Discovery Gaming Community
Staff Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=627)
+--- Thread: Staff Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=168272)

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Hemlocke - 01-29-2021

Can't find myself disagreeing with anything Karlotta said.

(01-28-2021, 11:53 PM)Saronsen Wrote: And here we see it's okay to brigade against someone and act as foul as you desire as long as most of the staff dislikes them too.

We traded durandal for more of the same. Or perhaps for worse?

The heavy decision was incredibly accurate, and hindsight is 20/20

It's worse specifically because it's no longer 2-3 people, it's a large cast of people, and with a larger portion of people, there's more mouths to screech louder to drown out the differing viewpoints of others. The issue with Justin was the pack mentality, you join him, or you get steamrolled in any way he so chose, perhaps even your entire faction. Now you have many more individuals doing the same thing that refuse to listen to the community, punish players anytime they see fit for any reason, abandon anyone that doesn't praise them, and believe they know what's best for the community while most of them sit around doing nothing.

Worst of all, much like the system in place in the United States, the corrupt have their own courts, separate from the public courts, they try their own people, so the corruption is excused by the corrupt and they walk free. They don't have to do anything about it because they have the ability to wipe the slate clean whenever they so choose and absolve themselves of all guilt. Which is happening here. They will harass anyone they want in any way they want because they can and for no other reason, and preach that others should not do the same thing, it's the "do as I say not as I do" nonsense that everyone know doesn't work, lead by example. I can't find myself having personal beef with anyone on the team, but this is just cut and dry, you don't behave like this, doesn't matter who you are, doesn't matter who you're friends with, doesn't matter which high collar you know. If you are unable to conduct yourself along the same moral compass and with the same rulings you push upon others, you don't belong in a position of power anywhere, regardless of how trivial the position may be.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Wildkins - 01-29-2021

have we considered just shutting it down and moving on with our lives

i, for one, have put my head through far fewer drywalls after unceremoniously throwing away any shred of hope for this community or mod

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Lythrilux - 01-29-2021

Poor John

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Czechmate - 01-29-2021

Honestly, a lot of people here live in the past. Where you could force people into logging factions by restricting others.
When it comes to mining - there is PvE now, there are regular commodities with an acceptable $/hr without all the hassle. If you restrict people - they just stop logging.

What do you think would happen if mollys would have 2.5x, Auxesia or Maquis 2.0? Would their gameplay revolve around it? No. Because the profit is still bad and it's inconvenient. They would run an odd Convoy, do it when there's nothing else to do and people aren't logging.

It would however give people in the factions the taste of the mining gameplay. And if they enjoy it, they will want to do more of it. On factions that do it a lot, with bonuses and convenience that bring them REAL money. In other words - it would be a win win win for everyone.

@St.Denis aren't you sick of being the same couple people doing the same thing in GMS? Wouldn't it be nice to get players interested in mining, in your region, in factions that are worse at it and do it once in a blue moon, so the players can ask themselves "hey - I know how it's done now, maybe I should try more of this, but better and in a faction that is more convenient and does it regularly"?

I looked into the RHA example - apparently they locked down the mining fields. But they had the same bonus as the Lawfuls, and could maintain PoBs I assume. But even they are now all but dead, and nobody mines. It's time to shake the rust of the past, live with the times and do the most important thing the staff should strive to do - keep the server alive and people logging.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Felipe - 01-29-2021

(01-29-2021, 11:17 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: I looked into the RHA example - apparently they locked down the mining fields. But they had the same bonus as the Lawfuls, and could maintain PoBs I assume. But even they are now all but dead, and nobody mines. It's time to shake the rust of the past, live with the times and do the most important thing the staff should strive to do - keep the server alive and people logging.

Well, now that is a bad example. RHA is pretty much dead for 2 main reasons, none involves mining.

A) RHA been kept as a combat group (and really good at it, we must admit) despite multiple leaders efforts, when lawful Rheinland disbanded, due to RHA limited ZOI, they didnt actually had much to do: most of his reason to log had vanished, no one to shoot at. Many RHA leaders during the years im here put every effort in turning RHA able to do if not all, at least most of what one can do in Disco being only in RHA, so RHA is properly a "super faction".

B) And they been so sucessfull in destroying any pob in Rheinland that no one tried to make new ones to use, so RHA fell victim of their own sucess, having smashed all opposition, nothing left to do. But rest assured, once Rheinland activity rise again (and will, believe me) so will RHA activity increase.

That having been said, i really believe that what we need arent more "super factions", but ways and means to be more friendly to newcomers and maybe, i dont know if is really possible at this point, have a easier skill curve to the fights. We gone to a point that (apparently) if you dont have a "gamer pc" capable of running the game at huge resolutions with zillions of frames you wont be able to do anything in snubs against the top ones, most of the time "normal" people wont even be able to deshield an "ace" even ganking him 4 to 1. And all the rest is meaningless when ppl trade, roleplay, do whatever is possible, is on their reach, and they still get stomped, steamrolled no matter what, because they cant spend 3000U$$ on a PC and years at conn to "git gut". And no, people wont spend their days in disco if when some aces log, all they can do is logging off.

Yes i know simply making the combat less skill-based would be unfair to the guys that spent years honing their skills, but heck, we should really try to find a way. One suggestion that i dont really know if is possible, would work or people would accept? Different classes of ships being way less impactful on the other. Ie: one dont spend 2 billions in a cau8 BS to get stomped by 4 crappy bombers that havent costed same as the BS secondary guns... Caps fight caps, gb's fight gb's, sn00bs fight sn00bs, bombers modded to heavy fighters with snacs, fighters having brrrrttttt etc. Is just my thought, but maybe worth a consideration from the GM's crew?

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Thunderer - 01-29-2021

Can the GMs please consider Libgov's request? Bretgov has been waiting for their response for a month, but their response depends on the outcome of that request.

Also, can I please get some info on the status of my request about a rules amendment concerning POBs? It's been some time and I have no idea if it's being considered at all.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Couden - 01-29-2021

(01-29-2021, 11:53 AM)Felipe Wrote: B) And they been so sucessfull in destroying any pob in Rheinland that no one tried to make new ones to use, so RHA fell victim of their own sucess, having smashed all opposition, nothing left to do. But rest assured, once Rheinland activity rise again (and will, believe me) so will RHA activity increase.

Omega-3 and Omicron Gamma still exists

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - SnakThree - 01-30-2021

How come Insurgency OF ID be allowed to fly bunch of Liberty Battleships? Was this oversight? Was this faction perk request?

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Haste - 01-30-2021

Harmony probably always could? And Insurgency is as much (if not more) Harmony as/than Hellfire.

RE: Game Masters Feedback Thread - Shinju - 01-30-2021

(01-30-2021, 06:05 PM)Haste Wrote: Harmony probably always could? And Insurgency is as much (if not more) Harmony as/than Hellfire.

Harmony could fly BCs only and had two SRP Dreads. I was surprised also, but they've been allowed to field Dreads since the merge of Harmony and Hellfire.