Discovery Gaming Community
Staff Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=627)
+--- Thread: Staff Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=168272)

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Lusitano - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 12:49 PM)Kauket Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:47 PM)Lusitano Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 10:12 AM)Krumai Wrote: Uh... isn't this supposed to be a democracy? People need to test their practicality before these changes are let out.

Welcome to a devtatorship!

It's never been a democracy nor will it ever be. Letting people who aren't experienced in giving the ability to make changes isn't good, nor is allowing circles to manipulate the state.

LOLOLOL and the dev team is very experienced and don't have "buddies" who are mainly benefited with their decisions!! right Wink

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Morosz - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 12:25 PM)Backo Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:15 PM)Kalhmera Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 10:35 AM)Saronsen Wrote: Don't forget that Corsairs and Outcasts still have ZOI in 80-90% of all systems (For outcasts, all of the omicrons, sigmas, taus, Liberty, Kusari, Bretonia, most independent worlds, parts of gallia, etc) unrestricted, with no limitations to what they can do to other players and POBs beyond the generic rules, and can take caps to all of these systems too.

But I can only enforce the law in 8 systems as Liberty.

:^)

+1 to this. I dont understand why Houses get gimped but Outcasts still keep their ability to bring and dock capitals in house space.

To be honest if it wasn't for POBs requiring you to bring 5+ Battleships in order to siege a base, I'd be the first to petition the team to remove House Space access for Corsair/Outcast ID capital ships. It has done nothing but overshadow the local unlawfuls in such areas. Outcast/Corsair battleships shouldn't be a thing that you see in House Space, but rather something you'd pray you don't see when you're outside of said House Space(s). It would also give the local factions something to offer that the big Outcast/Corsair man can't do. But as things stand the POB man is immune to LR/LH/Xeno/Molly/Unioner/Bundschuh/GC/etc man once it gets a shield and some upgrades and sometimes you can only rely to your big brother allies to remove things.

So because POBs are a mess that justifies throwing Lawfuls under the bus. And mind you the discussion about how to solve POBs is endless and for the last 5 years brought no progress whatsoever. Ergo it's more than likely that it will never end up being solved. Which in turn means that Houses are thrown under the bus, OC cap spam at 80 to 90% of the map is still a thing and everyone is pissed for one reason or another without things actualy moving forward.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Kalhmera - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 12:56 PM)Morosz Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:25 PM)Backo Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:15 PM)Kalhmera Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 10:35 AM)Saronsen Wrote: Don't forget that Corsairs and Outcasts still have ZOI in 80-90% of all systems (For outcasts, all of the omicrons, sigmas, taus, Liberty, Kusari, Bretonia, most independent worlds, parts of gallia, etc) unrestricted, with no limitations to what they can do to other players and POBs beyond the generic rules, and can take caps to all of these systems too.

But I can only enforce the law in 8 systems as Liberty.

:^)

+1 to this. I dont understand why Houses get gimped but Outcasts still keep their ability to bring and dock capitals in house space.

To be honest if it wasn't for POBs requiring you to bring 5+ Battleships in order to siege a base, I'd be the first to petition the team to remove House Space access for Corsair/Outcast ID capital ships. It has done nothing but overshadow the local unlawfuls in such areas. Outcast/Corsair battleships shouldn't be a thing that you see in House Space, but rather something you'd pray you don't see when you're outside of said House Space(s). It would also give the local factions something to offer that the big Outcast/Corsair man can't do. But as things stand the POB man is immune to LR/LH/Xeno/Molly/Unioner/Bundschuh/GC/etc man once it gets a shield and some upgrades and sometimes you can only rely to your big brother allies to remove things.

So because POBs are a mess that justifies throwing Lawfuls under the bus. And mind you the discussion about how to solve POBs is endless and for the last 5 years brought no progress whatsoever. Ergo it's more than likely that it will never end up being solved. Which in turn means that Houses are thrown under the bus, OC cap spam at 80 to 90% of the map is still a thing and everyone is pissed for one reason or another without things actualy moving forward.

What I am trying to also say is and this is purely my opinion. Why would anyone want to play a Lawful Character? Just be an Unlawful, you get more ZOI and things to do.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Backo - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 01:02 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: What I am trying to also say is and this is purely my opinion. Why would anyone want to play a Lawful Character? Just be an Unlawful, you get more ZOI and things to do.

POB Cerberus turrets make it much harder to cyber on top of Newark as an unlawful, sadly. Sad

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Stoner_Steve - 04-14-2021

This change is for the better. I for one am excited to be able to log into my Junker Congress Character in PR and be able to smuggle again without needing to avoid 1/3 of the map for fear of an FR5 in Liberty

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Binski - 04-14-2021

Yeah if house influence and where they can use caps has been curtailed, I think its about time to do the same with Outcast ZOI. Perhaps limit them down to cruisers inside house space, and the interhouse borderworlds. Houses might not be able to meddle as much in the borderworlds, but that also means they can't go help in defense. Any system where any faction's caps have ZOI should also have at least one opposing faction of equal cap capability though. Which means in Liberty, only the insurgency should be a real threat, in Rheinland, only the Hessians/Unioners should be that treat, and in Bretonia perhaps just the corsairs (and of course coalition could still be the one go-to for an 'everywhere' ZOI).

At the same time, how often do lawful fleets rush to the defense of stations in the borderworlds?

A possible solution would be to allow intel ID cruisers to engage enemies outside of ZOI for more than just self defense. If a house wants to siege a base just outside its borders or anywhere I suppose, let them use intel ID ships instead. Same goes if they want to send ships to help in base defense. RP deals and alliances can always secure exceptions.

As to POB's, people say they are a disaster but I don't get that. Bases here are either hopeless newborns that never get off the ground, or actually manage to get strong enough to survive. There's little in between. For sieges, we could use a super weapon like a Trebuchet ship that would be like a cap that only fires one weapon, one big long range volt every minute or so that causes huge damage and effects a wide area. Caps would then just need to defend that ship during a siege, and it would make serious base sieges like real city sieges where forces show up with siege artillery and bombard from afar. Which means an opposing fleet would be needed to go take out the trebuchet ship. And technically defenders can bring their own to the field to try to even the odds. Maybe make them an OF perk or just a ludicrous moneysink ship, that moves slow like a barge. That would give factions a better chance to deal with bases they feel are impossible to crack.

In return, POB's should start out at at least 200 million HP, not 20. To avoid spam, it might be time to change the value of laying a base. Make one of the commodities super expensive so it costs at least 100 million to even build a base. That will make people think twice about spam dropping them everywhere. But if you're serious, and especially if a major faction and need the POB for additional defense, etc, you'll simply need to invest.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Erremnart - 04-14-2021

When I joined the game almost a year ago, there were proposals about "siege transports", accessible for every faction, which could eliminate any need for OC cap spam across Sirius.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - darkwind - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 01:19 PM)Backo Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 01:02 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: What I am trying to also say is and this is purely my opinion. Why would anyone want to play a Lawful Character? Just be an Unlawful, you get more ZOI and things to do.

POB Cerberus turrets make it much harder to cyber on top of Newark as an unlawful, sadly. Sad

Dev leak to prevent it evolving into another POB thread

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - The_Godslayer - 04-15-2021

So, since "Factions considered hostile" is part of the law, and houses can't enforce laws outside of their own little boxes now, does that mean they just can't engage outside of that box?

Actually, it doesn't matter. They can't stop piracy at the border, so I'll just do that instead.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Tenshi - 04-15-2021

(04-15-2021, 12:04 AM)The_Godslayer Wrote: So, since "Factions considered hostile" is part of the law, and houses can't enforce laws outside of their own little boxes now, does that mean they just can't engage outside of that box?

Actually, it doesn't matter. They can't stop piracy at the border, so I'll just do that instead.

Code:
This Liberty Military ID is used by members of the Liberty Navy who:

- Can enforce laws within Liberty House Space.

- Cannot use ships with more than 4300 cargo space.

Within Zone of Influence (Liberty, systems directly bordering Liberty, Coronado):

- Can attack ships belonging to factions considered hostile by Liberty.

The line giving Law Enforcement the ability to attack factions considered hostile by their house does not mention 'within X House Space', it instead mentions ZoI which (roughly) is still the same. Therefore you very much can attack ships that belong to hostile organizations even outside 'the box'.