Discovery Gaming Community
DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement (/showthread.php?tid=168289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Laz - 02-26-2019

Good evening boys and girls. I am very happy to announce my latest project. DSCore, or Discovery Core, is a designed to be a FLStat/Wiki replacement where the information is spontaneously generated from the game files, allowing it to be constantly up-to-date, unlike the wiki which falls behind every update and needs to be updated (almost exclusively by @xiphos).

While not finished, this tool offers a few new features like 3D ship rendering and synced server side data (WIP). To use the 3D viewer go to the "Ships" tab and select a ship. Please note, this tool is very WIP and wont work with every ship. If you want to make sure it's working, the Arrow, Corsair Gunboat, and Liberty Battlecruiser are all confirmed working. Most vanilla model ships will work as well.

A Few Notes
  • The 3D rendering tool, GLancer, is written in javascript, and uses rather bleeding edge syntax. This means it wont work with older browsers, like Internet Explorer, or MS Edge. The latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari should all be working, however.
  • The serverside configs are not finished yet and trying to open them will just outright fail.
  • While I work out the most optimum way to serve files, the server may run a bit slower, especially under load. Hopefully this gets better as I optimise it.
  • The design isn't very responsive and wont work on most mobile devices or screen's running a resolution less than 1200px width. Desktop view should still work but it'll look a bit off

Credits
@Laz - Hi, I made this.
@Treewyrm - Made GLancer, the tool I'm using to render in the 3D ships, as well as provided an invaluable role in the application's design.
@evanz - Made the cute little defender icon!
@Alex. - Server side shenanigans that allowed it to be hosted @DiscoveryGC

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Miaou - 02-26-2019

Neat.

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Vulkhard Muller - 02-26-2019

Huge Kudos Massive Massive Kudos

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Bannorn - 02-26-2019

Very cool

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Rantari - 02-26-2019

Well done Laz, you forgot to credit me as best friend but it’s no worries you can add it in later Wink

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Markam - 02-26-2019

Splendid! Now we can spend even less time working at work, and reading info-cards for obscure bases.

Looks like the power-core stats aren't showing (for me at least), some things to iron out I guess.

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Shadow Of Sekuta - 02-26-2019

Thats really neat, what about updating News channels on bases so we don't have to go to the forum to know about in server events (im not being Mean or anything im just asking, is there a lack of people to update the news in the bars or)

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - SnakThree - 02-26-2019

Brilliant.

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Amethran - 02-26-2019

You are awesome.

RE: DSCore - An Online FLStat/Wiki Replacement - Reddy - 02-26-2019

Great job laz, massive kudos