Discovery Gaming Community
Weapons, Factions and Planets - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Weapons, Factions and Planets (/showthread.php?tid=166902)

Weapons, Factions and Planets - Diablo666Daemon666 - 12-27-2018

I was just wondering if anything can be done to allow ships and/or missions to be gotten from the Robot and Monkey planets out in the "Nomad" areas??

I found those planets in Freelancer a long time ago.

Would it be possible to make them FACTIONS too? Maybe not the Monkey dudes, but the Robots? Why are they there anyway, were they some kind of AI sent out by the humans many years ago to explore the far reaches of space?

Also, journeying into the Nomad "Dyson Sphere" makes lots of red arrows turn up, but no actual Nomads arrive, is it possible to have Nomads actually spawn there? Maybe have a small base for repair and rearming of Nomad ships?

Nomad MISSIONS would be fun too...

Why do cruise disruptors stop my ship when I am SLIDING? That is, after cruising, I cut my engine and simply drift forwards. After all, cruise disruptors are simply meant to stop a ship cruising, right?

Finally, many years ago, you guys nerfed the fire rate of the ChainGun Wildfire Cannons. Could the Damage output of this weapon be scaled UP to match that of other (similar) weapons so that it is not ENTIRELY useless?? After all, it CAN be looted from certain derelict ships, but in its nerfed state, it is virtually useless. It's also not worth much money when you sell it...

Other than that, loving the game, and I will continue to play when I can.
Admiral Ackbar in his Gunship must be getting a little restless without me!!
IT'S A TRAP!

RE: Weapons, Factions and Planets - Antonio - 12-27-2018

(12-27-2018, 01:00 PM)Diablo666Daemon666 Wrote: Why do cruise disruptors stop my ship when I am SLIDING? That is, after cruising, I cut my engine and simply drift forwards. After all, cruise disruptors are simply meant to stop a ship cruising, right?

Because of balance. Otherwise you couldn't stop a ship that managed to cruise and press engine kill before the CD hits - it would not only ruin piracy but also impact capital ship fights (cruising up on smaller caps is a common tactic) and change snubfights drastically (for the worse IMO - everyone would fly the same like on HHC and all variety between ships would be gone as turn rate would be by far the most prevailing stat). It's not something that makes sense, but it's necessary and shouldn't be changed.

RE: Weapons, Factions and Planets - Misfit - 12-27-2018

The AI are a faction in the game, you can find their planet in the Omicron Kappa system.

The many red arrows are supposed to be "phantom dots" as they're called on traditional radar. They are supposed to simulate your ship's radar being confused and thinking there are many more hostiles around than there are actually are. I'm pretty sure nomads do spawn in the Omicron Major system, but I know they certainly do in the nomad worlds around there.

Wildfire chainguns haven't been a usable weapon in quite a few mod versions. There are many old weapons that you can still loot from some wrecks, like the vanilla guns, but this doesn't mean you should use them. You'll notice they don't have a weapon class number and they can be mounted anywhere. It is not a weapon that is intended for you as a player to use, so you should ignore these kinds of guns entirely.

RE: Weapons, Factions and Planets - SnakeLancerHaven - 12-27-2018

Yep, the Artificial Intelligence or Gammu AI are a thing. Current official faction is the Collective. That's another thing which the community did a great job in expanding on the existing Lore. Just like the Rumors about a coalition saboteur force on Hispania, the same with the Robots on Gammu all of them have been brought to life.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=479

RE: Weapons, Factions and Planets - Binski - 12-27-2018

(12-27-2018, 01:00 PM)Diablo666Daemon666 Wrote: Also, journeying into the Nomad "Dyson Sphere" makes lots of red arrows turn up, but no actual Nomads arrive, is it possible to have Nomads actually spawn there? Maybe have a small base for repair and rearming of Nomad ships?

Head out there when server population is really low, many nomad npc's of all kinds show up!

RE: Weapons, Factions and Planets - Diablo666Daemon666 - 03-07-2019

Ah, well, its good to know all this info. I did used to love that chaingun wildfire...

Here's something though: How come when you do engine kill, your ship slows down?
There is no friction or gravity in space, so there would be nothing to slow your ship down.

Non engine-kill slowdown is a viable thing in certain space-sim games.
Would the mechanics of this game stop that from working though...?

RE: Weapons, Factions and Planets - Diablo666Daemon666 - 03-07-2019

How do I go about getting my characters back, as I have been off for a while and the game has updated since then.
I last played when the (new) canon was the start of the Gallic war.

And, what happened to the NOMAD jumpgate thing (Middle-right sector) in Alaska System?

RE: Weapons, Factions and Planets - Master Smith - 03-07-2019

(03-07-2019, 06:36 PM)Diablo666Daemon666 Wrote: How do I go about getting my characters back, as I have been off for a while and the game has updated since then.
I last played when the (new) canon was the start of the Gallic war.

This : Aid for veterans