Discovery Gaming Community
To the Unioners of Leipheim Base - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To the Unioners of Leipheim Base (/showthread.php?tid=166704)

To the Unioners of Leipheim Base - WesternPeregrine - 12-18-2018

[Image: vMCkR7x.jpg?1]
"Shimonoseki" Ueno Kenta

Greetings ladies and gentlemen . I believe some introductions are required on this message. I am Ueno of Shimonoseki, a long time agent of the underworld of Kusari, both in its political activism, as well as in the field of less than legit trade deals.

I have been attempting to set up some contacts inside Kusari to siphon some most sought goods in and across the border, and the progress has evolved considerably. So much that I have started pondering extending my services to the Rheinland border, and to the Unioners in particular.

While I have not much to show for you at this point, I come to request your consent to dock and trade with your agents in the Sigmas and in the eastern systems of Rheinland, no strings attached. Following some days of knowing of your needs and operations in the area, I might eventually propose something a bit more ambitious and appetizing for both parties.

In the meantime, consider me as a contact across the border, and a friend who might help you with getting some foreign goods that might seem hard to find in Rheinland blackmarket.

Death to the Tyrants, Power to the Brave and Bold,
Shimonoseki no Ueno

RE: To the Unioners of Leipheim Base - The Syndicate Leagues - 12-18-2018

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: NCRapYO.gif]
Arbeitsdirektor Corin Frei

Incoming Transmission
[Image: t4wyEVc.png]
Unionised Peoples of Syndicalist Advocacy

To: Shimonoseki Ueno, Sorka Duclonov.
Subject: Cross-border trade.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"You, and the Hogosha, honour us."

"Although we have not enjoyed direct diplomatic contact since the Garen years, the Union’s perspective towards the Hogosha remains unchanged. We admire your dedication, your resourcefulness. You are brothers in the artefact trade and you remain committed to safeguarding the traditions of Kusari just as we remain committed to safeguarding the traditions of the Rhein. We have both long remained the staunch opposition of the Gas Mining Guild. The Union honours and respects the Hogosha as a movement as long-storied as our own.

I had concerns that the border war within Sigma Twenty One would have soured the Hogosha against the Rheinland underworld – it is pleasing to see that firmer minds have carry the spirit of the times. We support Hogosha incursions into our territory and will happily protect the Hogosha from any federal raids your transports may endure whilst crossing the lines. We advise that the Hogosha takes full utilisation of the Sigma fifteen to Munich corridor. It is a back-road few of our shared enemies properly account. Kusari is filled with highly sensitive electronics, optronics, quantum processor production, artinsal goods, machined goods and cultural artefacts that are of great value to Rheinland, both above and below the law. Equally, the Unioners are dependent upon imports. In return, we can provide thorium MOX, artifacts, premier Rheinlandic and Libertonian military technology, which, I am sure, is in plentiful demand by the Keiretsu, shipbuilding, narcotics from the depths of gallic space, firearms, and yet more besides. We are well-suited for one another, Hogosha.

You claim to value bravery. That bold, decisive strokes make for the finest of cuts. As you wish, Shimonoseki. The Union is willing to grant your transports residence at our bases in exchange for the same at Hogosha stations. A bold move truly, to establish trading contacts in a region wracked by war. But even in war, there is opportunity. Perhaps we may create prosperity for both of our houses whilst imbalanced hearts try to take them apart? We will see.

We are a long way from establishing a mutual trade outpost, of course. But every relationship must start with the smaller gestures. Come to Leipheim, master Shimonoseki; you will experience a taste of what the Unions have to offer bold individuals such as yourself.

I offer you Sorka Duclonov, a former coalition citizen, who…. Saw where the rainbows touched earth, down here in the Rheinland core systems. He will provide you with that which you seek.

"Welcome to the Rheinland underworld, Hogosha. Watch where you're headed, and she'll never lead you astray."

[/size]
[font=Trebuchet MS]

You cannot cut off the tongue, of a man who speaks through his acts.
C.Frei.
Comrade Arbeiter of the Cologne system.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.

RE: To the Unioners of Leipheim Base - WesternPeregrine - 01-14-2019

Shimonoseki Ueno

Thank you for your spirited words, Mr. Frei. Although I do not come as a representative of the Hogosha, I have a few acquaintances among them that are interested in my work, and they would be interested in seeing this small cooperation to develop further. I look forward to bountiful deals with you and herr Sorka Duclonov.

Efforts to go ahead with the establishment of the network at our side of the fence have moved ahead smoothly, and we will soon establish a more stable presence in the sigmas. It's time for a more on hands approach to the Unioner corridors.

We are interested in opening a small smuggling annex on the Rheinland border, where to siphon goods bound to Kusari, as well as providing an entry port for our own provisions to the Rheinland underworld. Since our reputation is quite insignificant in the area, and our muscle equally absent, we are projecting this as a joint operation with the Unioners of Leipheim for security and maintenance. This annex would be built under the careful watch of the Unioners, secured by your men. The wharehouse be administered by our team, with Unioner councilors being consulted on every important change, and maintained by our efforts. Unioners would be rewarded by their cooperation through preferential deals on goods and prices, and by a cut of the profits generated, once the the outpost has reached economic stability.

We already have some ideas of what Rheinland can provide, through the efforts of the Unioners, and our mingling with your quartermasters have shown some material necessities that we can arrange to be met. All we require is the consent to set up shop under your auspicious watch.

Do let me know what are your thoughts on the matter. If you prefer a more direct face to face negotiation, I can arrange it in the near future.

Shimonoseki no Ueno

RE: To the Unioners of Leipheim Base - WesternPeregrine - 01-22-2019

Shimonoseki Ueno

Mr. Frei, I'm pleased to announce that with the collaboration of the local leadership of Leipheim, our little project is advancing well. The wise people of Munich decided to invoke the ancient plancename of Styria to brand our humble outpost. May it rise to prominence as a hallmark in Rheinland for the coming years.

Still, there is work to be done, and patrols to avoid. I can rely on my people and contacts to gather the required equipment for improvements, but I'm sure the Unioners will, and I've seen the interest, in doing their contribution to the effort by their own means. Diligence and initiative is good, but may they all know that discretion is advised. Rheinland enforcers might be weary to face your man at arms in their regular patrols, but they might get curious when they see more than a glimpse of a transport or two.

I'll keep you updated on my progress on Styria and on the other projects of the Shimonoseki. Enjoy your evening.

Shimonoseki no Ueno