Discovery Gaming Community
CS-01 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: CS-01 (/showthread.php?tid=166741)

CS-01 - Vovasishe - 12-20-2018

Omega 49 | Planet Sydney

“Alright everyone, listen up. The Admiral want us to establish a Forward Operations Base to keep watch on CS-01. It must be well-hidden and protected as well. I'd like to set up shop in… that cave, sector 7-A."

Wilson pointed on the map.

“But if you got other ideas, feel free to share it with us.”

Major Wilson looked at his team. John Parker- the designated sniper of the 23-2-2 nodded.

“I'm agree with you, sir. FOB in that cave is a really good idea. We can get OPSEC up to cover 5 clicks of terrain around us.”

Major looked at other member Steve Newton. Steve was the responsible for the medic unit in their team, and was currently re-checking people's vitals due to their foray into a radiated area.

“Indeed, sir. If it's deep enough, we can setup a good decon site.”

Major looked at the Radio Operator- Claude Perkins. Perkins hung up his DMR on his shoulder and looked at the terrain elevations around the cave in the map.

“Guess you're right, sir. Going to be slightly iffy to get comms online, but I can make do. On your command.”

The other members of the 23'rd 2-2 nodded at the Major in agreement. Wilson stored away the small data-pad into one of his jacket pockets and stood up.

“Great. We got a job, and I want it done in thirty minutes. When we establish the FOB, I'll contact the Admiral and ask her the new set of orders. Move out!”

38 minutes later, Omega-49 | Planet Sydney

[Image: unknown-81.png?width=739&height=462]

“Hellbound Actual, this is Black John, over.”

Silence was the answer and Wilson looked at Perkins that was working on a console to the side. Perkins nodded and signaled at Wilson to try again.

"Hellbound Actual, this is Black John, over.”

“Black John, authorization code.”

"Beta Tango 241 - Chalice."

"Authorization confirmed, Hellbound Actual acknowledged. Zeta-2 High Mountain."

Wilson pulled up his code book and validated that it was the proper reply for a secure uplink.

"Black John acknowledged. This is Major Wilson, 23rd 2-2."

"Understood, patching up Admiral Dagon."

"Major Wilson, report."

“Ma'am. The 23rd 2-2 has established a safe FOB with sight of CS-01 and we have secured the area. We are awaiting your orders. Over.”

RE: CS-01 - Kaze - 12-20-2018

Omega-49 | Unknown Sector

Kaze doubled checked the batteries on her Kusarian KY-14R, and started to mentally go through the process to take it apart to check on its individual parts. She was partial to Kusarian made weaponry. Adaptive was a word that came to mind. She clicked a button in the main body of the blaster and the barrel and handle extended outwards, changing the whole aspect of the blaster. Turning to the main comm on top of her desk she replied to Wilson.

"The order arrived minutes ago, Major. Snowfall is a go. So expect boots hitting the dirt in the next two hours."

Precisely removing the components, Kaze placed each one on top of the the desk that was now becoming littered by the second, carefully inspecting each one.

"I know that you and your team have been moving for the past eighteen hours, so tell them to get some shut-eye. I want you and yours up and ready to do a cover insertion in the settlement from the north. If you check your data-files, you will see that the main power generator is on that end, heavily guarded by the local militia. At least one heavy TZC-670 parked there at all times, according to the 1st Dragoons intel."

[Image: g3372iy.png]

"It's Rheinland make. Old, yes, very old. Probably salvage from the 80 Year War. But still a threat to your team. Me and the 45th 7-3 'Buzzard' Regiment will be dropping hot in the south. Air coverage is provided by the 72nd Wing of the 15th Calv. Six Challengers and Templars. Use the diversion of the drop-shock and get that power generator down for the count. First touch from the 45th will have a close-by Hellfire barrage by the 72nd, so watch your position. After that, your unit is to move to the ridge, two clicks out north, and pick off stragglers with long range weaponry. If you need a fire team to support you on the ridge, I can transfer one of mech units to you."

Putting both her hands on her waist, she looked at the veritable collection of components. 28, to be exact. Picking up a small cloth and a multi-tool, she started to clean the first component.

"Understood, Major?"