Discovery Gaming Community
Mr. Cosmos Personal Logs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Mr. Cosmos Personal Logs (/showthread.php?tid=166661)

Pages: 1 2

Mr. Cosmos Personal Logs - Mr.Cosmos - 12-17-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
/-msf > set CMD 'cd \ Cipher.exe'
....data encrypted....
....comlink established....
....recording log....

~Mr.Universe personal log~

I received a log from a gentlemen who seems quite paranoid and rightly so. In my experience there has never been such a thing as "too cautious". Still, i'm hopeful that whatever cargo he is carrying has something to do with the war at hand. If my suspicions are correct from all the intel that I have collected thus far, this war needs to end and soon. In fact, it needs to end with a Bretonian Libertarian victory to be exact.

My fellow zoner's seem to be more keen on staying neutral all the while there freedom's could be soon gone. It would make this Omega-49 crisis look like a picnic compared to what could be ahead of us. To this end I have started to double my efforts in secretly aiding any organization that will help end this war and end it soon. If my calculations are correct in 6 months Bretonia will be bled dry of all military support and Gallia will roll over what remains. Luckily for me i've been able to keep my motives quiet but again one can never be too careful.

In case any predecessors read this, they must know they cannot waiver in this cause. The future of the sector could depend on it. I have made it my life's work to keep balance among the sector. Without balance you would have anarchy, chaos, civil unrest on either side.

I wonder.....If the cargo this man, or woman, brings me turns out to be credible or valuable, I may need to recruit him. There is no telling how quick I will need to gather more intel on the war efforts but the more agents I have among the daily populace the better. They could be invaluable even after the wars conclusion, no matter the victor. Note to self, I need to respond to that last communiqué from the corsairs.... balance must be maintained....

[\|/End of log\|/]

RE: Personal Log - Mr.Cosmos - 12-19-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
....recording log....

I was able to make contact with a man by the name of Merc today outside Freeport 10 in the Tau-37 system. I have included the negotiations for my records in case I need to review further:
He seemed a bit nervous at first but I was able to put his mind at ease after a bit of talking. I could tell when I asked him to work for me he was somewhat hesitant but after he received payment I think that got him a bit excited. I am hopeful for this information Here is a record of what I received:
After reviewing the document it appears to not only be genuine but quite valuable to the right people. I believe I may go ahead and follow up with his original plan and contact the Maquis. If they don't pan out I can always contact another party but for now they seem like the best choice. I believe this could be the beginnings of a fruitful relationship with them and with a new agent under my payroll it will keep me one more step ahead of everyone else.

[\|/End of log\|/]

RE: Personal Log - Mr.Cosmos - 12-20-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
....recording log....

I sent a message back to the order and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to establish an alliance with them. I feel that their support in our aligned causes could be of great value going forward. There are a few things on my mind I wish to form into thought.

I have also recently sent a message to the Maquis. I don't know much about them except they seem to be adept at disrupting Gallic's operations for the time being. After reaching out now i'm beginning to think I must tread carefully. There could be enemy spies among them. One more thing. If our first collaboration runs smoothly I have another operation I've started to plan that could change the very course of this war. In fact, it may be the key to Bretonia and Liberty winning. I am hopeful either way that my plans to drive back Gallia into their own territory is successful.

Now about the Corsairs.... after their last communication to me I am still unsure how to respond. They seem quite brash towards anyone other than themselves. I'm still contemplating the approach to them but only more thought on the subject will make up my mind. I still need more time to pinpoint the best target that they can siege for the contract I have in mind. I'm confident within a weeks time I'll be more certain of my plans but for now I'll need to do some more brooding.....

[\|/End of log\|/]

RE: Personal Log - Mr.Cosmos - 12-22-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
....recording log....

Met with Mr.Felix Danton from the Maquis today. He seems a bit quick to anger but all things considered the exchange went rather well without interruptions.
I've included our conversation for future memory uses:
I offered 100 Mil SC and without hesitation he accepted the offer. Which leads me to conclude the documents were more valuable than i may have realized. Perhaps I should have raised the price.... In any event I've made more of a friend this way. The more they get on my side the more likely they will agree to the operation i'm planning. Their part in it will be critical.

There seems to be more news about the Omega-49 system on the holonet. Troops have landed and the Bretonian military started its annex of Gran Canaria. Although it pains me to say it this scuffle is more insignificant that my fellow zoners realize. Their best course of action would be to relocate the population. This approach would appear cold and calculated to some but in the long run it would be their saving grace. They need to get as far away from the fighting as they can and not provoke more attacks. Besides, Bretonia can't handle more war front's with what they are already struggling with. I may have to refrain from helping them for sometime unless I can find an angle to help further my plans. Possibly the corsairs in the area.... I'm not confident about anything yet.

Another surprising development that I think will be the most important next to the big operation i have planned. One of my agents came across an abandoned and disabled Spy base. Here are the photo's he sent. I may need to ponder more over soon:

There are so many positives to this find I can't wrap my head around it. It's far off the beaten path but easy enough to access. It's automated. hardware is a bit outdated but would be easy to install new equipment. It's location is also ideal. And It's perfectly placed to give me plenty of access to the entire sector. The only downsides are the local groups that may not like my presence and the fact that I have no idea who abandoned it. Because of the lack of technology and how early in its development, it leads me to think whoever left it has no desire to return.

I am excited for the new cloaking device my engineers installed. We haven't been able to test it yet but we will find out tomorrow when we test it out.
Things are developing rapidly but all according to plan....

[\|/End of log\|/]

RE: Personal Log - Mr.Cosmos - 12-24-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
....recording log....

My engineers finally fixed the issue with the newly installed cloaking device.

[Image: Nxji2mal.png]

Apparently the batch of batteries that the seller of the device gave us in the deal gave us a bad batch of the batteries that the device uses.

[Image: zBb4kZOl.png]

After purchasing another 1000 fresh unit from another supplier though, the systems seemed to work as designed. This will give us a huge advantage while trying to move undetected. We also had some disturbing news from an agent on the front lines in New London today.

I have had more and more confirmed reports from certain sources that the nomads have recently become more bold in their push into house territory. With plans developing for Operation Domino I foresee, even with the lack of Rheinland support into this war, things will still work with just Kusari support. It is frustrating how at the moment Rheinland and Kusari both are so focused on themselves they refuse to see the real danger in Gallia but I digress. Debating whether I need to contact the Kusari military or not but I think it’s time I seek some advice from the LSF. They may be able to give me insight into my weighed decision.

Unsure of the new satellite outside planet New London but could be a big help as an early warning system to the forces in the New London system to incoming attacks.

I placed an order for a jump drive at Hellas Station in Omicron Theta a few days ago so within the next few days I will have the means of getting to any destination I need to within the sector. This will be my biggest tactical advantage.
Also note to self. I believe then the next move must be to make contact with Kusari or LSF.

[\|/End of log\|/]

RE: Personal Log - Mr.Cosmos - 12-25-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
....recording log....

So I've been having issues with the additional armor plating recently...

[Image: FNaHPO6h.png]

My engineers say that it has something today with the impurities in the refined metals. As such they had to order the replacement armor equipment from Venice Shipyard in an adjacent system after the Outcasts graciously allowed us to purchase it off them. This gave us an advantage though. After a small amount of testing my scientists have came up with a possible better concoction of armor that could prove to be even more effective but further testing will be required.

Their report:
*When mixing High Performance Alloy we were able to fuse nanobots into Aluminum, Vanadium, & Tungsten which in turn allowed them to micro-weave into a superior metal.
*We also noted upon further analysis that when dipping this blend into a vat of Molybdenum there was an increase in efficiency of 23.43%.
*We believe that using this new discovery in an ablative armor plating design would further increase this efficiency another roughly 25%.
*Will follow up when we discover more....

I am confident they will work out the kinks and have it installed by the end of the week. Being in dry dock here at Freeport 10 makes me uneasy when I do my best work and thinking among open space.

The new Jump drive was also delivered today. Talk about 'when it rains it pours'. Luckily enough the man who delivered it to us said it was a simple plug and play device and sure enough it is.

[Image: d6SHGVhh.png]

The device does consume quite a bit of the batteries that are meant to be used with it.

[Image: W270s5fh.png]

We will have to run a few simulations and 1 or 2 in field tests before I am satisfied its within my allowed safety tolerances. The manufacturer never described the parts used into its construction but i'm certain it must have some form of alien influence weaved into its design.

The upgrades to this ship would make my predecessor feel out of place now. Desperate times they say... well i would call these upgrades more like necessary measures instead of desperate. I'm growing a bit impatient though. I did not expect to be sitting in dry dock for this long....

[\|/]End of log[\|/]

RE: Personal Log - Mr.Cosmos - 12-26-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
/-msf > set CMD 'cd \ Cipher2.exe'
....2nd layer of encryption added....
....recording log....

I gave the crews working on ship upgrades the day off. However I came in the next morning to find them all hard at work still at their posts. It's days like this that make me proud of the team we have put together on this old ship. I'll have to make sure I give them extended leave when we get to open space, at least for a few days.

Now normally I do not worry about extra encryption but for this log I am restricting access to anyone else. Not even if I should have a successor. If this turns out to be more than a wild goose chase THEN and only then will I Inform the senior staff, for now the information about this mission will be on a need to know basis.

Last week my research and development team detected an unknown radio signal emanating from deep space far beyond Omicron Theta. The "nerds in the basement" told me not to get my hopes up but whatever was broadcasting the signal was producing a space echo off the object so large it was throwing off their sensors. I decided to start organizing a deep space assignment for a hand picked group of the engineering and science division for this in the hopes it pays off. This is going to severely drain our resources but If my intuitions are correct the payoff will be well worth it. I've already code-named this 'Project Lacchus". The departure of the newly designed ship i've commissioned will leave for its destination in one month and will take at least 6 times that time just to reach its destination. I can only hope that these men trust me with this half brained notion that we may have struck gold, for they may never return...... We shall see.......

....All access restricted....
[\|/End of log\|/]

RE: Personal Log - Mr.Cosmos - 12-27-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
....recording log....

I commissioned one of our scout vessels with myself and a few crew member's to investigate the disabled spy base personally once more.

The images i've collected show that the decay on the outside of the hull leads me to believe it has been dormant for quite a long time. An outside radar dish appears to have been mangled considerably from all the floating rocks and debris from around the station in the asteroid field.
The good news is its docking program is still registering requests from ships which must mean all the on board equipment is still functioning, but since the last visit we are now unable to gain access to the bridge. One of the technicians must have bumped a switch the last time we were here.

I will have to reach out to a few groups to see if they can help us gain access to all the stations systems. I'm also hopeful that once we reach out to the liberty government with a request to claim the derelict base we can make an arrangement that we can both agree too.

[\|/End of log\|/]

RE: Personal Log - Mr.Cosmos - 12-28-2018

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
....recording log....

After a long week of constant 24 work crew shifts the new armor has been installed and our vessel is finally ready to get underway. I have recorded the test flight of the new jump drive we installed. We did test the cloak and it seems to be fully functional. I had my fears that it might produce harmful radiation but the shielding around the core of the device seems to block anything harmful from seeping out. For safety reasons while the cloak is engaged i've ordered the room to be sealed and no one is to reenter without shutting down the device first. We have no need to take any unwarranted risks if we do not need to.

The first jump drive test sent us to New York system in which to avoid a public incident with the Liberty military, our vessel quickly made its way to Ames Research Station in Kepler. After refueling we took a second test trip and ended up in New London. We had a short conversation with a BAF| officer and after explaining the situation to him he allowed us to leave with a warning and we made a 3rd, return, trip to New York where our final stop was again at Ames Station.

On the first trip to Ames upon arrival I noticed there was 2 new stations constructed, which was new intel from what I had last received.

The drives accuracy seemed quite random in the placements. Although I am unsure as to whether it had anything to do with the coordinates we received and that we entered in from the previous owner. Further test will either be required or I will have to reach out to someone who is familiar with the technology.

Much has progressed this month and after submitting my application today to support the Consensus hopefully things will continue to progress....

[\|/End of log\|/]

RE: Mr. Universe Personal Logs - Mr.Cosmos - 01-03-2019

/-Ping ∞
....server found....
....extranet tapped....
....data encrypted....
....recording log....

It has been a crazy week. One of my agents got evidence the other day of an MRG vessel exiting the mooring above New Berlin.

[Image: uhr8zGwl.png]

This confirms my suspicions of them colluding together, or in the least them having some form of alliance. Things also seem to be heating up in Omega-49. I've had a few reports of fighting from Commander Phoenix who seems to think the build-up to an all out engagement is inevitable. For this reason, I've permanently stationed him at the orbital station above Gran Canaria. My hope is that things can be resolved peacefully, but should things escalate I do not wish to leave my fellow Zoners defenseless.

Lincoln also reported today that things seem to be moving forward slowly but steadily with the construction of the Athena. I decided to move back our timetable a bit to ensure that we do not compromise the integrity of the vessel simply to launch on time. I also told him that as long as he keeps the budget within reason we will not have an issue with the funding for this project. The money we spend with Project Lacchus will be insignificant compared to what we will gain from this mission.

[\|/End of log\|/]