Discovery Gaming Community
My name is Hannigan Smith. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: My name is Hannigan Smith. (/showthread.php?tid=167242)

My name is Hannigan Smith. - Hannigan Smith - 01-10-2019

Hello, players of Discovery Freelancer.

My name is Hannigan Smith, in game. My real life name, Mihai Sebastian Petre. Romanian. And I can't seem to find a boxed copy of Freelancer in any store in the country where I live.

Many years ago, my father had a friend in Germany who gave me a disc, that wasn't however from a boxed copy, and that had its content burned from an official disc, in English, with exactly that one game, Freelancer, and before I got that disc, I got a demo of the game Freelancer in a magazine I can't find in my house anymore. I enjoyed the whole thing. Until, in 2009, I encountered a problem, that gave me my first ever Blue Screen of Death. I had to reload via the autosave after meeting the Freya and going through the Jump Gate. The plot stopped. No mission waypoints. After a while, I managed to get the bug. And made it to Bruchsal. Most likely the BSod was because of the NVIDIA card I had. Then I started playing the mods after finding ModDB. Then, found Discovery. And everything I knew about Freelancer changed. Forever.

I just happen to love sci-fi too much. Binge-watching Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, Star Trek, series and movies (all of them, until Into Darkness, which was still in cinemas by the time until it came), watching Babylon 5 on disc (yes, I also enjoy Star Wars, but everyone knows they love Star Wars), and playing sci-fi. From Freespace to Freelancer, not a single sci-fi game escaped my eyes.

But eventually, I have to say a lot about sci-fi and science recently. Just lost Stephen Hawking. Personally, in FPS sci-fi, Half-Life was like the first game I ever played.

And rest in peace just about everyone in sci-fi who died recently. For Carrie Fisher, I will never forgive anything about her death. May the Force be with her, always.

Love you all.

A pen friend from Romania,
Mihai Sebastian Petre

RE: My name is Hannigan Smith. - Enkidu - 01-10-2019

Welcome to the community, friend.

RE: My name is Hannigan Smith. - Hannigan Smith - 01-10-2019

Actually, I would have liked to use the nickname A Fighter as my forum name.

But I just happened to have used the character name I have on the server for my name.

About having Freelancer however, I did know this: why is there a free download link for an ISO? There are still some copies out there. I do know it's out of print, unless Chris Roberts gives us a free token for Freelancer with Star Citizen, fully remastered (Wink) , knowing however it's impossible with the source material being lost, for both a remaster and even to be offered the game. A free token for the game along a copy of Star Citizen would be bliss, and please, I do read books. I like the Foundation. Almost finished Earth.

RE: My name is Hannigan Smith. - Burning - 01-10-2019

Quote:About having Freelancer however, I did know this: why is there a free download link for an ISO?

Not going to link it here due to possible consequences, but you'll find it very quickly after a google search. You can change your username somewhere in the options I think.

Hey look, the download link for Freelancer was, and still is in the Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide thread under Help and Support, in the Newcomer's Section page, within Discovery Gaming Community.
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=126999

RE: My name is Hannigan Smith. - NoMe - 01-10-2019

hello and welcome,

my.name.is.lu,

RE: My name is Hannigan Smith. - Zoners of Galileo - 01-12-2019

welcome to discovery

RE: My name is Hannigan Smith. - [H]- Base - 01-13-2019

hello and welcome

RE: My name is Hannigan Smith. - TheShooter36 - 01-13-2019

Welcome to eternal love and everlasting hell.