Discovery Gaming Community
To: BAF| Admiralty Board - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: BAF| Admiralty Board (/showthread.php?tid=168489)

To: BAF| Admiralty Board - Wesker - 03-08-2019

[Image: NJDZcj3.png]

COMM-ID: Matilde Aquila
Subject: Bretonian forefront/IMG rumors
Priority: High I think.

Buenos dias, Admirals or whoever receives this and decides to respond to it,

Hola, I am Matilde Aquila representing the Legion on the Bretonian Forefront for the time being until either my father or Valdez returns.

As I stay among the people of Planet New London and support you from time to time on the front lines within the scope of what you allow (which I have been for some time now). I've begun to hear rumors across several Inns, bars, restaurants, you name it. Something about the Independent Miners Guild to the Southeast, of course rumors are rumors, but this has been a frequent occurrence among some soldiers and civilians.

I'd like to kindly ask if there is a situation. Hostile or otherwise, just so we're aware during our ins and outs of Bretonia. Hopefully it's nothing, but Ezio and Eliza will likely grow a bit worried if something has developed.

Again, if it's nothing or if you'd just prefer me out of this picture, I'd understand.

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Matilde Aquila.

Attachments:

RE: To: BAF| Admiralty Board - Markam - 03-08-2019

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Bloody Mary

[Image: bFdy7f1.jpg]

Matilde Aquila

My name is John Redmond, and this is not to gloat, but I have a wide collection of service medals ranging back to the original Tau war, I have fought in both Tau 23, and Tau 31, the medals prove as much. I know the Outcasts reasonably well, and my experience was deemed suited to this communication. Consider me your liaison for the Admiralty board.

Some among us forget the IMG were all too keen to pucker up, and kiss the hairless behinds of our former Kusari foe, and indeed, following the Gallic invasion, finding their usual sugar daddies thrown quite literally into the abyss in Tau 31, they started looking for another Daddy from which to get their sugar.

I admit, we felt bad for a while, it looked as if they were the victims, and for a period we bought into it, hook line and sinker. They even seemed to look like they were helping those fickle Crayter boys, and our current allies the Council. But the charade has dissipated. We made a request of them, one that would help us in the war significantly, this request was made of Omega 3s Aland Shipyard, a civilian instillation located within easy reach of Norfolk and in our sovereign territory. I am sure you can tell by my tone, but they refused this request outright, and "declared war" on us without even so much as a summit on some cowboy ranch. It stinks, and as a veteran that knows better, I think I know why.

They've turned to him, Big Charlie, master sugarsmith, with his macarons and profiteroles. By my estimation, they seek to deny us the Shipyard for his benefit, likely to gain all the sugar-glazed mining rights our fine house has to offer. We have taken steps to neutralize this organisation where we can, Cardiff is no issue, our main focus is of course Aland, South Shields lies in a precarious position in Newcastle, due to the presence of Gallian Royal Navy assets in the system, and Dublin has the Hood, obviously not a threat, but it is in an awkward position.

This is the situation, and forgive us for not sending a Call to Arms to our allies, yourselves included, we rightly do not consider this to be a "war", but just an acquisition of assets, nevertheless, this is part of a wider war in which IMG has joined the other side, a war the Outcasts have been called into long ago. If you see fit to see as we do, that the IMG are collaborating, then any assistance that your group can provide will be appreciated, in Newcastle, I understand there is an Outcast base very close to the IMG installation, and if you could warn us of any Gallic forces moving to help IMG as we suspect they will that may prove critical. Likewise, if you are after the IMG's blood, I am sure they will have some defensive forces you can chew on, you naturally have no complaints from me or the Admiralty if you were happen to persuade them to submit. I would also appreciate if you could find any evidence of IMG's sins with regards to Gallia, you have reach within Tau and even Newcastle that we do not, any evidence that may come to light will expose them for what I believe they are.

I am also wondering if you have cooperated with our Secret Intelligence Service previously? They may be able to provide you with more detailed intelligence on this matter.

Regards,

Commodore John Redmond
Carrier Venerable, Stirling Battlegroup
Bretonian Armed Forces

RE: To: BAF| Admiralty Board - Wesker - 03-08-2019

[Image: NJDZcj3.png]

COMM-ID: Matilde Aquila
Subject: IMG
Priority: High

Well,

That certainly is some situation, the Independent Miners Guild are quite greedy and intrude in the space of others, taking what they will and looking to not give back. Bending over to who they must. It should be quite obvious that I speak as someone affected.

I'm Maltesian, I may be very young, but my father has lived through decades of conflict with the Miners. Make absolutely no mistake, greedy as they are, they will fight you to the bitter end, and have many in their corner to provide for them. Their ability to whinge and beg for mercy in times of need mixed with their stubborn battle tactics makes them a foe that shouldn't be considered a minor skirmish.

The Legion was founded in a time when executing them was more than necessary, and we did. I'm certain you won't find anyone else in Sirius more willing to support you in this endeavor to take down the IMG and win the war. I will notify my superiors and we will begin collecting what evidence we can from the tau region and Newcastle, if you are in need of fire support specifically in the Dublin and Newcastle region, notify me.

I have no ties with the SIS; my father, Ezio Aquila, does however. I think I might have a decent word in with them, I'll contact them to find out.

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Matilde Aquila.

Attachments:

RE: To: BAF| Admiralty Board - Backo - 03-21-2019

[Image: 0iYzX3c.png]

COMM-ID: Eliza Valdez
Subject: Newcastle and IMG

Buenos dias, Esteemed Bretonian Admiralty,

Recent diplomacy between our Nación's diplomats and the Crayterian leadership has secured temporary ceasefire in the Barrier Gate corridor. This has given us the opportunity to reallocate certain resources and manpower from Coronado and Tau-29 into the Bretonian forefront and put them into better use as the situation permits.

Legionario Matilde Aquila, being in charge of the spearhead of the Legion's operations in Bretonia, has kept us well informed of the recently developed situation with the Independent Miners Guild. Obviously the Maltese Legion supports your claim on Aland Shipyard as we consider the Guild as nothing more than traitors to Sirius, since the moment they have submitted to the Gallic Crown, just so they can keep their station in the Tau-23 system. Alas, as it was already discussed, providing any support in the distant Omega-3 would be stretching our supply lines way too far as it was with your conquest of Omega-49, which the Legion also looked favorably to, but was unable to participate in.

What we are instead capable in doing is focusing our efforts elsewhere to force the Independent Mining Guild and it's allies in dividing their forces to protect both fronts. And now that the recent fallout between Bretonia and the Guild has escalated into an armed conflict, our hands are finally untied to strike against the South Shields Refinery without making a diplomatic mess. Legionary forces on Cape Wrath are currently preparing for the upcoming assault on the refinery's defenses that will hopefully draw the Gallic Navy's attention to secure their flank and ease off the pressure on the New London front while Bretonia focuses on securing the Omega-3 system.

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Eliza Valdez.

Attachments: None

RE: To: BAF| Admiralty Board - Markam - 03-21-2019

Eliza Valdez,

I do not believe we have had the pleasure.

Your situation with Crayter is an interesting one, and the war effort will benefit from the current cessation of hostilities. Considering your similar locations, you may find yourself fighting along side them, an interesting thought. Their stance against the IMG is confusing at best, mind you.

Newcastle is finely balanced, but we hope to turn the tide in our favour. Your forces will help in this greatly. We would not demand you assault the Gallic Battlegroup directly, but your light assets are capable of doing considerable work, work that may prove critical. We fear Gallia intends to use South Shields and their IMG puppets against us in the system, so we must neutralize the station, while securing it would be more beneficial, if necessary, the stations' destruction is not something we will rule out.

When we move on the station, we would appreciate a large contribution of snub craft from the Outcasts, both in aiding the removal of the defenders, and for eliminating Gallic response from Tau or Embrun.

How many forces can you provide for the operation? Also, if you intend to use anything heavier than a gunboat, please let us know in advance. If you have heavy assets you can utilize in this operation, I would expect they would be more easily applied in an attack on New Tours and Holman, though we are open to other options.

In short, we are extremely grateful for Outcast assistance in Newcastle, and it may indeed prove vital in securing the system.
Admiral Paul McKinley of the Ark Royal is in command of the forces in the system,
but as always I will liaise with you directly.

Regards,

Commodore John Redmond
Bretonian Armed Forces

RE: To: BAF| Admiralty Board - Backo - 03-22-2019

[Image: 0iYzX3c.png]

COMM-ID: Eliza Valdez
Subject: Re: Newcastle and IMG

Commodore John Redmond, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

The Legion currently has gathered a standing task force in Newcastle consisting of fighters and bombers. Due to the nature of Cape Wraith and the vicinity of Gallic forces in the neighboring Tau-31 system it was deemed too risky to move heavier assets into Newcastle at the moment. Though our combat doctrine has always preferred fast precision strikes over bulkier forces so I am certain that even with our limited firepower we would be able to lend Her Majesty's Armed Forces the needed assistance.

While we have the men and firepower to attack South Shields and it's defenses from space, we do not have ground troops needed for capturing the station itself. We would like to know if Her Majesty's Forces are in condition to provide the needed troops for capture or if we should focus on inflicting as much damage to the station as possible. Of course, we leave it to your judgement regarding which option would be better for Bretonia.

Also as our strike force is more suited in guerrilla warfare, we believe that the attack plan should be tailored in such a way in which we could utilize the tactical advantage of Galloway against the Gallic forces which we expect to consist of heavier and less maneuverable ships that will have trouble fighting in or near the asteroids. Of course, I'm open to other suggestions as well, if the Admiral of the Ark Royal has a different strategy in mind that could be employed.

En servicio de Malta,
Legionario Eliza Valdez.

Attachments: None

RE: To: BAF| Admiralty Board - Markam - 03-23-2019

Eliza Valdez

I believe we are in line in our expectations. You will not be alone in the South Shields operation, and I believe we can supply heavier assets necessary in taking the station over completely, we are hoping you can make up for a fighter and bomber shortfall. As mentioned, we are cautious in our approach on the station, as we do not wish to over commit when Embrun is so close. I will be blunt, without your assistance, it may be more prudent to ignore the station completely, or to simply disable it, by conventional, or by less conventional means.

And I would like to express my gratitude for your assistance within New London against GRN recently, your presence is being felt acutely, and if you need anything logistically do not hesitate to ask.

We are stepping up our efforts to blunt the Gallic approach, taking the fight to them when able. In order to break them, we must increase the intensity of our defense, we are fighting for the survival of Siruis as a free sector, if we fall, Gallic hegemony will crush all before them.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if our great House, and the Sirius System as a collection of free Houses last for another eight hundred years, men will still say, “This was their finest hour.”

Regards,

Commodore John Redmond
Bretonian Armed Forces