Discovery Gaming Community
[Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria (/showthread.php?tid=166777)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Alley - 12-21-2018

Sunset on Gran Canaria
Contested Territory Event

Rule Changes
● Any PVP deaths suffered by non-generic IDs in Omega-49 have a reduced cooldown time of 30 minutes instead of the standard 1 hour.
● Zoners may pirate and engage any ship in Omega-49. They may also ally with anyone except Nomads.
● All ships may be engaged and pirated in Omega-49 regardless of ID lines.

Background
Bretonia has proclaimed its annexation of the Omega-49 system in a public announcement, plunging the system into total chaos.

Description
This event will allow the local factions to participate in shaping the future of this event. The precision in regards to the Zoners is to ensure everyone understand they may engage of their own will, unlike the current self-defense line of ther ID. We have also given them complete freedom in regards to their individual actions and allegiances.

As usual, don't get mad. This is a game. Go have fun.

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Thunderer - 12-21-2018

Should have named it "Winter's Coming". The operation is called Snowfall, Winter started today and Planet Sydney is soon entering an ice age.

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - TheShooter36 - 12-21-2018

● All ships may be engaged and pirated in Omega-49 regardless of ID lines.

That line means every ID gains zoi in O49 for the duration of event?

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Lanakov - 12-21-2018

No. It means those who have ZOI in O49 can do whatever they please with you.

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Stoner_Steve - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 07:21 PM)Alley Wrote: This event will allow the local factions to participate in shaping the future of the Omega-49 system.

Does this mean that the zoners have a chance to stop the annexation or are we still being railroaded into losing the planet?

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Alley - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 08:27 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 07:21 PM)Alley Wrote: This event will allow the local factions to participate in shaping the future of the Omega-49 system.

Does this mean that the zoners have a chance to stop the annexation or are we still being railroaded into losing the planet?

Bad choice of words on my end. I can't guarantee you anything in regards to the story as that's not my stuff and I am not told anything regarding it. When it comes to server consequences though, just like Freeport 11 the event will evolve based on the general roleplay and actions performed, which will cause different sub-events to happen.

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Kazinsal - 12-21-2018

This is a standard administration-run server event, not an official story event. The course of this event is not guaranteed to result in any changes in the storyline, though considering the Omega-49 arc has been player-driven, the results of this event may be taken into account as the story arc for Omega-49 unfolds and is canonized.

It is safe to assume that if an event is not listed as an official story event, and it is not posted by a development team lead, then its results are not guaranteed to be used in story development.

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Nightowl - 12-21-2018

Just a Rule-Question: is the default Zoner-ID a non-gerenic-ID?

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Alley - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 09:46 PM)Nightowl Wrote: Just a Rule-Question: is the default Zoner-ID a non-gerenic-ID?

The Zoner Id is not a Generic Id.

RE: [Server Event] - Sunset on Gran Canaria - Wesker - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 08:47 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: Omega-49 arc has been player-driven, the results of this event may be taken into account as the story arc for Omega-49 unfolds and is canonized.

[Image: 60631-1532336916.jpg]

Kaz, you're an inspired developer but you're a terrible liar.

Now, me being truthful I think this arc is interesting, I figured a while back while being alerted to pending New London changes by @Gagadug. that Bretonia would do something of this nature in Omega-5. Since it would coat their desperation for livespace with the obvious conflict with the Corsairs, justifying an attack on Cadiz and since Gran Canaria by its infocard is entering an Ice age and would not be suitable for livespace.

Oh boy was I wrong.

Looking back at the discord logs, gaga victor and I took note of this before hand. We shelved it thinking it wouldn't amount to anything seriously stupid, perhaps just the brets wanting to add another colony.

Oh boy where we wrong.

Gagadug09/09/2018
But about 49, the devs will make us attack the system with the goal to take the planet

Skipping ahead now to november, Victor calls me on discord right as I wake up to discuss a bunch of garabge revolving around story development. Gagadug comes to me in pm stating that the Omega-49 fight will most definitely be going down. He and victor don't like the idea at all and think it's ludicrous. Naturally, I tell them to protest the move, to not comply at all. To roleplay not entering the system. The response?

Wesker.exe11/24/2018
There are two ways we can do this.
Personally I prefer my option.
Change is coming about in the dev policy, first with tau-29
I propose we just don’t do what they want at all.
Force them to retcon
Gagadug11/24/2018
Ive talked about that with them, they wont allow that
Wesker.exe11/24/2018
Force them to dictate the storyline, then
Gagadug11/24/2018
They're stonewalling even the option
Wesker.exe11/24/2018
Make them look like hypocrites
Then protests start
Gagadug11/24/2018
That wont happen, we're going to play along or they'll kill the entire house
We're not like 99% of all other factions that cant die in one update
Wesker.exe11/24/2018
Did they say that to you.
In context
Gagadug11/24/2018
no
but they did mention that the end of the war is still open(edited)
so yea
im not going to risk it

Now, in the devs defense when I confronted Xarlok about this in the development chat he dismissed it as a rumor. When I told the devs in response that this was the reason anyone was complying from the Bretonian side (that the reason was their faction was being held at gunpoint) I got no response. So yes ladies and gents, this entire thing has been pressed by BAF 1ic and 2ic on the notion of losing their house otherwise. They were not aware, or at least Gagadug was not aware that the implication he herd was just an implication and nothing more.

Make no mistake however NONE of the leaders wanted this at all. This entire situation has been what Sombra mentioned to me before - the devs moving the NPC assets and the players representing it. Yes, this goes for SCRA| SCEC| [TBH] BAF| [RHA] and as we can see the Zoner playerbase is quite infuriated. Never mind the fact that Canaria's infocard might be tweaked to save them from the ice age ( :

I do not hate the developers as people and I do not think this is the /worst/ approach for Bretonia. This has given the Corsair playerbase a chance to recover, but don't think for a second I'll take this "player driven" ***** like it's legit at all. This whole thing has boiled down many people specifically the angry Austrailian BAF 2ic who's had to try to negotiate, get flamed by everyone and then loose his temper again.

Victor Steiner12/03/2018
That's not our ***** decison. We want to Pull out ffs. I've said this how many ***** times?

There's no way in hell I can let you just lie like that rofl, the players deserve to know what's actually happening. The instances regarding the Gallic war are (not completely but mostly to my knowledge) player driven. This is nothing of that sort. Gagadug's paranoia might be to blame, maybe I should've confronted the devs earlier. But of course, everyone also thought this "myth" of gaga and BAF being extorted was a reality.