Discovery Gaming Community
Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Leaving Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=350)
+---- Thread: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. (/showthread.php?tid=167926)

Pages: 1 2 3

Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - TheShooter36 - 02-09-2019

Well. I could sum this up with one word, but I dont wanna do it just like that.

Disco was and still is, an amazing mod upon an amazing game, and has a great community, even if it has "bumps" on the road from time to time. I was considering this for a long time. Very long time, however I kept pushing for CR all the time. But now it came to a point where I am more detrimental to the faction as a leader with my unmotivatedness and now that we have an available guy that can shoulder the burden of leadership, I can finally let it go and have a more passive, lurk-y role within the CR and disco in general. While I am mostly leaving, I will probably visit the place every once in a while to see whats developing and keep tabs.

I want to thank to all of you for keeping the place going forward no matter what happens. This place could die years ago without your dedication and love for the community. Discovery will always have a special place in me and I will definitely wont forget my journey here ever. You guys taught me alot after all, especially English, mostly grammar (I was a walking talking disaster back in the day) and storywriting.

Farewell Discovery. Keep going on, for those we left behind.

Special thanks to:

@Crayter Republic for being an amazing faction.
@"La Marine Royale Gauloise" and all other GRN factions, for being awesome reds to shoot at
@The Commune @The National Council for bringing glorious bomberswarms to taus and omicrons
@Armed Republic of Crayter for siding with me at hard times and when Crayter's integrity was at stake. (You know who you are, even if half the forum wont know stuff about what happend during those times.)
@Ingenuus Research Group and TAZ for helping me in my projects and being awesome RP groups.
BAF and Liberty Navy(be it [LN] or 5th| or others such as 3rd|) for saving our arses against gallics countless times.
@The Council for providing amazing RP opportunities and backing us up in taus in general
"The Deimos Fleet" for glorious moments within Tau 29 event, IT WAS WORTH IT AND I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!
@The Lane Hackers for being an awesome tight-knit group and having awesome interactions and RPs
@The Order (Legacy of Orillion) @Order Overwatch for keeping Order going forward and providing unique opportunities.
Independent Miners Guild for being angry miners of Taus and Omegas. Keep going buddies!
@The Brotherhood for being awesome hairy machos and great raids we had

@Thunderer @Reddy @Spectre @Black Smoke @Titan* and Chills (idk your forum name) and @Hubjump for teaching me how to cap and the fights we had, and RPs.
@"Sombra Hookier" for being an awesome RPer and player in general
@Thyrzul for being THE ZUUL and leading Council no matter what happens. I wish I had the motivation you have man.
@Kaze for being an awesome guy in general and great RPs we had <3
@Wesker for making us all embrace our inner weskers and leading angry band of vampire vikings Hessians and providing great PvP and RP.
@Lambda @Felipe and many others for keeping Rheinland alive and kicking
@Jansen @Atreides2 @Panzer @Spectre (again) @Yukina @Implosion for being excellent guys in general and helping me keeping CR intact. You are doing god's work.
@Inferno and @Skorak for keeping up with my endless admin-related requests.
@Durandal for keeping up with my obnoxious modeling and other dev-related requests. I know I annoyed you too much.
@Dartes for helping me whenever he can and making me go bankrupt with his speed in cargo carrying
@SnakThree and @"Sombra Hookier" and @St.Denis for providing me BIG loans in times of needs. I could not make the Deimos Fleet without your resources and trust in me.

If I forget anyone, just post below.

Oh, you cant haz my stuff.

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - St.Denis - 02-09-2019

Good luck for the future.

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - LaWey - 02-09-2019

For those you left behind!

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - SnakeLancerHaven - 02-09-2019

Oh well. Am probably in the same mode, just lurking around once a week. You know where to find me shutr ; )

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - The Maltese Opposition Army - 02-09-2019

Salute Long live the General

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - Reddy - 02-09-2019

Kebab army needs their admiral, come back soon

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - Kaze - 02-09-2019

See you in two weeks since you can't even Nyx properly.

Tongue

<3

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - eigos - 02-09-2019

very dramatic wall of text

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - Thunderer - 02-09-2019

Kebab removed (at least for 2 weeks)

RE: Taking an indefinite, probably long break, essentially leaving but will lurk. - Greylock - 02-09-2019

YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE US FOR LONG!!

On a serious note, take care during your leave of Disco. I'll be seeing you in other games mate. o/