Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] Clash of the Titans - Re-run (/showthread.php?tid=168134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Unseelie - 02-18-2019

CLASH OF THE TITANS
Provence
Battle Event

OVERVIEW

Having advanced to Marseille's orbit and disabled Chateau d'If prison in a surprise attack, the Oblique's battlegroup is now on a direct course for the Ile de France jumpgate in an attempt to finally establish a beachhead in the Crown's capital system. All that stands in the Council's way is the already weakened Battleship Arles, which had been undergoing refit at Rambouilette Shipyard when word of the Council push reached the Royal Navy. Local police forces have locked down the Marseille docking ring in an effort to minimize civilian casualties, and have been sortied to assist the understaffed and enervated battlegroup. On the Council side, the Crayterians and Maquis have joined the fray, hellbent on actualizing their dream of a free Gallia - and if necessary, dying for it.

DETAILS

The Arles and Oblique will be flown by anonymous players who have volunteered to portray these ships. This is not a siege event.

Date:
Saturday, February 23rd, 1800 to 2000 server time.

Event Type:
Battle Event

Council Primary Objective:
Destruction of the battleship Arles.

Council Secondary Objective:
Council forces score the most kills.

Royalist Primary Objective:
Destruction of the battleship Oblique.

Royalist Secondary Objective:
Royalist forces score the most kills.

Allowed ship classes:
All

Allowed IDs:

Council ID
[C] The Council ID
Crayter Republic ID
=CR= Crayter Republic ID
Maquis ID

Gallic Royal Navy ID
MRG| La Marine Royale Gauloise ID
Gallic Royal Intelligence ID
Gallic Royal Police ID

Disallowed Equipment:
NEMPs

Respawn timer:
Disabled / No timer (Except Oblique and Arles. When they die, they die for good)

OUTCOME

Council Primary Victory:
Battleship Arles destroyed, Council seizes control of Provence.

Council Secondary Victory:
Hyeres Anchorage remains intact as a base of operations in Provence.

Royalist Primary Victory:
Battleships Oblique & Arles destroyed, Provence abandoned by Council & Royalist forces.

Royalist Secondary Victory:
Gallic Royal Intelligence is able to insert the RNS Sisteron, an Obstinate, into the Provence theater as a base of operations.

EXPLANATION FOR EVENT RE-RUN

The previous iteration of this event was subject to a large-scale hacking incident. While it is probable that the GRN side would have won the first event, with the involvement of the hacking at the very beginning of the event, we cannot say how the event would have otherwise unfolded. We have made an attempt to make this event re-run less of a chore by adding in secondary objectives to both the Council and Royalist sides. These secondary objectives will allow more pvp focused players to secure a base of operations for their side of the event by scoring the most kills. In addition, a major issue with the previous event was that the area of engagement deviated from the zone originally intended for combat. Due to this, GMs and Developers will be on-site to ensure the event runs smoothly, and that both parties participate in within reasonable boundaries to ensure a enjoyable gameplay experience for all involved.

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Dark.Star - 02-18-2019

Depending on which date it is being re-runned, maybe I can show up on a Valeur.

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Durandal - 02-18-2019

It's right there near the top of the post, Saturday, Feb 23rd at 1800 server time.

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Dark.Star - 02-18-2019

Right, didn't see. Sure I will swing by then. If RL doesn't call or something else doesnt happen

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Hashida Suzuha - 02-18-2019

Royalist primary victory conditions seem a bit odd to me.
What is the point for them in exchanging Arles for Oblique?

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Unseelie - 02-18-2019

The point of the event is to let players participate in large events of the story.

The outcome will be: the losing side loses an asset of huge proportion, upon which later story events will swing.

If the Oblique is destroyed, that means I view the civil war as going worse for the Council, and vice versa. A station that represents a large portion of that nation's fleet will be removed (read: Destroyed in the battle), and a nation's ability to project power vastly reduced.

Also, we hope, this event will be fun.

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Fiendflug - 02-18-2019

Can we get players from the respective OFs to pilot the event ships this time in order to not have such an unfair situation like last time with one event battleship actively moving away from the event area and avoiding fights while the other event battleship stands its ground and even charges the enemy team? I am sure everyone would appreciate it. They of course can remain anonymous, but it would at least guarantee that there is no conflict of interest.

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Unseelie - 02-18-2019

We are also concerned by the possibility of the Titans becoming wildly separated as in the first event. As such, we're going to implement a new "system" whereby, basically, we are going to try to prevent that and other bits of unfairness that can be moderated by the positioning of the Titans from happening. We are trying to learn from these events to present a more engaging experience each time.

While I don't agree that the respective Official Factions actually need pilot their Titan, and as I also don't see any reason why those players would be any less likely to fail in a similar way, in the circumstances of the last fight, I do absolutely agree that we ought not have situations like that.

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Hashida Suzuha - 02-18-2019

(02-18-2019, 01:28 AM)Unseelie Wrote: The point of the event is to let players participate in large events of the story.

The outcome will be: the losing side loses an asset of huge proportion, upon which later story events will swing.

If the Oblique is destroyed, that means I view the civil war as going worse for the Council, and vice versa. A station that represents a large portion of that nation's fleet will be removed (read: Destroyed in the battle), and a nation's ability to project power vastly reduced.

That's not exactly what i've meant. The Royalist side seems to be at a loss in both cases, with their 'victory' looking somewhat more of a neutral ground between the competing sides.
This is in no way a complain, i am merely interested in how the team - or someone in particular - came up with such a zero sum scenario.
Also, what if one of the sides is going to fail to achieve tgeir primary victory goal but fulfill the secondary? How things are going to unfold then? Will the system, perhaps, won't be entirely given up on by the side in that case?

Fun should be the very first point of it, everything else is secondary.
I hope to see the team actually fulfilling this goal.

RE: Clash of the Titans - Re-run - Markam - 02-18-2019

(02-18-2019, 02:00 AM)Hashida Suzuha Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 01:28 AM)Unseelie Wrote: The point of the event is to let players participate in large events of the story.

That's not exactly what i've meant. The Royalist side seems to be at a loss in both cases, with their 'victory' looking somewhat more of a neutral ground between the competing sides.
This is in no way a complain, i am merely interested in how the team - or someone in particular - came up with such a zero sum scenario.
Also, what if one of the sides is going to fail to achieve tgeir primary victory goal but fulfill the secondary? How things are going to unfold then? Will the system, perhaps, won't be entirely given up on by the side in that case?

Fun should be the very first point of it, everything else is secondary.
I hope to see the team actually fulfilling this goal.

From the description of the event in the OP, it is clear that the royalists are fighting at a severe disadvantage, the Oblique battlegroup is far superior to the Arles group, and if this were not decided by an event, you would imagine the story devs would give the victory to Oblique outright. Players are being given a chance to change this likely outcome through their actions in this event. The Arles is a fine sacrifice to prevent the Oblique from threatening the capital, the result is a massive strategic win for the Royalists, and it has a big impact on the way the war turns out, as Council won't likely be able to end the war by taking the capital.