Discovery Gaming Community
Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC (/showthread.php?tid=167520)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Tenacity - 01-23-2019

Where: Omicron Minor
When: Saturday, January 26th, 20:000 UTC
Who: Order|, |O|, tC-
Background Story: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=167294&pid=2055882#pid2055882

Nearly 10 years ago, during the Battle of Toledo, the Nomads brought overwhelming force to bear in an attempt to decimate their most dangerous foes: the Order, and the Core. Waiting until the two factions were embroiled in a battle between one another, the Nomads swept in with more battleship-sized forms than had ever been seen in one gathering, led by the fabled Suncrusher; a Nomad of such immense size that it made the Marduk look like a snubcraft. The Nomad fleet collided with the Order and Core lines, and for the briefest of moments the two factions worked together against a common, alien foe. Despite this fleeting moment of cooperation, both organizations suffered crippling defeats, and the Suncrusher scorched the Order's homeworld of Toledo, rendering it lifeless.

During this fateful battle, the OSD|Bastet - then flagship of the Order Science Division and one of five vessels recognized as part of the Order High Command - suffered catastrophic damage while valiantly defending Toledo against the Nomad onslaught; buying precious time for evacuation transports to transfer the population of the planet to another location. The Bastet, struck by a direct blast, was thought to be lost for nearly a decade; but has recently been found by Junkers combing through the graveyard for salvage. The Legacy of Orillion was contacted, and one of the ship's previous crew - Arya Davis - began working with the Junkers to secure and retrieve the derelict Bastet, with the goal of reclaiming it for the Order.

During initial repairs of the vessel, a scout drone belonging to the AI entity known as the Collective encountered the derelict and repair teams, performing a brief scan of the wreckage before fleeing the scene and reporting its findings. The repair crews sent a distress call to nearby Order vessels, including the Order Black Fleet and the Legacy of Orillion, requesting security for the remainder of the operation.

Now, it is a race against time for the Bastet to complete repairs and engage its jump drive before the Collective can break the Order's defensive line.

[Image: 66APrs0.png]

Synopsis:

Order vessels will begin in defensive positions near the wreckage of the OSD|Bastet in sector 2B. Collective forces will approach from Sector 2E and engage the Order defensive line.
For the purposes of this story-driven event, the OSD|Bastet is not a valid combat target; it will not engage enemy vessels, and is not to be engaged by them. The Bastet will lend some local RP-driven commentary during the battle. Combat is to be strictly between the Order Defensive Forces and Collective Assault Forces. The ship limitations of the Collective as an AI faction are determining signup slots for this event.

Rules:
  • No Re-Engaging. Once you die, you're out of the fight.
  • Combat will remain outside of the Asteroid field/edge nebula, in open space.
  • No NEMP devices.
  • You must be registered to participate in this event.
  • Registration priority will be given to the listed factions. Indy players and members of other applicable factions may be used to fill additional slots as needed.

Signup

• OSD|Bastet: Tenacity

Order Defensive Forces
  • Slot 1 - Cruiser: |O|-CV-Hatshepsut - Resheph - Spectre
  • Slot 2 - Fighter: Order|Solantheus - Bastet Mk.2 - Promotheus
  • Slot 3 - Fighter: |O|Chi.3 - Snub - Unseelie
  • Slot 4 - Fighter: |O|-H.Gallows. - Snub - Implosion
  • Slot 5 - Fighter: Order|Handsome.Mikhail - Snub - Omicron

Order Reserve:
    Pito-Chan
    ~Chio
    Antoinerory

Collective Assault Forces
  • Slot 1 - Cruiser: tC-Alpha - Harvester - Rantari
  • Slot 2 - Fighter: tC-Apha.1 - Drone - Dino
  • Slot 3 - Fighter: tC-Alpha.2 - Drone - Laz
  • Slot 4 - Fighter: tC-Alpha.3 - Drone - PkPower
  • Slot 5 - Fighter: tC-Alpha.4 - Drone - Silverlight

Additional slots may be made available if enough people sign up.

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Spectre - 01-23-2019

|O|-CV-Hatshepaut - Resheph

EDIT: Changed ship

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Laz - 01-23-2019

I'll let you later if I can attend, but now, suggesting that you remove fighter/bomber and replace with just fighter. If the order brang bombers tc- wouldn't have a chance.

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - ~Chio - 01-23-2019

EOG| is also an Order faction, we would like to see them also on the list. If yes, then add my VHF.
EOG|Menhit

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-23-2019

I'm bringing a Drone, will prolly have to log one of the Swarm but you can sign tC-Incognito

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Rantari - 01-23-2019

I’ll take a collective slot, I can cruiser or snub whatever people want

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Banned player t202085 - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 08:46 AM)~Chio Wrote: EOG| is also an Order faction, we would like to see them also on the list. If yes, then add my VHF.
EOG|Menhit

If you're not on the list you're not on the list, that's how events work. Otherwise it may as well be a normal space pew

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Banned player t202085 - 01-23-2019

Also, tc snub

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Tenacity - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 08:46 AM)~Chio Wrote: EOG| is also an Order faction, we would like to see them also on the list. If yes, then add my VHF.
EOG|Menhit

Because of their background, the collective cannot have indies on their side. It would be unfair to open up indies for three order side unless absolutely necessary. Additionally, both the order| and legacy of orillion need the activity time right now, and this should hopefully encourage them to log on.

RE: Order VS AI - Omicron Minor - Saturday 1/26/19 20:00 UTC - Tenacity - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 07:26 AM)Laz Wrote: I'll let you later if I can attend, but now, suggesting that you remove fighter/bomber and replace with just fighter. If the order brang bombers tc- wouldn't have a chance.

Noted, and updated. Shfs are still on the board though, but I would like the cap and snub fights to remain separate.