Discovery Gaming Community
Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? (/showthread.php?tid=166891)

Pages: 1 2

Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - Lythrilux - 12-26-2018

I did one of these in the past, and as we approach the new year I'd be interested to see how people's habits may have changed.

Basically, if you need to find out some information about something in Disco (literally anything) where do you look first? What's the most accessible platform for you to get information from?

And newer members of the community, what's your first pick for getting information about something?

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - Chrysalis - 12-26-2018

Depending on the information. All of the above.

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - PhoenixClaw - 12-26-2018

honestly depends on what I'm looking for... But my first look is most times the completely outdated wiki

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - Cursetantine - 12-26-2018

Wiki for ship/equipment/place names
Navmap/Companion for navigating and exploring
Discord or forum for RP or faction related stuff
Infocards and rumors are just fun to read and adds to RP for me

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - PhoenixClaw - 12-26-2018

(12-26-2018, 04:04 PM)Chi Wrote: Wiki for ship/equipment/place names
Navmap/Companion for navigating and exploring
Discord or forum for RP or faction related stuff
Infocards and rumors are just fun to read and adds to RP for me

exactly this

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - Kauket - 12-26-2018

you know you can just get the infocards outside of the game right, you don't have to login

and looking for information is based on what you're looking for, lore? probably read the system infocards, ship stats? obviously flstat. got lost in a system? online navmap.

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - Cursetantine - 12-26-2018

(12-26-2018, 04:14 PM)Auzari Wrote: you know you can just get the infocards outside of the game right, you don't have to login

and looking for information is based on what you're looking for, lore? probably read the system infocards, ship stats? obviously flstat. got lost in a system? online navmap.

It's more entertaining to read those stuff as you play though.Like the free popcorn they serve you in a pub. Perhaps that's just me but opening FLStat and reading up feels dull.

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - Sombs - 12-26-2018

There are plenty of forum threads I use to find out certain things, for example the pimpship thread as it contains all the internal names of the ships. Aside from that, Online-Navmap + FLStats for anything normal and FL Mod Studio for anything beyond that.

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - LaWey - 12-26-2018

Wiki for fast search old ships appearance, milkshape->blender for looking and compare ingame ships, flstat for stats obviously, online navmap when it up to date, FLComp when it not, infocards/rumors for "hard" lore, forums for some tutorials and useful links, IDs lines, Tags and PoBs tracking + current cybering stance, mactan for techcomp.

RE: Where do you look for important Discovery-related information? - xiphos - 12-26-2018

Voted for Third Party FLStat, Navmap, Companion. But generally i use all of the options.

For fast and always up-to-date info FLStat, Navmap & the Companion. They are definately the best tools for a Disco player. Without a doubt.

The Wikipedia when i don't need an answer fast, for historical stuff like how a Base or a System changed over the years. Or for old Ships And for the looks, because both the Companion & FLStat are eye cancer. Hard to look at this excel based black and white stuff.
The Wiki Commodity page to get a quick overview about what's available and for Info about mineable, contrabanded & Player base stuff. System pages are generally up-to-date after the last editing session. Base pages from A to S are cool too. The rest will be updated soon. Ship/Equipment pages are also not that horribly outdated.

The only thing that is really outdated are the faction pages and its lore content in particularly. The rest of the Wiki is definately useful. I also noticed a few peeps using the new Base/System Pictures for their threads. A good sign and a little kudo for the work the people invest to keep the Wikipedia alive.

Forum threads for RP inof, Faction info or Lore in generell because of the mentioned problem with the Wiki faction/lore pages.