near the annex." She gestures over to where she appeared from, and a large glass window near the ceiling of the hangar could be seen, it offered a rather convenient overlook onto the hangar below. "You can view stuff from up there, or stick down here watching us work, your call. "

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Wesker - 12-13-2018

12/11/741 A.G.S, 23:15

I'll watch from the office if you don't mind, I've to address people of the situation. The sooner the better given the scale of things to come. Marie replied, already peeking at a small hand-held PDA. She began to turn towards the closest entryway to the office, the guards nearby seemed to return back to their normal duties, now was as good a time as any other.

Merci mademoiselle, keep me informed on your progress. She spoke up with a slightly louder tone as she walked to the entryway to the office.

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Laz - 12-13-2018

Eloise nodded in response before returning her view to the ship, and then moving to one of the elevated scaffolding platforms near the front of the hangar. Once in position, she spoke up to address the chaotic Brigands running amok around the hangar.

"Alright boys, we've got work to attend to." Pointing at various people around the hangar, she assigned them a wide array of different tasks. "You two, head down into storage and bring us some of the weapon templates. I need exact measurements to compare with. You three, you're on manufactory detail. Once we have the specs, I need them made pronto. You two get to work on removing the existing weapons of the ship, don't damage a single think, you hear? Oh, and you two, you're with me. We're going to delicately remove the mounting plate on the Lynx. You mess this up and I'll have your heads on a dinner plate."

With their tasks assigned, the chaos resumed. People were scrambling around the decks going about their duties. Eloise's voice had a rather authoritative voice, and people seemed to follow her word. Out of fear or respect was a mystery. Before long, sparks were flying around the room and heavy machinery was deafening those in the room.

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Wesker - 12-13-2018

Eloise's Office, Boulogne Base, Picardy
12/12/741 A.G.S, 3:15

Hours had passed as Marie was absorbed while looking at the news feed on her PDA. Everything was falling apart, New London on the brink of destruction, Gallia would claim another house for its own. She felt a bit of disgust that the houses needed an event such as this to even consider banding together, but that was also a bit naive as the Gallic War Machine was by far the most deadly one in Sirius.

There was a bit of Guilt, Sorrow, anything in that category overcame Marie every time she witnessed the destruction at hand. Knowing she had actively contributed for her own gain, living on the flipside wouldn't be enough to do away with it. They had to win - somehow.

Merde. Whispered Marie as she snapped out her guilty trance, looking down to see her Lynx had been edited quite a bit. Eager to unveil what had been done, she rushed down to look for Eloise, who was still standing about directing the effort to edit it. It looks... different. Is that a good thing?

RE: Musketoon Nostalgia - Laz - 12-15-2018

Eloise wiped a strip of sweat from her head while cranking something into place on the underside of the ship. When the thing snapped in it echoed a satisfying 'click' that signalled it was secure. The ship now had four different weapon mounts jury rigged in place. They didn't match the colour scheme and looked rather out of place on this majestic looking fighter craft.

Eloise called out to one of the other Brigands working on the other side of the ship. Them both yelling back and forth to each, exchanging almost inaudible words surrounded by the load machinery working. Shortly after, the Brigand ran out of of the hangar up towards the offices. With little prior warning, he burst into Eloise's office, breathing slightly abnormally as if the run strained him.

"Hello erhm... I've forgotten your name. Eloise wants to see you down in the hangar." This Brigand seemed a lot less grumpy than the first one Alice had to deal with, but he carried an air of 'new' about him.