Discovery Gaming Community
Staff Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=627)
+--- Thread: Staff Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=168272)

Staff Feedback Thread - Dino - 02-25-2019

Welcome to the Discovery Admin Feedback thread.
Just like most groups here in Discovery, the Admin team is also not exempt from public feedback from the rest of our members.

The purpose of this thread is to allow us to adequately access our own level of work within the community as well as the overall state of things when it comes to the Team. While fully public, if there are issues with the members of the Admin team you would wish to bring up personally, you may leave your feedback privately via the Player Request section.

Likewise, you can find your current active staff list HERE.

This thread is meant to leave feedback only. If you wish to bump or remind us of some sort of request or things that are need of doing, please send us a private message.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - St.Denis - 02-25-2019

As there only appears to be two of you and by your title you are not Admins, would it not be useful to actually state what your ‘duties ‘ entail?

That way any feedback will be actually relevant to you.

If this is not, per se, just for the two listed GMs and for the whole Team, then a breakdown of areas of responsibility would be nice.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Dino - 02-25-2019

I believe the difference between old administrators and new game masters is rather minor. GMs still handle all requests, process them and tend to other in-game and game-related matters, as well as enforce the rules and regulations. The only difference I can think of is GMs having moderator-level access on the forums, which makes developers responsible for editing and creating subforums, changing user groups etc.

As there's only 2 GMs, the internal structure is basically non-existent (besides GM/moderator separation within the department) and we try to handle a variety of requests and tasks so we learn how to process them properly and perfect ourselves in doing so.

If you are interested in the structure of the whole team, it'd be best to ask developers to receive the most accurate information. But their structure has remained similar to old one, with an addition of GM (which includes moderators) department and some new blood within their ranks.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Enkidu - 02-25-2019

Despite their only being two of you, you're already more responsive, processing more quickly, behaving with greater impartiality, and generally exhibiting less cynicism than an Admin team of Six despite having less avenues to delegate and more skillsets that you all need to collectively utillise. You're even running events better. Your co-ordination with the rest of the Dev team is concrete rather than adversarial.

Your workload must be enormous, yet you're still making time to talk with the community. You're accessible and responsive to quick one-sentence questions. You seem to be passionate and the community is responding positively. There hasn't been any controversy lately.

Discovery has benefited already from switching to an administration to a DnD-style adventurecrafter's system more in keeping with how the game is played. It's exciting and to universal benefit. Like you say, the differences pragmatically are small, but the separation of approach matters.

Keep doing what you're doing, you beautiful bad-asses. I'm looking forward to seeing more people join the team.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Agent Omega - 02-25-2019

Honestly, I like the efficiency and speed of GM team, but that may be the result of having only 2 GMs right now and not having a brexit-esque multiperson debates and waiting for others, which we tend to have in CR for example, due to 8 person HC structure. I am looking forward to seeing the structure when there are more than 4-5 GMs.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Enkidu - 02-25-2019

(02-25-2019, 02:41 PM)Agent Omega Wrote: Honestly, I like the efficiency and speed of GM team, but that may be the result of having only 2 GMs right now and not having a brexit-esque multiperson debates and waiting for others, which we tend to have in CR for example, due to 8 person HC structure. I am looking forward to seeing the structure when there are more than 4-5 GMs.

Definitely. I feel votes shouldn't require a whole-team signoff unless a smaller voting pool comes to disagreement.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Lythrilux - 02-25-2019

It was a self destructive cycle. The Staff get too much work to handle, so they recruit more staff, but then that's even more people who need to vote on requests and thus things pile up even more.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Salmin - 02-25-2019

In my vision you are more friendly to community than previous administration.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Laz - 02-25-2019

You guys have been pretty on top of things, but don't burn yourselves out and get yourselves into a cycle.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Kauket - 02-25-2019

(02-25-2019, 02:24 PM)Dino Wrote: The only difference I can think of is GMs having moderator-level access on the forums, which makes developers responsible for editing and creating subforums, changing user groups etc.

You mean that all Head devs are admins too, because regular devs dont have any powers. GMs are the same as admins, I don't know why the team decided to not call themselves that, and I think it's even more ridiculous that they're saying it's all in one team now, because it's not.

I hope the team going to open up more admin positions, because having 2 people is a terrible idea, and it's already been shown that one of the sanctions were rushed.