Discovery Gaming Community
Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Wanted, Pics of a ship. (/showthread.php?tid=168094)

Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Mickk - 02-16-2019

90-ARKM-N9 "Valkyrie" Rheinland Heavy Fighter.

It seem pictures of this ship are hard to come by and according to the Wiki, it is no longer available in game.

I have the one from the Wiki and there is a lot of useful detail there, but to possibly make the build a little nicer it would be good if I could get my hands on a nice set of pictures.

Top, front, side (either side), back, bottom for preference.

I never really got to fly many Rheinland ships, so I can't even say where the engines are.

I've looked on Gooogle and pretty much every picture I can find is 3/4 view from the front.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Skorak - 02-16-2019

Just grab a Wraith. exact same model

RE: Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Bannorn - 02-16-2019

(02-16-2019, 12:17 PM)Skorak Wrote: Just grab a Wraith. exact same model

Nearly the same. Alternatively, just google- I was working on something the other day, and found a whole host of Wraith images. Just make sure you search via 'Freelancer Game', else you're gonna get 5000 pages of irrelevant trash!

RE: Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Laz - 02-16-2019

https://i.imgur.com/H8dciDa.mp4
the quality got worse in the conversion, rip

RE: Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Mickk - 02-16-2019

(02-16-2019, 12:42 PM)Laz Wrote: https://i.imgur.com/H8dciDa.mp4
the quality got worse in the conversion, rip

That is darn near perfect.

Along with the pic from the Wiki, I should be able to make something pretty nice.

On the other hand, getting it to fly is going to be interesting, not many flight surfaces there, so it looks like a lot of that is going to have be internal.

Will probably be quite fast though.

Also, you get a credit in the info write up for it Laz Wink

RE: Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Mickk - 02-17-2019

Here is picture of what I have so far.

Being a Work In Progress, it is NOT pretty, but it is recognizable as a Valkyrie. Will eventually be a shade of grey/green, if I can make that happen.

[Image: Valkyrie_wip.jpg]

I don't think I got the resize right for the pic, so below is a link to the full size picture.

Full Size Version

I have managed to get it to fly in this form and it flies pretty well too.

Had to hide some wings in the forward section to get it to do it though.

Despite what the picture shows, except for for the built in items, SimplePlanes is NOT good with complex curves, you basically have to build them up, piece by piece.
The dome shape on the engine nacelle is an example of a built in item, nice and smooth.
The faceted curve on the left front side is what you get when you make your own, unless you go for *really* small parts, usually needing to be manually edited for size, which pushes the part numbers for the aircraft right up as most aircraft are symmetrical. The 'mirror' command saves a LOT of time.

More detail work to do, plus figuring out where the weapons mounts are.

Looks like a trip in game to find a Wraith is in order.

RE: Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Mickk - 02-19-2019

Meh.

A few issues.

Had a good look and realized the wings are too long, the space between the hull and engines is too big.

Last, but not least, you know those complex curve things? That.
There are two of them at the rear of the ship.
Fortunately, I only have to do one and if I get it right, it will mirror to the other side.

Le Sigh.

Seriously looking at re-doing the whole side of the ship.

This is a setback, but not a big one, it's just going to be a pain. :F

EDIT: Side of ship redone. Wings shortened. Still flies.
Looks OK-ish.
The bit between the engines and the upright circle thing, that curve in there....not so much.
May have to build it up from small blocks, which is going to be time consuming.
I blame the Rheinlanders. :F

RE: Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Mickk - 02-21-2019

Another WIP picture.

Kinda got that complex curve sorted, it's not pretty though.

Have a picture of what it looks like now.

[Image: Valkyrie_wip2.jpg]

I'm adding whatever detail I can, but most importantly, I got the Rheinland flag on the side. Sort of.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Edit: The weapon you can see is the Minigun from the game. There is a matching one on the other side.
That is it at full size which shows how big the ship is.

RE: Wanted, Pics of a ship. - Mickk - 02-23-2019

An update.

[Image: Valkrye_frontside.jpg]

This is what it looks like now.

I've added a LOT (for me) of detail.

This is the version I plan on uploading.

Thoughts, comments? Have I missed anything important?

Thrusters, mine launchers and such don't exist, they could be made, but would not be functional.

The under nose missile launcher would be doable, but it wouldn't work (lesigh).

No missiles on this one, no idea where to place them where they wouldn't look silly and we can't have that on a Rheinland ship can we. Tongue

EDIT: may put mine launchers on one set of the tabs and have them launch decoys (flare/anti radar) from them.

*Wonders what Laz thinks, his name is going in the info for credit purposes after all.