Discovery Gaming Community
To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. (/showthread.php?tid=166782)

To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. - Yazov - 12-21-2018

22nd of December, 741 A.G.S.
New London System
[Image: x9xscge.png]

Sender: Lieutenant Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.
Recipient: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup.
Catégorie: Urgente

Bonjour, Amiral.

I will get straight to the point. The day on Le Cendre started as an utter mess. A word from Carillon spred with a speed of a lighting about an intercepted, poorly encrypted transmission, that was directed to all the inhabitants of Omega-49 - a system that is directly bordering Dublin and so far have been of minor interest to us.
The update on the local state of affairs, however, should shift our attention to it.

Naturally, wiping the rest of the sleep off my eyes as i have jumped into my flight suit and hopped onto my fighter - i went ahead to investigate everything on the spot.

The initial survey of the planet's vicinity have barely shown any traces of Bretonian activity.
However, as i have proceeded with my flight, it have became clear that they have at least one battlegroup assigned to annex the system.
I have proceeded without hesitation to preserve the gathered intel on a more formidable drive rather than the black box of my ship, and, on my way, have encountered quite an exciting entity. Who at first appeared to be a corporate rat - actually turned out to be quite a reasonable mercenary. I think we are going to hear more of him... in time, which is going to show if he considered my proposition properly.

Eventually, i have ended up returning to the Gran Canaria. The news of the planet's annexation announcement have spreaded widely in a matter of hours, and it's high orbit collected quite a gathering, only confirming my assumption of it raising a great resonance throughout their allies and enemies alike.

Should Bretonians ever succeed in annexing Gran Canaria and acquiring it's vast Deuterium deposits - it might be that much needed breath of fresh air, that will not only bolster their resolve, but also their resistance at New London, as their economy will receive a significant new incrusion, and they will also have a relatively safe spot to place their new ship maintenance facilities.
This is not something we can afford and, as such - i would have a suggestion to discuss.
But this is not a matter to be discussed over the Neural Net, a personal meeting is highly preferred.

Sincèrement

Marine Royal Gauloise, Lieutenant Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.

Attachments:

d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-1.img d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-2.img d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-3.img
d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-4.img d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-5.img d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-6.img
d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-7.img d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-8.img d-blmnd-lnx-o-49-9.img

d-blmnd-lnx-pl-1.img

Transmission Terminée

RE: To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. - Lanakov - 12-23-2018

MARINE ROYALE GAULOISE
[Image: eS29bZ3.gif]
Nouveau message entrant.
Identifiant : Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Unité : Etat-major de la Marine Royale Gauloise
Destinataire : Enseigne de Vaisseau Emilie-Sophie de Belmond
[Image: 1515616180-isabelle-montlaville-de-chanteloup.png]
Sujet : Tamaran.
23 décembre, 741 A.G.S.
Ile-de-France

A brooding Chanteloup appears on the screen.

Lieutenant,

Thank you for that report. The news have been making the rounds ever since our intelligence services picked it up, and your work clarifies a few points. I have taken the liberty of reaching out to our Corsair friends about this. As you know, they will be on the frontline of this development. Not Gallia, for reasons I hope you are capable of guessing.

That being said, the Marine Royale will not stand idly by. As you pointed out, the annexation of Canaria would embolden the suffocating Bretonians. I dislike that notion. Last month, I had set up a special task force meant to monitor the developing situation in Omega 49, which I called Tamaran. You are now a part of it, along with EV Hannart. But the mandate of Tamaran is no longer to simply monitor.

I have been ordered back on the command bridge of the Téméraire battleship, located in London at present. I demand that you meet me there at your earliest possible convenience. I need to hear about your plan. If it proves acceptable, I will push it higher up. Don't waste my time, I have none left to spare. But I enjoy the initiative, lieutenant. Keep it up.

I will be waiting.

Chanteloup turns her icy attention on another display and starts barking orders as the feed fades.

RE: To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. - Yazov - 12-23-2018

24nd of December, 723 A.G.S.
New London System

Sender: Lieutenant Lieutenant Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.
Catégorie: Urgente

Tres bien.

I will attend the meeting as soon as possible.

Sincèrement

Marine Royal Gauloise, Lieutenant Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.

Attachments:

<Non>

Transmission Terminée

RE: To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. - Yazov - 03-06-2019

of January, 742 A.G.S.
New London System

Sender: Capitaine Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.
Catégorie: Urgente.

Bonjour, Amiral.

It looks like that desperation of Bretonians have reached it's climax.

As we speak these pesky teasippers, along with the petty microstate that proudly refers to itself as Crayter Republic are outright oppressing our Tau allies, the Independent Miners guild.
It have also caught my attention that we got a communique from them. I am uncertain about it's containments but i would bet my monthly earnings that it's a call for backup, which is entiry justified in their dire situation.

Which is why i have a proposition to repurpose Task Force Tamaran – with the actual occupation of Gran Canaria our plans are no longer viable and it's usefulness within the changed environment have drastically decreased – from active preparations for ground warfare operations to occassional space raids against the Bretonian forces.

Our resources are abundant – but not infinite.

In the light of these events i strongly suggest to put the task force under my command to a better use and relocate it to the separated Bretonian system of Newcastle, to the RNS Embrun, from where they'll be able to act as a quick response strike force that might assist in repelling the attacks on the Independent Miners Guild assets within the system.

I'd like to hear your thoughts before things are set in motion.

Sincèrement

Marine Royal Gauloise, Capitaine Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.

Attachments:

<Non>

Transmission Terminée

RE: To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. - Yazov - 04-12-2019

12th of April, 742 A.G.S.
New London System

Sender: Commandant Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.
Catégorie: Urgente.

Bonjour, Amiral.

It have been a while since our last discussion on the strategic matters.
I thought it would be a shame to give a go of such a fine tradition, which is why i am once again addressing you today.
The matter, however, is deliberately distant from the New London offensive, to which all our eyes - and, to an extent, eyes of the whole Sirius are focused on.

Meanwhile, it seems we have started to forget that in December of 741 A.G.S., after a failed Counseil attempt to hinder our operations at Issoudun, battlegroup Montmorency have tracked down the origin of the sabotage group and have caught Le Boulou in a surprise attack, overwhelming it's defenders and effectively leaving battlegroup Pamiers as the only obstacle between Montromercy and Toulouse.

I think that we have allowed the Counseil too much freedom of maneuvers in the system, with them evacuating whatever valuable is left on Toulouse without significant intrusion from our side - most of our resources are committed to the New London offensive.

[Image: FBtlPhE.gif]

Everything that was done in Roussillion so far is a mere preliminary scouting that have revealed a major force of Le Conseil accompanied by the minor presence of the Brigands and Maquis at the areas marked on the map.
The Montromercy supply lines are raided often enough, along with the daring attacks on the Montromercy herself, thinning the powers of the cohort, while Pamiers and her battlegroup are entrenching themselves, forging a nigh impenetrable defense between the Perpignan and the Toulouse.

What i am suggesting is another system-wide blitz, a tactics that have already proven viable in the New London.
Shortly before the blitz another battlegroup will enter the system through the Edinburgh anomaly and will approach the Brigands positions, veiled from the sensor networks by the nebula. The Montmorency will start moving once the Brigands are got rid of, will break through the Maquis positions east of the star.

These measures will effectively have Pamiers flanked and with no window of opportunity to escape. Then, Sarcelles and Montromercy will destroy the defending Counseil battlegroup in a joint attack. Montromercy will then take the position of the decimated hostile battleship while Sarcelles cohort will move onwards at full speed, stopping the relief transports from leaving, imprisoning as much of their personnel as possible.

We shall succeed if we act swiftly and decisively.

Sincèrement

Marine Royal Gauloise, Commandant Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.

Attachments:

<Non>

Transmission Terminée

RE: To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. - Yazov - 08-21-2019

Message entrant

Sender: Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.
Recipient: Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup.

Hello, Isabelle.

I can't help it but to ask - have this single defeat driven you nuts? If so - then you better come back to your senses and open your eyes. War is cruel by the nature of it, your most common adversaries on it are soldiers and they know what they are signing up for when they enlist and get mobilised to the front lines. But when you decide to give an absolutely ridicolous order to rain death on the heads of your own soldiers and citizens, civilians that have never asked for this war and got caught in the middle of it not by their own will.

Unfortunately - you have falied to pass the loyalty test. To our Home, to those soldiers who held trust in you. And there is only one way this can end now.
Run.
Hide. Play my prey to my heart's content. There is no God bestowed upon us to punish for the crime you have committed, so it will be handled by the mortal hands. My hands.
I will hunt you down, even if following you through the shadows of hell is what it takes.

Say your prayers, and prepare for the inevitable.
Au Revoir.

~Emilie-Sophie de Belmond.

Transmission Terminée

RE: To: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup. - Lanakov - 08-21-2019

MARINE ROYALE GAULOISE
[Image: eS29bZ3.gif]
Nouveau message entrant.
Identifiant : Amiral de Gaule Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Unité : Inconnu, signal corrompu
Destinataire : Unimportant
VISUAL FEED COMPROMISED
Sujet : Irrelevant.
Inconnu, signal corrompu

The transmission starts on a blank screen. Chanteloup's distorted voice can barely be heard.

Belmond,

I need no reminder that you never had the stomach for actual warfare or any use past that of bullet magnet. I knew that before.
Billions want me dead already, and most of them more important and capable than you, so I will waste no further time on your case. I have done so enough.

I'll see you in hell.

The transmission cuts abruptly.