Discovery Gaming Community
System Inquiry - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: System Inquiry (/showthread.php?tid=16732)

System Inquiry - stewcool - 02-20-2009

Is there a reason why the Planet in Omega-15, next to the junker base, has an
atmospheric range of approximately 4k?

Is this on purpose or a mismanaged planet?

If it's not correct is it fixed in 4.85?

I flew my ship towards it and it's atmosphere is so large I didnt get anywhere close to it.
Nor did I get a warning. I just exploded.....

System Inquiry - torchwood - 02-20-2009

in tau 44 there is a planet which is highly dodgy, just like that. that one was due to uranium, the planet in omega 15 might be simular

System Inquiry - Derkylos - 02-20-2009

There's no rhyme nor reason for the O-15 planet to have such a huge atmosphere, it just does:P

Is it, perhaps, misplaced? I know some planets have misplaced deathzones...or maybe it's making up for ones like Honshu and Praia which suffer from a lack of deathzone...

From modding systems in the passed I find it highly unlikely that the
atmosphere was "misplaced" but it's deathzone mis typed. 1 Added
digit to any number for a system can add sever consequences in
some cases. This case being a deathzone the size of of the two
giant suns in the system.!

System Inquiry - Derkylos - 02-20-2009

I know nothing about modding:Pbut I do know that no matter how close you get to Honshu, you will not die. You have to repeatedly ram it...I guess this planet with a 4k atmosphere is making up for that...

It could very well be. I do know what you are talking about on the subject of Honshu. Some planet atmospheres in the game could barely maintain life. It's the way things work around here I guess.

System Inquiry - Linkero - 02-20-2009

I have never seen this planet, but i dont think it should matter how large its atmosphere is. All planets and moons have different atmospheres. Take the earth and the moon for example. The moon has barely any atmosphere at all. And who knows how the atmospheres of other planets alllll the way out there *points to the sky* is like.

I think this planet in omega 15 gives a bit of variety to the game:DMake it a bit more life like:D

System Inquiry - tazuras - 02-20-2009

a planet's ability to hold atmosphere is dependent on it's gravity well, which depends on it's size and composition, hence unless there is something extremely bizarre about the composition, it's wrong. If this is the case it should be in the infocard and your nav comp should warn you before you die.

System Inquiry - retnuh - 02-21-2009

this happened to me before in omicron minor there is a planet there which you don't have to get very close to before you blow up, i think i was closer than 4k though.

System Inquiry - Tenacity - 02-21-2009

it's an easter egg.

BTW, the planet only has an atmo of 2k, but if you fly a capship like the rheinland battleship, well... your scanner shows distance to the center of your ship, while your ship hull extends out past that.