Discovery Gaming Community
Interpol - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Interpol (/showthread.php?tid=16749)

Pages: 1 2

Interpol - Zapp - 02-21-2009

"FRED!" Chief Myers of the LPI roared, summoning his secretary. He appeared in a flash.

"YES SAH?!" he asked, clearly scared witless of what menial and degrading task the Chief had for him now.

"Send a message to the Commissioner o' the BPA. I wants a meeting on Curacao."

"Sah?"

"YOU HEARD ME! And prep the Leavenworth, it's heading to Curacao. And get me Karl. Markey's holding down the fort while we're gone, and don't let Claire smell the weakness or she might try to beat up on Markey and take over while I'm gone. And don't forget to feed Marx. She is your wife..."

"...she's not, sah..."

"...and all, and don't forget to feed ma lizard, and that Rogue I keep in a cage. And paint my office."

"Yes sah," said an obviously deflated Fred.

With that, the message was sent out and Matt booked a reservation on Curacao, the Leavenworth setting course for the vacation world.

Interpol - BaconSoda - 02-21-2009

Abigail Thorn sat at her desk inside The Hub, the perpetual rain of London creating a torrent down the windows. The doors to her office were closed quite securely, as Abigail did not like anyone rushing into the room while she filed reports and assigned new prerogatives and funding to the various wings of the BPA and their chief constables.

"Ms. Thorn?" Johnathan Hardings said, opening the door near-silently, "We have a missive from the Libertonians."

"Alright, Mr. Hardings," Abigail responded, signing off on a policy regarding a looser hand in malpractice punishments on New London, "Set it down and I'll have look at it after this."

"Of course, ma'am," Johnathan said as he set down the packet and left the room.

To: Commissioner Abigail Thorn
Subject: A Meeting on Curacao

Miss Thorn,

With the signing of the NATO treaty between Bretonia, we should find ourselves able to cooperate to a greater degree than in the past. Why not meet on Curacao to discuss just these things? I'm sure, even if we come to a disagreement, we can find other ways to entertain ourselves in such an establishment.

If you are interested, conference table # 23 will be open, for us, from the 21st to the 28th.

Matt Meyers

Hrm, a meeting at Curacao? A vacation would be nice, but, business is business, and funding is funding. At least I'll get a bit out of the rain, and Curacao will sure to be safe with the NATO agreement.

To: Commissioner Matt Meyers
Subject: Re: A Meeting on Curacao

Mr. Meyers,

Further cooperation between our two countries is quite the boon, especially in these times. A meeting on Curacao seems the perfect place in which to discuss such matters, a newly secure neutral ground between our fine houses. I'll supply the catering, though.

~Abigail Thorn

"Johnathan," Abigail called through the intercom, "I'll need a transport to Curacao by midnight, tomorrow night, and a gift basket from Christie's."

"Yes, ma'am," Johnathan responded, as Abigail placed the message in the outbox stood to look out the window.

Interpol - MB52 - 02-21-2009

Deputy Chief Karl Agathon entered the chief's office...

"Sir, you asked for me to come up here?" he asked as he looked over the Curacao brochures spread across the chief's desk.

"Planning a little vacation?"

Interpol - Zapp - 02-21-2009

Myers grabbed Karl and informed him of his plan for an Interpol organization while they walked to the mooring fixture of Fort Bush that connected the Leavenworth to the base proper. As they boarded, the ship disconnected from the base and moved towards the California jump gate. A day or so later, they were mooring with Curacao and setting off to their rooms.

Interpol - BaconSoda - 02-21-2009

Abigail stepped into her room, suitcases in arm, though, she didn't expect to use them much, given the spa clothes she received. Whatever Meyers wanted couldn't take an entire week, and, even if it did, Abigail didn't plan on spending more than three hours at a time talking.

Laying her suitcases on the floor and sitting on the bed, Abigail noticed a missive laying on the pillows that adorned her bed.

Conference tables are open from 7am until 5pm. If you are not here for a conference, please refrain from entering the facility.

Shrugging off the note, Abigail sat at the terminal present in her room, and typed the code for the operator.

"Can I help you, ma'am?" A calm voice said as a feminine, face appeared on the screen.

"Yes, I am looking for a Mr. Matthew Meyers, we have to arrange a schedule for a meeting."

Interpol - Zapp - 02-22-2009

Chief Myers sat at conference table #23, Karl at his side. They had informed the staff that they were waiting for the BPA Commissioner, and they ordered some seafood while they waited. The place was expensive, but the LPI was paying.

Soon, Commissioner Thorn walked up, and Myers hefted himself out of his chair to shake her hand.

"Please to meet ya, ma'am," he said politely, sitting back in his chair as it groaned in protest.

Interpol - BaconSoda - 02-23-2009

"Yes, a pleasure indeed," Abigail said as she sat across from Mr. Meyers, "I do believe you had something in mind. Further cooperation, was the phrase you used, I think. So, then, what exactly did you have in mind?"

Abigail leaned over the table, taking in inquisitive stance at Commissioner Meyers.

"Oh, yes," Abigail exclaimed before Commissioner Meyers could respond while reaching for her bag, "And, I did bring catering, as promised. Christie's finest, I believe she said."

Interpol - MB52 - 02-23-2009

Karl Agathon stood up and extended his hand towards the Commissioner

"Pleased to meet you Ma'am, I'm Deputy Chief Karl Agathon"

After a brief handshake he sat down and poked at his seafood some more, casually listening the conversation.

Interpol - Zapp - 02-23-2009

"'Further cooperation' indeed," he said, pulling out a piece of paper and sliding it across the table.

"I'd like to call it Interpol, short for International Police. There are a few points to mention. First, membership of a Police agency in Interpol grants them access to the criminal databases of all other Police agencies. We pool our knowledge collectively, and when we see a criminal-turned-fugitive flee our House, we put out an APB on Interpol frequencies.

"Second would be a possible over-reaching bounty board. Instead of our separate ones covering both Liberty and Bretonia, we'd combine the bureaucracies and maximize efficiency.

"Third would be an Officer-Exchange program." At this point, Karl returns to his previous thoughts of the Chief just wanting to get rid of him by dumping him into the BPA's lap.

"This is, in effect, us pooling our knowledge and trading officers to expand their skill set amongst differing organizations. Long story short, its a fast way to gain some good experience. If an LPI Officer were to go to the BPA, he'd be put in a Hussar, dressed up as a BPA Officer in every way shape and form. After an amount of time yet to be determined, he'd return to Liberty."

Myers winds down and takes a sip of his drink, grimacing. Tea. "Hey, waiter! Get me some coffee, strong and black. No, no milk or sugar."

Interpol - BaconSoda - 02-23-2009

"Ah, sorry, hello, sir," Abigail said to Karl while attempting to suppress a grimace at the thought of coffee, "I don't believe I know who you are. A pleasure, though."

"At any rate, Interpol. Quite catchy, really. An idea I could get behind, as well, with funds from the Home Secretary lacking, now that the war has turned, well, dicey, to say the least. Though, one thing troubles me: the amount of trust we can give each other. I think we can both agree that we couldn't afford to let someone run off with our military ships, at least not at this point. I say that we should refrain from sharing certain things with our transfer officers, such as our Special Response Division and Commerce Control Division vehicles, and your versions of such programs."

"Furthermore, I don't believe either of our organizations should allow for high-ranking privileges for our transferred constables. The AFO policy is very strict, and I do think that any transfer constables should have to pass it just like our new constables, and the same for any of our constables that wish to be transferred to Liberty for any of your policies."

"Of course, the rest of the idea seems sound, though, we'd need to hammer out certain details, such as how long we can keep transfers for, and how constables can apply for a transfer position. I would move to say a pending time of three months for transfers, personally, to give enough time to fully experience the law enforcement in our respective houses and for the full absorption of foreign law enforcement techniques."

Once done speaking, Abigail took a scone from the plate she had removed from her bag, and looked for another waiter to bring her tea while the Libertonians pondered their response.