Discovery Gaming Community
Message to the Council of Dons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Message to the Council of Dons (/showthread.php?tid=16826)

Message to the Council of Dons - Unholy1 - 02-23-2009

Incoming Transmission
Comm.ID - Major Picaro Diablo of the SOB [Callsign] - {SOB}Unholy1[A]
Target ID - Council of Dons
Beginning Transmission

Greetings Honorable Dons,
After my little encounters with the Liberty forces tonight it got me thinking. If any of us happen to go into Liberty and are in a bad situation the 522nd are almost more then happy to lend us a hand, or that I have noticed for myself anyways. I know we aren't hostile to this group, but we don't really trust them in Alpha. Well they have almost the same enemies as we do the corsairs, Liberty law type, and so on. So why not let them maybe dock on say Palermo base in the Eta system as a repair point. Now I know you guys are thinking yes that will help them out, but how will we get anything out of this. Well not that I normally would care, I know you all think I am out to kill everyone that doesn't stand behind me, but I have thought this part out as well. The 522nd are at war with the corsairs, So if we give them a repair point in our space we will have support in our fight to take out these cannibal scum type cousins of ours. This will bring less death to our guys do to the 522nd in the corsairs way. This will also keep the corsairs away from Malta which is what we really want. If you Dons are still weary about this idea maybe try it as a probation type thing, give them so many weeks or months to try this out and if they slip up we ban them all from our space permanently, but I really think this will help us out in our fight against the corsairs so I will thank you all in advance for your considerations.

Major Picaro Diablo
S.O.B Major
Shadow Outcast Brigade

Ending transmission
Major.Diablo out.

Message to the Council of Dons - Unholy1 - 02-24-2009

*** Resending message ***

Message to the Council of Dons - Unholy1 - 02-25-2009

Any Dons out there?

Message to the Council of Dons - Dab - 02-25-2009

Yes Major Diablo, there are. We have been discussing this decision, and have three votes so far. Two for it, one against it. The one against it would be me. The reasons for this are simple. That is, while these 522nd vessels may be against the current Liberty Navy, they are still Libertonians. If they were to eradicate the current Liberty government and replace it, we'd still be their enemy. These people have fought us in the past and will again, and their influence on the war with the Corsairs is negligible.
Now they can negotiate whatever they want in Liberty with the Rogues and Hackers, but I am opposed to allowing any of these 522nd ships docking rights on our bases. I would look upon them with suspicion just for being in our territory.
Let them use the three conveniently-located Freeports if they wish to fight the Corsairs. They don't need our bases to do it. Furthermore, if we were to allow anyone docking access simply because they are an enemy of our enemy, we would be attempting to get the Xenos on our side, or the Gas Miners Guild. Just because they shoot Corsairs is no reason for us to stick our necks out to protect them. Trust comes when someone earns it. And shooting Corsairs isn't enough to earn my trust.
Again, these are my personal opinions, not that of the council. However, this proposal won't get a positive vote from me.

-Don Fedele

Message to the Council of Dons - Unholy1 - 02-25-2009

I respect your decision Sir, but it does not change mine. With the new formed Corsair group the HAF coming at us more and more we could use the help. And also you know as well as I do our boys can repair a ship much faster then anyone at a freeport. I also understand they are still Libertonians, that is why I mentioned a probation period. Now as you said those are your opinions and these are mine. But however the final decision may turn out I will be fine with it, and accept it. Again thank you for your time.

Picaro Diablo.