Discovery Gaming Community
Ion Lasers - To hurt your enemies without damaging them - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Ion Lasers - To hurt your enemies without damaging them (/showthread.php?tid=167525)

Ion Lasers - To hurt your enemies without damaging them - Lucas - 01-23-2019

Logging in...
Unpacking Data...
Decrypting...

Author: Franz Rousse

Ion Lasers
With the Invasions of the Hudson as well as the Hamburg System not so long ago, we were shown just how lackluster our equipment is compared to theirs,- this includes even the house of Gallia. I believe that by trying to understand their technology, we can march forwards and use what we learned against our foes with -hopefully- great success.
With that in mind, one of the edges that the Cult of Technology has over us are these lasers. They are weapons -yes- but they do not damage our ships on impact. The concept of these weapons is an interesting one, as they drain your opponents' energy resources as they reach. With that in mind, I believe there are some benefits to recreate these weapons, and as such, this project was born.

Upon skimming through the Hamburg System, I found a wreck of the aforementioned Cult of Technology, which to my surprise, had these weapons installed. Not knowing what they are, the weapon was taken by me and until recently sat on Pacifica, without any use or form for us. It was still somewhat functioning, but not ready to be used on a ship as valuable as a Cruiser-Class, due to the given damages on it and the way that these work. It has been about three months since we found them, and with the recent developments that I saw in the Union, as well as the Turmfalke that was hired by me, we were able to get these to work -somewhat- as they are meant to work.

With the assistance of Turmfalke, we were able to find a way to disable the enemies systems for a brief amount of time. Incapacitator Torpedos were used for this, to decent success. Personally, I believe that the EMP-impact of the torpedo usually disables a shield, but when such is disabled, the Powercore Unit of a ship interacts with the object, to some extent. The Cult of Technology has used this to their advantage and created the Ion Laser as a Projectile-less beam of energy that will do exactly what I described earlier. The beam fired by these weapons seems to reach speed that is unmatched by any weapon that we can currently mount on a Cruiser-Class vessel, surpassing even the Light Mortar Antimatter turrets.
With all of this in mind, we were able to understand a small portion of how these weapons work and adjusted them accordingly. As I understand, the weapons are now ready to be manufactured and used by our engineers.

Use this weapon with care, pride and honor for your home, and to dismantle any obstacale that crosses your path.

Signed, Rousse